Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Ridiculous In-Game Vehicles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I enjoy the show for it's quirkyness, I don't actually find Lisa that attractive, so she's not nerdbait for me. You can claim it's about nerdbait til your blue in the face, but as far as I am concerned you're wrong. Note: as far as I am concerned.

Bone wagon. Get it?

Right tried three episodes now not my cup of tea, I guess ZP will remain my sole reason for visiting the Escapist a while longer.

Birthe:

You are not the only one :D

Ok good. Lol, too much gunk on her eyes.

Well this is going to be something new to enjoy each week // Lisa is just the right type of crazy for the Escapist

-M

This is the first episode of this... er series (or whatever it is that i've watched), and it will definitely be the last. To me it's just another boring, stupid, pointless top5/top3/top10/top100/topWhatever and i'm not interested, hot female presenter or not. Also, i'm glad miss Lisa Foiles enjoys video games, but perhaps she could have some sort of show that was more relevant to the subject, or at least not completely pointless. But, that's just my opinion, it seems, some people like it.
It could be just me, i guess, since out of all the material on the escapist i only like about 2, maaaaybe 3 shows, and even that's stretching it. Oh, well. *shrugs*

Alright, I feel mildly less dirty about this one than the first one.
The sexual appeal wasn't as blatant,
And I appreciated that it sortof acknowledged Miss Foiles as a person, having thoughts and opinions, rather than just a pretty chick who looks good in a skirt.

Not to say she looks bad in a skirt, I just feel less bad about appreciating that fact when she comes off as a person.

Dimensional Vortex:
I didn't watch the show she previously starred in, although I'm aware she was in some kind of show. But I highly doubt she has no life, I also highly doubt she plays a lot of video games. I know I'm probably going to get a reply telling me that I'm stating the obvious, but I don't think she has even been with in a 15 meter perimeter of majority of the games she speaks about.

I don't know if this is true or not, it's just what I think, good night everybody.

I would think she would find it quite hard to have her own gaming website and to be a columnist for Kotaku if she very rarely played video games.

proghead:
Bone wagon. Get it?

Thank you for making me laugh. The show didn`t manage but now I`m glad I looked at the comments.

The Schleptiger was number one. Damn right!

llamastorm.games:

Dimensional Vortex:
I didn't watch the show she previously starred in, although I'm aware she was in some kind of show. But I highly doubt she has no life, I also highly doubt she plays a lot of video games. I know I'm probably going to get a reply telling me that I'm stating the obvious, but I don't think she has even been with in a 15 meter perimeter of majority of the games she speaks about.

I don't know if this is true or not, it's just what I think, good night everybody.

I would think she would find it quite hard to have her own gaming website and to be a columnist for Kotaku if she very rarely played video games.

She could very easily have people write her scripts, tell her about the games, tell her what to do and all she has to do is stand there and read it.

Fr]anc[is:
Now it's just a boring top 5 show. I don't care anymore.

Isn't that what it was from the beginning?

I still think the AT-AT from star wars battlefront 2 was the craziest vehicle ever, only George Lucas could come up with something as crazy as a giant robot camel

How did she miss Super Monkey Ball?
It's a MONKEY in a BALL!!!

And what about Banjo Kazooie?! A bird... in a BACKPACK; What's more ridiculous than that?

***BTW***

Lisa's NOT "hot" she's an average looking girl.
Now Aashna Patel from YTV... SHE WAS HOT and still is.

This is the first episode I ever watched, I found the host just a little annoying, and yet I'll be damned if I'm not gonna watch every single episode now. Nicely done.

I enjoy the series i think alot of negative comments are pointless but people should beable to express their opinions but maybe it should be more along the lines of "I diddnt like ***** it would be better if you *****" so the series can improve to your liking.

Lisa is clever, knowledgeable and cute but she really needs to work on her comedy. Not to worry though, Yahtzee and moviebob got better after their first few outings too.

And it's always nice to hear a Saints Row 2. Were Yahtzee and I really the only ones who loved that game?

Before I get modded for this post, when does she take her top off? b/c as far as I can tell, that's all I care about. Man, too much beer...

Killerbunny001:

proghead:
Bone wagon. Get it?

