Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I am surprised he liked the multiplayer. I mean, I liked the multiplayer too but still.

So he doesn't play the Halo multiplayer because multiplayer is only okay if it comes by itself for $30 (unless it's L4D and then it can be $60) or unless it comes with a single player campaign for $60 (like Halo)? The point was never that he had to like the Halo multiplayer just that he should have, I dunno, played it and considered it.

This is all wearing a bit thing.

"... wash out her vagina with baking soda"???

Veering hard into unsocialized-dork-who-plays-too-many-video-games territory, Hat Guy.

I liked the British Guy to, I just didn't like how he sounded quere. Now all americans will think we're like him :)

theblackmonk90:
I sense a conspiracy here. Is Shaun actually Yatzee? Could anyone really tell? I mean Australians can easily pull of a British accent (a real one, not the accent Americans think we have) with a small amount of effort.

Yahtzee IS British. he just moved to Australia.

Thats awesome! I was just thinking how much you and Shaun are alike lol. I laughed alot thanks.

I knew I wasn't the only person who liked that sarcastic bastard Shaun.

Soccer might be interesting if ou killed the players during a match. Or, better yet, the fans!

Madskull:
I really expected Fable III by now... but I guess you had your share of Fable by now.
Still, a nice review of the newest Assassin's Creed. I can hardly wait to get my hands on it.

I don't think he's going to review the fable three ever seeing as the first fable was just for fun the second fable however was given to him by peter in his attempt to shut yathzee up but seeing as that failed peter probably didn't repeat that performance.

I dunno whats more shocking; that Yahtzee liked the Multiplayer or that he liked Danny Wallaces character. I, personally, can't be arsed with AC:B as it has too much of a focus on MP but this was a good ZP so at least we get something out of this game...

They should do one like they hinted at in the end of the first game, the ancient Orient.

BBMv12:
I dunno whats more shocking; that Yahtzee liked the Multiplayer or that he liked Danny Wallaces character. I, personally, can't be arsed with AC:B as it has too much of a focus on MP but this was a good ZP so at least we get something out of this game...

Uh... the single player campaign is easily the larger part of the product and its quite lengthy. I finished it just a few days ago and while I felt AC2 had some cooler locals and funner sequences its easily bigger and more diverse in its scope. Dunno why some people think the game is multiplayer focused because it really really isn't.

The snarky, sarcastic, misanthropic, British man is Danny Wallace. He wrote Yes Man and owns his own country. I swear to god that's true. He's both the voice of the snarky, sarcastic, misanthropic, British man and the face of him too.
Look it up.

Also, HOLY SHIT nobody did a "first" post and got suspended!!? :O

I kind of want assassins creed 3 to be in Victorian era Britain. It was an interesting piece of history with great architecture. Then in the one after that we become Desmond. Also great video as always.

rezaDN1992:
I think we can't play as desmond in assasins creed 3 because you stil don't own all the items. If you look at the hologramm of the world that comes somewere you see there are still at least 10 more MacCuffins. Hopefully part tree will be somewere in londen or PARIS. Or more orrigenal China. Playing as a ninja.

I dunno why but reading this and I LOL'd. co-workers are looking at me funny now ._.

Nukeforyou:
so.. i wonder how yhatzee likes the news about ea retiring "offline" games

step in the right direction if you ask me.

I, personally, wouldn't have much of a problem with not being able to spend my money faster than it grows.

As for the review - funny as always, but for some reason I'm not liking Zero Punctuation as much as I used to. They make me snicker more often than making me laugh my ass off like the ending of the Tomb Raider Anniversary or Heavy Rain videos. Or the best metaphor ever, the one about halfway through the Prince of Persia Retrospective, about sticking your dick in a pudding. Maybe it's this horrid headache I have after staying up all night to study for college finals?

Jamaicob5:
I liked the British Guy to, I just didn't like how he sounded quere. Now all americans will think we're like him :)

Unless we've actually met a British chap, in which case us Americans will just think of him as an asshole.

You know, kind of like the rest of the world thinks that we're assholes.

I'm Italian! :D

Scrub your daughter's vagina with baking soda? What the hell is wrong with you?

