Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

WanderingFool:
Yahtzee likes the snarky british member of the merry band of killers? Who woulda thought?

I wonder if this means he likes Danny Wallace by extension?

sazzrah:

theblackmonk90:
I sense a conspiracy here. Is Shaun actually Yatzee? Could anyone really tell? I mean Australians can easily pull of a British accent (a real one, not the accent Americans think we have) with a small amount of effort.

Except Yahtzee isn't Australian, he's British. He just lives in Australia.

Splitting hairs. He lives in Australia. He's Australian. Just like the thousands of other British people who have moved to Oz.

I only just recently started playing Assassin's Creed 2, and i must say that it fails to draw me in and intrigue me as well as AssCreed 1 did. I guess i found the crusade-era holy land a lot more interesting than faffing about in italy.

As much as I enjoy the Zero Punctuation reviews don't you think its incredibly pretentious to assume that everyone else is a brainless twat?

Why oh why do I have to keep pausing and then un-pausing the video at the end to read the final joke?Oh that's right, because they've put a giant pause symbol in the way. Oh I've paused the video..... Thanks for the fucking information.

InnerRebellion:

Novur:
Being too poor to actually own a current gen console anymore, and my gaming PC getting FUBAR'd, I have to settle for watching Toby Turner's Let's Play videos.

Upon Toby getting to the cutscene where the British bloke was introduced into AC:B, of course the first person I thought of was Yahtzee. I was pretty shocked when the credits were nearing and Yahtzee still hadn't mentioned him.

Ah Toby's just horrible at the game, and it's so hilarious to watch him get utterly confused at what's going on. By the way, what happened to your face? What happened?

OT: I SWORE that the British guy WAS Yahtzee... maybe they all DO sound the same... I personally love the multiplayer as well, finally not a "LOLOLOLOL shoot kill teabag ahaha die RAGE!" multiplayer.

Hello! I have a package for you. It's MURDER!

OT: I do like the sound of the multiplayer aspect, and I can't wait to play it for myself. It's more in keeping with the game, as opposed to Halo's "let's go axe crazy on the people we're supposed to be allied with" Slayer matches.

You know what sucks? Some Motherf$*#ing R$T*$ded F#@*$er in some forum somewhere (i think IGN) ruined the story for me by posting a single line that reveals the big twist at the end. Didn't even use this, the bastard:

I was waiting for him to say what he thinks about Shawn. Clearly the only thing that can make one snarky brit happy is another snarky brit. :)

I loved AC:B personally but god damn, Ubisoft really loves those cliffhanger endings! It sucks having to wait so damn long to find out what happens to Desmond.

Well, I liked the Assassin Recruits thing. Maybe it's because it makes the player feel like "This is below me. Hey, you can take this."

I had a feeling that a good part of Shaun's appeal to Yahtzee is his assholishness towards Desmond. I can tell that he's pretty happy about the ending for at least one spoileriffic reason...

hmm i just had an idea for assassin's creed 3 they could put it in the cld war playing as a spy killing commie, or even better as a russian spy killing americans that'll stir up some steam.

GrizzlerBorno:
You know what sucks? Some Motherf$*#ing R$T*$ded F#@*$er in some forum somewhere (i think IGN) ruined the story for me by posting a single line that reveals the big twist at the end. Didn't even use this, the bastard:

so do you want the answer to that question? i can tell you the answer if you want to know.

Yahtzee, you are great critic, I admire your work....
I'm mexican and so I have problems understanding some english (although I'm barely good, hence I'm writing these) specially the quick talking english from an English man living in Australia....
But I do observe the points you develop for every review. Although what I search in videogames is a good story, you actually know what's important in a videogame. I'm a writer and critic, but I have lots of flaws when analyzing some works (I write critics, mostly personal, to books, Anime, videogames, TV programs and...bah, anything that has story ((or attempt of story) on it)
and so watching your reviews help me a lot.
I will certainly read your novel.

You are fucking awesome!

I apologize for the fan boyish these message may seem.

I played the multiplayer beta for PS3. Thought it was a good idea but unfortunately people are dick spits and just wanted to play Call of Assassin's Creed. Just a bunch of retards running about, ignoring the stealth idea entirely and making it really boring.

"I wonder who's an an assassin here... Oh it's probably that hyperactive retard running up a wall while revealing his blade like a pointed cock of doom."

All in all it just became a free for all where I just jumped on every dickhead who went by me at even a slight jog.

Haha, was actually thinking about the resemblance to the snarky man and you before I finished the game. Nice review.

Good as always. I was really looking forward to a ZP opinion on a multiplayer-heavy game.

CD-R:

Screw that. I want him to review that new Naruto game that came out. Nothing but pure hilarity and fan girl tears.

If he did that, he'd likely kill himself before he even got to the Hour mark.

Yhatzee rules!!!!

Not to be the guy to land ass first on big ben,but don't you have a starcraft2 to review?

LogicNProportion:
I was born in US, as was my father, but his father was born in Sicily.

Then you're american. With roots somewhere in Europe like everybody else. And please don't turn into a monster like the jersey creatures.

