Shamus Plays WoW #7: The Cataclysm Begins!

Shamus Plays WoW #7: The Cataclysm Begins!

Who knew that pies were such a moral minefield?

Read Full Article

They kept the inbred farmer missions? Crap.

Really fun reading. Keep it going!

They way this is wrote really reminds me of the Bartimaeus trilogy.

Shamus should write a novel like this :D

I wish there was alignment options as part of the game mechanics so you could really establish yourself as good or evil.

Pies are the best :D
Good work, as always.

Excellent. I'm dissapointed that the farmer-fued quests are still there, to be honest. I was sort of hoping deathwing would blast them in the face.

I like Pie!

DaxStrife:

Hatfields and the McCoys this ain't. Give me REAL feud Cataclysm. Is that too much to ask?

Fun stuff. Oh wait, no, helping out the MacClures has NEVER been fun, lazy, feuding jerks. At least they moved Goldtooth OUTSIDE the mine instead of putting him in the ass end of the mine swarming with annoying, fleeing kobolds.

Also, a question. I wouldn't mind doing one of these "Let's (Role)Play" blog-stories for fun, so what site would you reccomend for this purpose?

I was expecting Norman to somehow screw up and be responsible for the cataclysm. It would have been entertaining!

The more things change the more they stay the same huh!

I hope Blizzard addressed more than just the geography and the 'popular' crap quests in Cataclysm, the fetch and carry quests really get me down...

I'm looking foward to seeing the differences in post-cataclysm WoW.

"pencil-pushers from Infernal Affairs" ba-dum-cha!
lol great as always.

Shamus Plays: In Which Shamus mostly just makes jabs at lazy quest writing!

As if I'd ask for anything else though. Norman is a huge woobie.

That kid annoyed me like you would not believe.

Humanfactor:
I wish there was alignment options as part of the game mechanics so you could really establish yourself as good or evil.

You can! If you play Horde, you're good. If you play Alliance, you're evil. It's simple. :D

Gotta love the twist you put on these quests. Awesome. Makes me smile :)

Mackheath:
They way this is wrote really reminds me of the Bartimaeus trilogy.

Bartimaeus was less of a dick all the time and more of just not giving a shit.

I'm tempted to ask you for a wallpaper of the nomnomnom shot

Urrgh. This just makes me jelous..
Play is still "Checking" my order for it. And I pre-ordered it, so you haven't got me there.

Tryss:
I'm tempted to ask you for a wallpaper of the nomnomnom shot

I was thinking the same thing :D

Fantastic Punchline XD

I'm glad I didn't get sucked in to play this thing again with the coming of Cataclysm. I had anticipated at least a complete reworking of the old level 1-10 zones - what with the hype of "rebuilding" the game and all that jazz. There's no way I'd want to go through getting little Billy his pie again, no way.
Please at least tell me that they streamlined Elwynn Forest a little bit. The running back and forth in that zone always bored me to pieces (not to mention running all the way from Westfall to Redridge a few levels later, what a damn pain that was).
It still looks like a lot of NPCs are just standing around, too. I realize it's a big gorram world to inhabit, but man if those generic MMO NPCs aren't unappealing as hell.

The demon in this comic really echoes a lot of stuff I thought when I played this mediocre game. Nice work, mr. Young. I'm enjoying it so far.

DaxStrife:

Yeah, but they moved Princess to the Maclure farmstead so you don't have to run for miles.

Things are pretty much the same until Westfall.

That was... Damn, Shamus. I would've never thought of the quest that way. I guess I'm as dim as Norman :(

Also, I think the first picture is awesome. The dragon really does look nomnomnom'y

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here