A big publisher trying to make an expansion pack into a full game with a full game's price?

WHY THAT'S JUST UNHEARD OF!

LogicNProportion:

Da che regione dell'Italia?

haha Yahtzee and the Uk guy from AC do sound familiar :D :D :D
best episode in awhile :D I think games that Yahtzee likes get better reviews :D

Nurb:

LogicNProportion:

Da che regione dell'Italia?

I can speak a bit of it. ;)

Technically, I suppose, I'm Italian-American. I was born in US, as was my father, but his father was born in Sicily.

We DO have a grand ol' family tree from ancient times though, and my family originally hails from Naples.

Good review, I admit I don't know to much about this game. Still, I'm a little disappointed that a Fable 3 review has yet to materialise.

believer258:

Jamaicob5:

Unless we've actually met a British chap, in which case us Americans will just think of him as an asshole.

You know, kind of like the rest of the world thinks that we're assholes.

I don't think you're assholes, every country has done it's bit to harm the world, and since america has only been cultivated for 300/ 200 years or so, England and other countries probably have done more things to harm.

I had a feeling you might like Shawn, Yahtzee.
I couldn't imagine why, though...

Monkeyfunforidiots:
Yahtzee, have you ever seen the film "In Bruges"? 'Cause there's a bit where a guy goes into a confession and says "Forgive me father, for I have sinned.", and the priest asks him what his sin is and he says the he killed a guy for money, and the priest asks him who he killed, and he says "You, father." and kills him.
And your bit with the confessional reminded me of that.

I wasn't the only one, then.
That was an epic film.

CD-R:
I get the feeling Ubi Soft is trying to put off giving Desmond his own game as long as possible since they seem to know nobody likes him. I wouldn't mind some more historical eras. Maybe like the Colonial period, or World War I, or one where you play as a female assassin.

calvincaplan:
WHEN IS HE REVIEWING FABLE III?

Screw that. I want him to review that new Naruto game that came out. Nothing but pure hilarity and fan girl tears.

Oi! I'll be one of those fangirlsboys :P But yeah, I'd actually like to see Yahtzee's opinions on a Naruto game. Never seen him comment on much stuff like that. I'm guessing it'd be negative though.

Ever since I saw this Critical Miss: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/critical-miss/8342-Critical-Miss-Different-Creeds I've had an Elizabethan England/Dutch Revolt era Assassin's Creed story bouncing around my head. Could I make an Escapist thread outlining the plot and seeking comment or would that be something better left for some sort of fanfic site?

I didn't think that Assassins Creed needed a multiplayer, but Ubisoft did a good job with it.

Wait a minute.

Wait one polypicking minute.

You mean to tell me that AC:B is essentially AC2 combined with MGS: Peace Walker?

I.

Fucking.

Approve.

Yeah, the Shaun guy reminded me immediately of Yahtzee.

Vorosh:
I don't think I could have imagined Yahtzee liking a multi-player aspect of a game. Although it makes sense that combining stealth (done well) and not having to rely on other people would be the first.
It seems disappointing that it takes place in one city, but at least that solves the Assassin's Creed 1 problem of how dull it was to get around.

Rome is very, very, very big. The city half is like three Florences and a touch of Venice put together. The half which is mostly open fields and some ruins is fun to ride around on a horse. Also, the Colosseum is fucking awesome.

hawk533:
I remember originally thinking that Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was going to be a PSP game. Which would make it cost less and therefore make it more worth it. I didn't actually think that they would turn a multiplayer assassin game into a full priced console game.

There is a single player part, you know.

Anyone remember The Ship? It's an old source mod that has a very similar multiplayer element to Assassins Creed:Brotherhood's mode "wanted". It's really obscure now but wow even wikipedia acknowledges the similarity.

WOW and here I thought zero punctuation had finnaly stoped kissing valves ass. I have a question for Mr. Croshaw, Is there a game made by Valve that you dont like? And since you never answer questions lets just pretend its rhetorical. If this site wasnt so damn good I'm sure I'd stop watching. Now excuse me while I go fail my mutual funds test.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here