I can seriously say that I think this was the funniest review that Yahtzee has ever made! On the off chance he reads these comments then I'm proud to say that "Mogworld" is a diamond in today's pile of shit literature of Vampire romances!

Off topic but i have to say i just started reading mogworld and it is very good.

wait wait wait.

yahtzee mentions ffx-2 being terrible. this would suggest he has played ffx-2. he also mentions that it is like an optional side story expansion to a main game. this would suggest he has played ffx. but that's... not possible.

what the hell?! i must be reading too much into this.

AssassinJoe:
I always did see a similarity between Yahtzee and Assassin's Creed's Shawn.

I never did. I always secretly hoped Desmond would assassinate one and wanted to make sweet sweet love to the other.

I'll let you sort out which is which.

I was cautious when I first saw this game advertised. Then they made me excited. Near release date, I got cautious again. Since the main reason I'd buy this is the multiplayer, finding out it's lackluster is inane. I was hesitant to pay 60 dollars before, but I'm flat out uninterested. Not because of ZP, it just reaffirms what I keep reading: ACB has poorly thought out multiplayer.

Dead legs? The strange text-based anorak purgatory of Championship Manager? A chalk talk for wee assassins? This is the most football-centric ZP ever! But would Yahtzee really open the door for a bottle of Turning Leaf? The shame, the shame.

Evict them? Hilarious!

And Yahtzee has a daughter? Awesome Review.

LOL
I get the apple bit now.

garMov:
Not to be the guy to land ass first on big ben,but don't you have a starcraft2 to review?

He already wrote in one of his Extra Punctuation articles, that he won't be reviewing it anytime soon.

I'd vote, partly out of a bit of patriotism, Portugal and Spain as a very viable choice. Not only because it's not been done to death, but because it has the raw material for a lot of good templar based plot: The portuguese king actually harboured the templars after King Philip's trial, and they set up a convent that to this day has all sorts of funny legends about it.

Also, and more important, The order of Christ, which was crucial and vital to the maritime expansion of the Iberians is a descendent of the templar order. Since they do want to keep the whole templar archenemy thing, and some sort of tie in to mesoamerica would be a nice implementation to the series, Ubisoft could do worse in exploring that avenue.

Other than that, even if it's more of the same, I quite love the game and its mechanics. Sure, I didn't particularly feel "challenged" by it (the only challening game in the series is the first, and bordered on the needlessly frustrating), but I did enjoy the whole setting, the whole free roaming jumping around aspect of it, and, if you truly want it to be challenging, navigating your way to a perfectly set assassination can be very rewarding.

hahaha that British guy annoyed me...but hmmm gee I can't see why Yahtzee likes him either lol
nice to hear he likes Ezio, but yeah eventually they'll need to move on (as much as I like Ezio too)

I'm still waiting for this game to be available for Blockbuster's online rental

Always found AC to be quite good in the respect of offering badass stealth maneuvers and a wide range of free roam that ties in well to the storyline and characters...

... sadly no matter what my friends say I will always find it shit in the respect that once you do something cool the first time it isn't fun the next 10 or 12 gagillionth times...

... Especially when the difficulty is then upped and the bosses become psychic.

Lol'd at that last line in the credits... It is hard to get around wearing the contents of a laundry basket isn't it?

9 Blowjob spectacular!!! I should invest in that myself.

Hilarious as always, top notch work Yathzee!

I caught that "obscure movie reference of the week", Yahtzee. Yes, some Americans have also seen "In Bruges", though it's existence has gone largely unnoticed by the general populace. :-P Or maybe the almost direct correlation between your confessional assassination joke and the scene of Raymond murdering the priest are entirely coincidental...in which case, bravo.

Great review yahtzee but...

I don't understand him saying desmond miles is bland and has no personality:

-he's occasionally playful with lucy and has a growing attachment to her also
-he makes light sarcasm and jokes to lighten up the dark situation
-it is hinted that he is starting to become more facsinated with the hallucinations he gets from the animus

those sound like characteristics to me, but I agree that he's definitely not as well developed as ezio or any other characters. (or maybe i'm just not a good judge of storytelling)

theblackmonk90:

sazzrah:

theblackmonk90:
I sense a conspiracy here. Is Shaun actually Yatzee? Could anyone really tell? I mean Australians can easily pull of a British accent (a real one, not the accent Americans think we have) with a small amount of effort.

Except Yahtzee isn't Australian, he's British. He just lives in Australia.

Splitting hairs. He lives in Australia. He's Australian. Just like the thousands of other British people who have moved to Oz.

Wrong. Living in a country doesn't automatically make you a citizen of said country it makes you an expatriate (a citizen of your home country living temporarily/permanently in another country).

Anyway, your point was based on Yahtzee having a native Australian accent and the supposed ease with which he could fake a British accent. A point which is rendered entirely moot when you consider Yahtzee doesn't need to fake a British accent when he is British and already speaks in all of his videos with a distinctively English accent.

No hairs split here my friend, you were simply incorrect.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here