Trailers: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Extended Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Extended Trailer

A brand new extended CGI trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Watch Video

HELL YES! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

The only thing going on my birthday list xD The Special Edition of this.

Deus Ex=<3

I have trouble getting into the first game (horri-bad voice acting, stealth that's a bit broken, etc) but this game....oh living shit I want it so much. The universe is just so amazing, and it appears that they're sticking with the cyber-Renaissance style that drew me into it in the first place.

Also, holy shit, are we going into outer-space?!

Cool, but I'd really love to see the gameplay. Only then will I pass judgement on whether or not I'll get it, though I am very much interested.

Meh, not worse than the first extended CGI trailer but still far from being good.

Bloody Eidos need to stop making me want to eat my words about this game...

All I know is, for such an incredible CGI trailer, this better be Game Of The Decade. They said a lot of things I didn't like about the first game and the features of this game in general.

But we'll see.

DSK-:
Cool, but I'd really love to see the gameplay. Only then will I pass judgement on whether or not I'll get it, though I am very much interested.

There's bits and pieces floating around.

Love the bladerunner look to the game, just hope the game itself does not suck.

This looks so amazing! I hope the game will live up to this trailer. Story sounds good, character's got a decent background and a new intuitive way for including the superpowers that doesnt trump the entire universe.

I also hope there's a PC release since I don't have an x-box...

If it's as good as the trailer promises this will be one hell of a game. Never played the original and I don't plan to (for a few reasons), but I want this game. Not going to pre-order or anything but if it gets good reviews I will be all over it.

They have really stepped up the graphics for this game, or at least the cutscenery. I'm impressed. Also sounds like they are trying to give it an interesting plot. The first two were good plots, but just a little too... opaque? Not sure.

I think they are really nailing the ambiance here. The world seems interesting. Heck, if this were a movie trailer, I'd want to watch it. Let us hope the gameplay is given the same care and attention.

I'm sorry, I just cannot take the main character's voice seriously. He sounds like a chronic smoker trying too hard to be gritty. And yes I know he apparently smokes, but I'd assume with all the augmentations his voice-box and various functions would be unharmed from the ill-effects of smoking.

I could watch a full-length movie of this. I really could. I don't really care about the gameplay. And yes I've watched Blade Runner(Blu-ray on the shelf, baby).

But then again, it is a game and therefore gameplay is what we're going to get. And that's why it's so disheartening that gameplay footage has been so scarce, it makes me suspicious.

Oh well, we shall find out soon enough.

ciortas1:
Meh, not worse than the first extended CGI trailer but still far from being good.

I have to disagree with you. If this was a movie, I would definitely see it. How it turns out as a game though, is still left to see.

ChromeAlchemist:
Bloody Eidos need to stop making me want to eat my words about this game...

All I know is, for such an incredible CGI trailer, this better be Game Of The Decade. They said a lot of things I didn't like about the first game and the features of this game in general.

But we'll see.

DSK-:

There's bits and pieces floating around.

It's hard to say how much of that was actual gameplay. Looks like it featured a lot of cinematics. Of course, those all look nice, but what do you expect when Square-Enix is involved? I'd like to see a long extended run, not just snippets of scenes. Only once I can analyze the actual mechanics of the game will I be truly excited about this. However, this game is on my short list of games to watch. It will be exciting to see what they do with it, and I will be genuinely disappointed if it falls flat.

Thanks for the clip, though!

Saltyk:
It's hard to say how much of that was actual gameplay. Looks like it featured a lot of cinematics. Of course, those all look nice, but what do you expect when Square-Enix is involved? I'd like to see a long extended run, not just snippets of scenes.

It's not an extended run, but it's a little more complete than the other video.

Oh, how we will weep, if the actual game turns out to be bland and uninspiring. I mean, it looks so damn good, but looks can be deceiving (hype even more so).
I so want to see this succeed.

*Installs Deus Ex (again)*

Vic the Trader:

Saltyk:
It's hard to say how much of that was actual gameplay. Looks like it featured a lot of cinematics. Of course, those all look nice, but what do you expect when Square-Enix is involved? I'd like to see a long extended run, not just snippets of scenes.

It's not an extended run, but it's a little more complete than the other video.

That video looks great, looks can be deceiving though...Alpha Protocol is a good example of that.

Irridium:
I'm sorry, I just cannot take the main character's voice seriously. He sounds like a chronic smoker trying too hard to be gritty. And yes I know he apparently smokes, but I'd assume with all the augmentations his voice-box and various functions would be unharmed from the ill-effects of smoking.

He kinda sounds like Christian Bale doing his Batman voice

superline51:

Irridium:

He kinda sounds like Christian Bale doing his Batman voice

@Irridium:

Funny, I didn't know advanced mechanical augmentation was a real medical field. Who's to say early prototype Augs don't have some drawbacks beyond looking like a government funded toaster.

@Superline51:

Yeah, he does... not sure if that's a bad thing :/

hmmm i wander what the hydrogen ion formula at the end means...

That was good.

Still on the fence with this one. Why do I get the feeling they'll just be copying the first half of DE1's story?

It looks very pretty. What I'm not so certain about is the seemingly cavalier attitude towards violence, beyond a kind of "ooh, aren't we cool and gritty" vibe. Deus Ex's past games were notable in part in that there was actually some attempt to distinguish between lethal force, non-lethal force, and evasive tactics, and other characters would at least comment on your preferences in same. While violence, especially towards the "mooks", didn't always have serious consequences, there was at least the feeling that your attitude towards taking life didn't occur in a vacuum.

Eidos needs to fucking stop with the trailers. Just give me the game already.

Awesome but why a trailer before the trailer?

well we'll only know if its any good when it comes out

but god by the looks of this it gives me hope for the future of games

At least worth a gamefly rental...maybe they have finally figured out how to make an RPG (or maybe they gave up and copied splinter cell)

looks pretty cool

Looks good... but the trailer always looks good...<.<

Question, what is the giant hole in the ocean at the end? Someone divide by zero?

It looks pretty good so far, but I thought some of the dialogue came off as, well, hackney. Still, it's just a trailer, so I'll receive judgement until the actual release, especially after seeing the gameplay footage.

What's up with the whole "Icarus" reference at the start and end? is this going to end with the main guy turning into an A.I. or something rookie like that?

Looks a bit like the Ghost in the Shell movie, which I loved. There's something about cyborgs struggling with humanity that makes me very happy, especially when their mechanic skulls get crushed in. Poor saps... god, I also love those Hong Kong-esque water and cityscpaes! The setting of this game ticks everything on my "insanely awesome" list, and we don't see cool cyberpunk stuff like this in videogames enough.

But. Is that Keeanu Reeves doing the voice, or am I going insane? Cos it could be the insanity thing.

What I liked is that the music is true to its source. Always loved the Deus Ex music, from that title score to the quiet ambience throughout. And this seems to be more of the same. So awesome! Enjoyed the whole "Icarus/renaissance man" symbolism throughout as well, so if they keep it up at a somewhat cerebral level I think this game might just be better than good. :) Potential, potential!

Really looking forward to this game. been watching it for a while now watching and reading everything i could and i just keep getting more exited about it. plus the Bladerunner atmosphere is going to epic.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here