Thank you for making me laugh. The show didn`t manage but now I`m glad I looked at the comments.

You're welcome.

That Aashna Patel is a dude, right?

Wow there seems to be a few asspained white-knights in this thread

"WHAAA, HE SAID SOMETHING BAD ABOUT A WOMEN ON THE INTERNET. I MUST DEFEND HER. BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. WHAAA"

Also, this series is pretty shitty, if you ask me It is just a "Top-5" series with a girl. Oh.My.God

Gxas:
The sad music from Scrubs. Yes!

Yeah, that totally made my day.

OT: I was a bit surprised that the bouncy-castle-mobile from Mass Effect didn't make the list, but then Lisa and I seem to have slightly differing definitions of the word "ridiculous."

Turkey Braveheart:

And it's always nice to hear a Saints Row 2. Were Yahtzee and I really the only ones who loved that game?

I loved it too, in fact i played it so much i got the "Still addicted to tha' Row" achievment, which I think was 50 hours play time or something ridiculous like that :)

)= you didnt mention the deuce from Brutal Legend WHY

Steambroom:
Damn I thought The Deuce from Brütal Legand would be in there.

I mean it cant get any more awesome than that..

it wasent about awsome, it was about rediculous. at the deuce, is awsome, not rediculous XD

Pirate Yoda Online:

Turkey Braveheart:

I loved it too, in fact i played it so much i got the "Still addicted to tha' Row" achievment, which I think was 50 hours play time or something ridiculous like that :)

[Throws up devil horns]
Woooooh!

I still love that game myself, such a nice change from the gloomy, even monotonous GTA 4.

I'd much rather have good voiceover quality than be able to see the commentators, be they male or female. These just don't seem very natural or funny when the narrator looks kind of stilted and desperate in front of the camera. You don't have to be seen to be funny! Just focus on the content more.

Are we still not allowed to say anything critical about this show or we get banned? Ermm, yeah, loved this one. And why wasn't Brutal Legends car on there?!

What's up with these new guidelines? 50% of the comments already seem to be breaking the rules so what's the point?

Gary Numan playing in the backround is a WIN

The car from spy hunter. When it takes to much damage, it turns into a motorcycle, and besides that, its probably packing more heat than 3 North Koreas

I've seen 2 of these so far, and I'm still holding back any definitive judgement.

To be honest my gut feeling is that this is pandering, hot girl, talking about video games, will drag in the babe-craving nerds.

I'll be honest, I don't know who Lisa is. For something like this to work she'd have to be an established geek celebrity, known to write her own material. Right now I'm not sure if this is something she's writing and performing, or if she's just a hostess delivering a script for The Escapist. Are these clips hers, or something she was hired to do? If she was just hired to do this, with the whole thing being created and written by The Escapist, then yeah... it's pandering.

The idea of the lists, is that they are supposed to be *her* lists, so the comments about "this should have been on the list" normally wouldn't make sense. However I myself also get the impression/vibe that this is not from Lisa's personal experiences for some reason, but compiled by someone else and she's trying to pretend/act it's her's.

Just my thoughts so far, maybe it will grow on me. I guess my problem is that even if genuine, it just doesn't seem that way.

zelda2fanboy:
Why is it that the second nerds see a pretty girl talking about video games, they freak out and do everything they can to discredit her based off of her words or appearance? I know I have lady issues myself, but what's all of your guy's (or gal's) problem? See for example, Jessica Chobot, Morgan Webb, Olivia Munn, Rinry Game Game, or that chick from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

Don't be afraid. Those women are just in your computer. They can't really hurt you.

Some people are just sexist, welcome to reality.

OT: She should probably tone down the makeup a bit, she kept giving me the Uncanny Valley effect by looking like she was made from porcelain.

All together, pretty good, she knows her stuff.

It's funny, I kinda like this. It's not much more than a conversation starter, but where Bob (which I used to watch) has frankly become the Simpsons Comic Book Guy but without the charm, wit, grace or dress sense this doesn't pretend to be anything more than what it is and it's a nice counter point to the (excellent!) Extra Credits.

Dear Nerds,

This girl will never sleep with you. Even when you actually buy that bike to please her.

Love,

Nerdfury.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook