Escapist News Network: Not Games But Movies

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Does bi-weekly mean every other week or twice a week? I thought it was going to be every other week to make episodes longer, but this was shorter...

Do you think Super Egg Toucher will have a PS3 port? The controller for the Move almost has the egg there for you already.

bdcjacko:

No, the guy I know sucks. I believe that he is Dolph's cousin, they have the same last name, look similar, and he told me about it when Dolph was pretty much wallowing in no career, so it wasn't awesome name dropping.

Nothing associated with Statham can suchk.

*remembers why we're discussing this*

Well, okay, but to be fair, nothing with Uwe can be good.

Pugiron:
Kathleen, its abOUT not a-BOOT

Nobody in Canada says a-boot. Nobody. It baffles me how Americans can continually hear this. We say about. We don't make the painfully over-pronounced ab-owwwt that Americans do, but what we say sounds in no way like a-boot.

EDIT: Unless of course Americans have a really weird way of pronouncing 'boot'

Thanks for confirming that Billy Bob is still an enemy of Canada.

Well, at least CD-Project aint gonna waste time and resources on annoying DRMs.
As long as they don't bother guys like me that actually buy stuff, they can be as proactive as they like regarding piracy.

good episode, but I was seriously hoping whargarble would be the added word. Oh well.
And as far as movie based game or game based movie they could could make a movie based on a game and then make a game based on that movie and everyone will hate it(I'm looking at you Street Fighter the Movie the Game).

I guess we're done with the Wharlgarbl?
Ahh, well... I got pig. Now I need to play Minecraft and watch Top Gear.

Uhm ... Kathleen, nobody can see you blink if your hair covers your eye.

ShredHexus:

Pugiron:

Nobody in Canada says a-boot. Nobody. It baffles me how Americans can continually hear this. We say about. We don't make the painfully over-pronounced ab-owwwt that Americans do, but what we say sounds in no way like a-boot.

Even Canadians make fun of it. Specifically, Alan Alda, John Candy and Stephen Wright in "Canadian Bacon" "We have ways of making you pronounce the letter O"

Great episode today, though I do have a question. Just how many Paul's or Paul-like people were in this video? Or is someone just trying to find various ways of changing Paul's name in the end credits?

Here's the thing. If they do make Super Egg Toucher: The Digital Adventure and Plush Animal Collecting Super-Hero Game For Boys Who Are Afraid To Leave Their Houses Because They Would Miss Their Mothers Too Much, then Uwe Boll would undoubtedly buy the movie rights. Then the next thing you know, we'd have The Oedipus Complex, a movie about a 13th-century detective who falls into a time portal and has to rescue his mother from futuristic alien dinosaur ninjas while aboard a space station falling into a black hole.

This would be nowhere near as awesome as it sounds, because, come on, it's Uwe Boll. Plus there'd be uncomfortable incest scenes.

And speaking of our dear buddy Uwe:

Zachary Amaranth:

bdcjacko:

No, the guy I know sucks. I believe that he is Dolph's cousin, they have the same last name, look similar, and he told me about it when Dolph was pretty much wallowing in no career, so it wasn't awesome name dropping.

Nothing associated with Statham can suchk.

*remembers why we're discussing this*

Well, okay, but to be fair, nothing with Uwe can be good.

Is this one of those "unstoppable force / immovable object" puzzles?

My avatar. Guess who's that.

Look, I love ENN. But if you're going bi-weekly- and I'm not sure you are- then these should be longer, IMO.

ALL YOUR PIGS ARE BELONG TO ME!!!!

I kinda feel cheated LRR.
Every other week and it is now only 3 and a half minutes? Laaaame.

ShredHexus:

Pugiron:

As an American I've never understood this either. I've listened to Canadians speak and if anything it almost sounds you're saying "a-boat", NOT "a-boot". And it's by far the least prominent Canadianism I've ever encountered. When I first started watching LRR videos I found it somewhat jarring when these people, who otherwise sounded like they were speaking in American General dialect, said words like "again" or "been" or "progress" or saying "hydro" rather than "electricity".

Hope that doesn't make any Canadian self-conscious about their speech. To be fair, given the spelling of those words the Canadian pronunciation is arguably "more correct" or at least in better keeping with the original pronunciation.

i needed to add these jokes:

How do you know if you are a Pirate?
You don't, you just AAARRRRRGH!

