Escapist News Network: Not Games But Movies

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Not Games But Movies

Movie-based game or game-based movie. Either way, we lose.

Watch Video

Fuck In the name of the King 2. Even if the plot ISN'T as ridiculuos as Paul says.
And Super Meat Boy is terrible, just terrible. *wink*

Nice one, though I think you need more meat boy in there. Oh well, time to get down to my disseration...unless the internet offers more delicious distractions.

It does sound like someone playing Kentict with that hacked game they're talking about. You know the one, with the "Adult Situations".

I'm trying to decide if the whole In the Name of the King 2 thing was a joke or if it was serious...

I miss longer ENN episodes, despite how great this one was.

Got pig?

I love how you guys always rip on Zynga.

Why yes, I do have pig. Oh ENN, how I've missed you.

I saddens me that it is only a bi weekly thing now.

but still Did Microsoft really thing the kninect would be flying off the shelves in Japan?

Billy Bob Thornton, you ass. It isn't my generations fault that older generations figured out how to churn out crappy movies and still make bank. That is your generations fault.

I not only have gotten pig. I have played minecraft and watched top gear.

Now I NEED a Super Egg Toucher T-Shirt.

Edit: I got a mean interstitial warning screen about this post. Is it too short or something? I honestly don't understand bans on this site.

JoelChenFA:
I not only have gotten pig. I have played minecraft and watched top gear.

Dammed ninjas.

What's with super meat boy?!?!?! *wink*

Cameron Sours:
Now I NEED a Super Egg Toucher T-Shirt.

Edit: I got a mean interstitial warning screen about this post. Is it too short or something? I honestly don't understand bans on this site.

Nothing to worry about there, the forum etiquette rules merely changed slightly. Needed to simple "re-agree" to the new terms. No warnings for submitting a post! =D

More on topic though, I.. Already sent my thoughts to Graham & Kathleen via the Twitters.. So.. Uh.. I can has DLC with my DLC plz? Also, guy who made Super Meat Boy? Put skinless Graham & Kathleen in your game! Because we all know how HORRENDOUSLY AWFUL it is without them. *obvious sarcastic wink*

Super Meat Boy what a terrible game winkness*

Wait...Jason Statham is Dolph Lundgren's father? Dolph just got ten times more badass in my book.

that was one of the best openings to ENN ever. Well played guys.

That was the least enthusiastic "arrgh" I've ever heard. I also want egg toucher.

Kathleen, its abOUT not a-BOOT

zelda2fanboy:
That was the least enthusiastic "arrgh" I've ever heard. I also want egg toucher.

as do we all

Zachary Amaranth:
Wait...Jason Statham is Dolph Lundgren's father? Dolph just got ten times more badass in my book.

I know one of Dolph cousins, and he sucks.

Dammit Germany needs to write an exception into their Movie Grant laws to exclusively deny anything Uwe Bold wants to make! >.<

God i just got goosebumps just thinking about the atrocities Uwe have unleashed upon the world! At the very least he isn't the only guy who is terrible at making a videogame movie, im looking at you Andrzej Bartkowiak, Gordon Chan, and Dwight H. Little D:<

Thanks, now Uwe Boll gets eaten by Cthulhu.... boy, will he be pissed... no taste and guaranteed to give you nausea...

Haha! I was hoping you guys would reference Super Meat Boy! Now to make Team Meat aware of your existence, and maybe get a reference to you guys in a future update! (They are fairly responsive to their Twitter, and have fantastic senses of humor, obviously.)

The inflections by Graham on his unenthusiastic arrr and Kathleen's "that doesn't sound like someone playing Kinect" were great.

Pirate Comments from the Thromborax, simply awesome...

The biggest problem with Billy Bob's assertion is that this era of movies doesn't have a monopoly on crap; rather, it only seems like there's more crap because we only remember the classics from years gone by but we are involved in all the crap today.

Look at it this way: in fifty years people will fondly remember the first decade of the 21st Century as the decade that gave us great classic movies like "Lord of the Rings," "The Dark Knight," and "Inception." All of the dreck will be rightfully forgotten.

You know your game/movie is terrible when people can't be bothered to pirate it.

Wait CD project are going to knock my nuts into my bank account and drain what exactly?

bdcjacko:

Zachary Amaranth:

Haters gonna hate.

Besides, who are you to talk down to the offspring of Jason Statham?

(Doesn't look like this posted before, if it's a DP, pelase ignore)

no, h

Zachary Amaranth:

bdcjacko:

Zachary Amaranth:

Haters gonna hate.

Besides, who are you to talk down to the offspring of Jason Statham?

(Doesn't look like this posted before, if it's a DP, pelase ignore)

No, the guy I know sucks. I believe that he is Dolph's cousin, they have the same last name, look similar, and he told me about it when Dolph was pretty much wallowing in no career, so it wasn't awesome name dropping.

perhaps this is my own observation, but I might have a valid point here. why do we make movies based on video games these days anyway? isn't that why games already have cinematics in the first place? then movies don't really even take advantage of the fact that developers have already done some of the work for them! I find it one of the more frustrating points of the adaptations of games into movies.

the horrendous acting and scripts are an entirely different matter altogether. do I really even need to go into that? of course not.

I, too, want a Super Egg-Toucher t-shirt.

Got pig? Erm... yes? No? I don't know...

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here