Critical Miss: Lapidation Pro

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

@daleksec

Grenades are too powerful in the game. Further that with about 5 or 6 people throwing about 4 in rapid succession and you have a problem with balance in the game.

That's why I liked TF2. No grenades to get instakills that you can't block or avoid.

Let He who is without Teabagging antecedents, throw the first grenade :D

@Gindil And yet on many maps, especially payload types, there are horrid chokepoints that demomen can "nade spam" with the pipe bomb.

Holy damn.

I never lol'd so bad in my life. Fucking love this. Forwarding it now.

lol. Have you ever been so angry you beat a man to death with a grenade?

Are people seriously complaining about the nades in BO? They have been nerfed to hell and back! They no longer have the power from 4 or the spam from oma + dc in MW2, on top of this they have probably been further weakened from what they were in MW2 and WaW making them less than not a problem. Then theres also the inclusion of flak jacket which isn't really needed for grenades considering just how weak they are (although it is needed for all the rcxd's).

Funny as always.But THis one takes the price. Made me laugh so hard coffe came out of my nose.

THANKS.

Worst part is, this has actually happened to me before in MW2. I was at the objective with low health and their entire team spammed grenades at my location. I got hit with a stun grenade and died from it. It didn't explode. It just hit me.

Heh earlier I was killed by a rolling grenade...It was impact not explosion. Work that one out o.0

Flak jacket is good vs booms bad vs stuff being chucked at you.

What are those white-ish grenades, Semtex?
If this portrait was set in MewTwo, every one of those would be Semtex- I have yet to see a single player that isn't using Semtex.

Thrair:
@Gindil And yet on many maps, especially payload types, there are horrid chokepoints that demomen can "nade spam" with the pipe bomb.

Yeah but nade spam cant kill you in one shot in tf2. Unless the demoman gets really REALLY lucky. A good player would back up, heal, and flank somehow. Theres always more than 1 way.

HankMan:
That's Still not the worst way to die from grenades.

Most epic grenade kill I've ever seen... EVER!!!

Nobody else noticed the hamster being hit by the pool cue?

I want a Reptar shirt.

dalek sec:

Gindil:

dalek sec:
Um could someone please explain the joke to me? I haven't played Black Ops yet so I'm very confused by the joke. D:

This should explain it

Not really, that didn't explain anything at all. Can someone just flat out explain the problem? D:

What's not to get, grenades are explosives and are so fucking overused someone was bludgeoned to death with them. It's like spending billions of dollars on a gun that can accurately fire from 10 miles then walking up to someone and beating their skull in with it.

REPTAR!! I want it!

I had more issues with the nova gas rather than the grenades. Essentially the same thing except more blurry.

But its fun as hell to do to others.

REptar!!!! He's the man. Well, dinosaur.

Also, nice stoning reference. Never see those.

dalek sec:

Gindil:

dalek sec:
Um could someone please explain the joke to me? I haven't played Black Ops yet so I'm very confused by the joke. D:

This should explain it

Not really, that didn't explain anything at all. Can someone just flat out explain the problem? D:

You + Five Trillion Grenades = Stoned to death. You die before anything even explodes.

Not. Funny.

VERY FUNNY

"Let he who is without skill cast the first frag."
Too bad there couldn't be a Jesus in this comic.

zHellas:
XD

Also: Reptar!

Who also caught that and was also surprised by it?

Me :D REPTAR!!! I want a shirt like that.

OT:
I thought it was odd too... I'm fine with a game giving me more than 2 grenades, but I've watched others play, and it kinda scared me to think of where all those grenades are being kept.

No one uses grenades in Call of Duty games... if this was Halo sure, but grenades have sucked since game 1 as I recall.

"Sh*t was biblical".
I lol'd so hard i think i have brain matter on my desk.
You need to make that a T-Shirt.

This is one of the best yet. I had the time of my day today, I can tell you that.

Awww... poor Suchong :(
But why did he try to tackle the white-ball O.o?

Not going to lie that Reptar shirt is pretty awesome

HankMan:

oh NO FUCKING WAY!!! How the... what the f...

NO FUCKING WAY!!!

DID THAT GUY HONESTLY GET KILLED BY GETTING HIT IN THE BALLS WITH A FREAKING GRENADE?!

THIS IS JUST...

This is why I don't play FPS online... I'd lose so much dignity if that happened to me...

OT:
Having never played blops myself I dind't know you could take damage from getting hit with an undetonated grenade... I think there might be time for a patch...

Personally with my little online experience, I hate grenade spamming and people who get lucky from those random grenade kills. (kinda like this one)

I just... ... ... ... ... wow...

Like it or not, CoD multiplayer games have been focused since the beginning in giving power to individuals. That is, it's easy to be killed by someone alone, preferably while being tucked away somewhere throwing grenades at you. Games that don't focus on this are more teamplay-oriented, in which other classes support the troops approach. It's sad to say it, but if you want players to be autonomous, you need to give them a chance to break all ingame balance, and that's where grenade spamming comes in. There is still people in Bad Company 2 that just sit on top of an ammunition box and keep shooting tube grenades until the end of times but it is not, by any means, as severe as the CoD spamming because said person tends to be dead once two or three people decide to blast his position sky high. I'm not saying it's the way to go, or that those games do not suffer from balance issues -I've read terrible, terrible things about the Blackhawk on BC2-, but I can foresee many years of complaining about grenades in the CoD series. In fact, I'd bet a lot of people expect to be able to grenade-spam when they buy a Call of Duty title.

Pfft. Who even pulls the grenade pin anymore anyway?

Try playing COD6 without semtex. I didn't realise how many of my kills were from semtex until I stopped using it for a change.

HankMan:

bwahahahahahahahahaha!

HankMan:

bwahahahahahahahahaha!

ItsAPaul:
No one uses grenades in Call of Duty games... if this was Halo sure, but grenades have sucked since game 1 as I recall.

It also doesn't help that Trey and Infinity Ward both decided that the game needed grenade indicators. There was none of that in the first one. Although in the first it was probably a combination of map size along with the relatively weak power of grenades. Maps in the recent games are ridiculously small.

REPPP TAARRRRR!!

HankMan:

Damn that looked painful.

OT: There's a throwing knife in that picture. -.- There are no throwing knivez in Black Ops. Only balls-istic ones and a tomahawk.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here