What's a pirate's favorite kind of cookie?
Chips Ahoy.
(actually they are pretty good)

That doesn't sound like someone playing Kinect AT ALL
Also, I'm still bummed out by the bi-weekly schedule.

Also, this is not a comment...IT'S A SANDWICH

I don't even know why that Uncharted movie exists. Just eurgh.

Also, to be a complete dork, Graeme's impression of the nightingale floor was really close to how it sounded the day we were at Nijo castle. But it had been raining, so that may be why. And even that's not that huge. The underground passageway at Shinjuku station (if cleared) might just be big enough though.

And on the Kinect thing, we've worked out the only place big enough to play it in my town would be the church hall. Which they've lost the key to. meh.

The Rogue Wolf:

Is this one of those "unstoppable force / immovable object" puzzles?

Yeah. Sadly, I think the "infinite suck" beats the "infinite awesome."

Super meat boy is terrible! *wink

Awesome episode, I don't want to have to wait another two weeks for this...

Vorocano:
The biggest problem with Billy Bob's assertion is that this era of movies doesn't have a monopoly on crap; rather, it only seems like there's more crap because we only remember the classics from years gone by but we are involved in all the crap today.

Look at it this way: in fifty years people will fondly remember the first decade of the 21st Century as the decade that gave us great classic movies like "Lord of the Rings," "The Dark Knight," and "Inception." All of the dreck will be rightfully forgotten.

Is that kind of why Saturday Night Live was better 10 years ago?

Why would egg toucher the game be rated M? What do you do to those poor eggs?

silver wolf009:
Why would egg toucher the game be rated M? What do you do to those poor eggs?

YOU TOUCH THEM

I admit: I was reaally hoping two weeks meant piles of super long ENN EXTRAVAGANZAS. These short doses of awesomeness are making me very happy for a moment -- and then, immediately after, I am very very sad.

OMG I was in Nijo Castle only a week ago!
Yes kinect on nightingale floors would be irritating but if you snuck into the Shogun's tea room there would almost be enough room to play the kinect with 2 people... Except sneaking into the shogun's tea room would require getting to it unnoticed, and, well, they have some fancy security to prevent that...

Super meat boy. who would waste time with that?

I still reckon movies are what caused such crappy games, but if crappy games are what cause crappy movies, then... then those movies cause crappy games, then.. then... ...! uh-oh

um... Billy Bob... Let's GO to Prison was a shitty movie. Brainless. Utter. Tripe.

HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT QUALITY MOVIES!?

Fuck you dude.

Not sure if I can really support the rule of, "don't be a jerk". Kind of difficult with Thorton around.

i got pig, and i watched top gear... still need to play minecraft.

whatever happened to movies based on GOOD books?... seems like they just take a blockbuster book and make a movie out of it, then make a game based on that movie, then make a book based on that game...

oh crap, i think i just divided by zero...

bdcjacko:
Billy Bob Thornton, you ass. It isn't my generations fault that older generations figured out how to churn out crappy movies and still make bank. That is your generations fault.

Seriously. The videogame generation, if anything, are the ones wanting BETTER movies. We see great stories in our games and we want the big screen to honor that. Most of my game playing friends enjoy good films and don't usually go out for stuff like Skyline. (If only they could have warned me.)

I'd say that the terrible movies is based on the masses that want everything cheap, quick and easy. No trouble, no real depth, nothing to really gain or lose. Oh well. I can't think of any BBT movie since ArMEGadon that I've enjoyed or wanted to go see.

why must Hollywood ruin brilliant storylines and lol 26000 units

Paul: "Hilarity Ensues."

Hilarity Ensued.

For some reason, I found that bit to be really funny.

Tel_Windzan:
Great episode today, though I do have a question. Just how many Paul's or Paul-like people were in this video? Or is someone just trying to find various ways of changing Paul's name in the end credits?

I didn't notice that, but whoever did that must've been the same guy who misspelled "thumbs" (as in "Two Arthritic Thimbs Up") and "Xzibit" (notice the lack of the letter Z).

Hmm. Not to sounds like a dick, but you'd think that by going bi-weekly, ENN would have all its typos ironed out. Oh well.

And GODDAMN IT, when I heard Uwe Boll was making non-game movies like Blubberella, I was hoping he'd be done with making game-based movies for good! I mean, UGH! >___<

Raithnor:
You know your game/movie is terrible when people can't be bothered to pirate it.

That is how they plan to make money off it by suing unsuspecting pirates into paying them millions dollars.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here