Review: Tron: Evolution

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Review: Tron: Evolution

The movie tie-in game goes through an evolution of its own into something pretty damn good.

Read Full Article

:) This is a game I was hoping would be good.

I was so worried. Even with its faults (it IS a movie tie in after all) it's considerably better than one might expect.

Far better than that other Tron game from a ways back.

WanderFreak:
I was so worried. Even with its faults (it IS a movie tie in after all) it's considerably better than one might expect.

Ah good ole 2.0...
well at least the plot was decent.
I am soooo buying this one. I'm glad it's good, the online looked like insane fun.
-tabs<3-

I completely agree with the reviewer. However, I found the PC version of the game a little harder in the controls department if you're without a joypad. Mouse and keyboard in this case made it more challenging then it should've been. Still, I found it to be short. Maybe 5 hours of storyline game play.

But, there is multiplayer. That will keep you playing a bit longer.

A movie tie-in game that's good? If I were a robot, my head would explode right about now. Here's to hoping other developers are taking notes and that the games does well financially.

Loved this review, and the video supplement brought back many, many memories of the original film. END OF LINE. Sweet!

Well, Rock me Amadeus...a decent movie based game.

Let me see if I get it straight. This is a game based on a movie, which is sequel to a movie based on a game.

I am still waiting to this to show up. I had ordered the Collector's Edition since it came with the mini light-cycle, and being the Tron fan that I am I just had to have it.

I am really happy to hear that the game doesn't suck. I really liked Tron 2.0 back in the day, so I have high hopes for this one as well.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
Well, Rock me Amadeus...a decent movie based game.

Let me see if I get it straight. This is a game based on a movie, which is sequel to a movie based on a game.

Not quite. It is a game based on a movie which is a sequel to a movie that had an iconic arcade game made after it.

That was meta...

the camera controls on the PC made me so angry I returned the game after 15 min of gameplay

I'm gunna trust in Russ on this one, and pick up this game.

Tho I did find it odd he used the movie clips for a large portion of his video game review. What's up with that?

...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

Light-cycles FTW

not sure...but maybe I'll give this game a spin early next year when I might have time to game again =.=

You've left out one of the most important details...

Is there an appearance of a Bit?

Well, I'm going to have to rent this now.

DragonWright:

Yes.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

I only saw tron this year and have to say don't see what all the fuss is about :/

Chrono212:
...is there a demo anywhere? It looks kinda good (especially for a movie tie-in) but I have yet to be convinced.

Light-cycles FTW

Your local Best Buy has a demo station for it. I played it there and thought it was wonderful, too.

Honestly, I wasn't all that interested in this game when I first heard about it.
But I am rather glad that it turned out to be more (or at least, better) then the average movie tie-in game.

KEM10:

Chrono212:

Light-cycles FTW

Your local Best Buy has a demo station for it. I played it there and thought it was wonderful, too.

...what's a Best Buy? :P
Naw, I kid, but you should know that there are very few here in the UK and most other stores don't really do demo things like that unless they are bigger title's like...Harry Potter...

A movie tie-in...

Well blew my own argument up X3 Still, not any games stores near me :'(
Isn't there one on XBL?

Chrono212:

KEM10:

Chrono212:

Light-cycles FTW

Naw, I kid, but you should know that there are very few here in the UK and most other stores don't really do demo things like that unless they are bigger title's like...Harry Potter...

A movie tie-in...

Isn't there one on XBL?

Well, you could fly across the pond and then come to one of our Best Buys if you are that worried about trying it before you buy it. However, I think that will defeat the purpose.

And I have no idea if there are demos on XBL or PSN. I haven't been on either in a while.

KEM10:

Chrono212:

KEM10:

A movie tie-in...

Isn't there one on XBL?

Well, you could fly across the pond and then come to one of our Best Buys if you are that worried about trying it before you buy it. However, I think that will defeat the purpose.

And I have no idea if there are demos on XBL or PSN. I haven't been on either in a while.

I don't know...could be a fun trip X3
Any particular Best Buy's I should go visit? :P

I'll wait for Yathzee to admit it sucks XD

How can you do a review of this game and say you broke that camera! Your not Warren Specter Pitts! That camera was broken to begin with. Those light cycle sequences are fun if you like a lot of busy things happening at once and then just falling off the edge. This game easily has the same busy level design that Transformers: WfC had. Finally those controls are intuitive...if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts. I can fix my grammar, but you can't give a decent review?

wont it be horrible when the movie is released to panning by critics though?

just speculating

Johnny Noon:
idk how you can do a review of this game and say you broke that camera your not warren specter Pitts that camera was broken to begin with and those light cycle sequences are not fun also it easily has the too busy level design that Transformers: WfC had finally those controls are intuitive if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts

what did you just say? your syntax makes no sense at all

lol Loved the dig at Spector in the video supplement.

Though I must say I'm a tad confused by the actual review as it diverges noticeable from other reviews I've read of the game in everything but the at times punishing difficulty. All of the other reviews I've seen take major issue with the boring one note combat, the sticky controls, the decent environments but terrible character graphics (which you can clearly see in the vid supplement) and the vehicle segments seeming almost tacked on just because they kind of "had to be there."

Johnny Noon:
idk how you can do a review of this game and say you broke that camera your not warren specter Pitts that camera was broken to begin with and those light cycle sequences are not fun also it easily has the too busy level design that Transformers: WfC had finally those controls are intuitive if you've never played a game in your life. Shame on you Pitts

Shame on me? That's the worst run-on sentence I've seen in ages. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now, reading that.

Russ Pitts:

DragonWright:

Yes.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

Yes, Yes there is. In fact one of the multiplayer modes is based entirely on the Bit. If the game doesn't interest you guys now, I suggest you check out the upcoming DLC, I can't say more but I think we nailed the real strengths of multi with this one ;)

I'll give this a pass. Over all most reviews seem to point to this being fairly mediocre or just barely average.

Interesting. If the general consensus comes off as positive overall, I'll definitely buy it (if I can find a store that sells the PC version).

Oh god I want this now... I was hoping it would be good.

But I would be getting the PC version. I wonder what that one's like, and if it will ever come to Steam...

classic ending.
end of line.

WanderFreak:

I dont know what your talking about I liked Tron 2.0. I had it for xbox and didnt think it was good but then I got if for computer for christmas one year. Its much better on the computer.

OT: I figured if any movie could make a good game this movie could.

Anything made by disney is a no no for me.

Been there, done that. (PURE was Pure shit)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here