Name Game: The Wait is Over

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Wait is Over

It's like Santa's come on a light cycle.

Read Full Article

*cries*

Ah...

'Geekism' should be a religion.

anyone else thinks its funny that the movie is named after a minor secondary character? (granted he has one critical roll)

Like Tron was in about 20% of the original movie. XD

but man i so want to see this movie tomorrow. Apox on that company christmas party! >.<

Can't get here fast enough!

I didn't realize that people actually cared about Tron.

This is the sort of thing that makes me feel left out for not having ever seen the original Tron.

DTWolfwood:
anyone else thinks its funny that the movie is named after a minor secondary character? (granted he has one critical roll)

Like Tron was in about 20% of the original movie. XD

but man i so want to see this movie tomorrow. Apox on that company christmas party! >.<

Shhhh don't point out that fact!! Otherwise Sark might come back....*looks around* Forget I said too much

END OF LINE.

megs1120:
I didn't realize that people actually cared about Tron.

Alot do. I don't really know why but alot do.

What is it with people over a certain age and thinking the original TRON was a good movie?
I've watched it nostalgia free, and confirmed with other people who have watched it nostalgia free:
It is not.

I'm going to see this movie next Monday, paid by our company, followed by poool and beers.

It's gonna be nice, even if the movie isn't that good in the end.

It's not that good. More of a tech demo than an actual movie.

Zhukov:
This is the sort of thing that makes me feel left out for not having ever seen the original Tron.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I HAVE seen the original and still don't get why everyone seems to be obsessing about this movie. Olivia Wilde I guess?

I don't like the poster, it's a mockery of the original!
BURN THE IMPOSER!!!!

___
|...........|\....|....|..\.....|----|.....+----.....|...........--|--......|\....|....+----
+ -- .....|.\ .|.....|..|.....|.....|.....+-----....|..............|........|.\ ..|....+--
|__......|..\.|.....|_/.....|__|.....|............|___...__|__...|..\..|.....|___

-edit-
Fixed the "N"

Proverbial Jon:

Zhukov:

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I HAVE seen the original and still don't get why everyone seems to be obsessing about this movie. Olivia Wilde I guess?

More like Daft Punk.

Souplex:
What is it with people over a certain age and thinking the original TRON was a good movie?
I've watched it nostalgia free, and confirmed with other people who have watched it nostalgia free:
It is not.

I'm fairly young and have seen [most of] the original Tron nostalgia-free, and I enjoyed it. It wasn't the deepest movie, but the characters were enjoyable enough and the aesthetic was novel. And that's probably the best word to describe why people like it; novel. It's just a fun, clever little movie that's enjoyable and interesting to watch, albeit in a somewhat shallow way.

And it's not like Legacy will be bad because of the quality of Tron.

Uh. . . is that supposed to be funny or something?

It's overhyped. Here's my review of the movie in one word: meh.

Eh, watch it be shit.

I can't wait. Ever since I saw the first trailer. This looks like a movie made exactly for me.

And I just watched the original Tron a week ago. It was pretty good, as long as you get past the now dated CGI.

Too bad I won't be seeing it till Wednesday. But 3D Imax... It's going to be legen - wait for it -

Edit: Check this out:

Going to see it with a friend. I just hope it is good.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I am the only person I know that wants to see this! First time I saw the trailer all I thought was AWESOME!!!

z3rostr1fe:
*cries*

I'd never thought I'd see this day...

*Hugs and cries in joy as well*

*through tear-drenched eyes* Now we just need a Black Hole remake and I can die in peace...

Haven't seen the original, but I might check it out.

Also, I'm guessing MovieBob is going to use the word "Nerdgasm" in his review of it.

Is it just me or is the Name Game just not funny, I mean it seems like there's never any sort of punchline or hook or anything to any of these comics. It seems like I always just read it and think "well... ok." This one for instance, sure these people want to see this movie (so do I actually), but just sharing the desire to see a movie with some fictional characters is not entertaining or funny, there has to be something more to it.

Also I think this one was probably the weakest of all the sunday funnies. I keep trying to give it a chance, but it just keeps showing me nothing...

tselski:
Is it just me or is the Name Game just not funny, I mean it seems like there's never any sort of punchline or hook or anything to any of these comics. It seems like I always just read it and think "well... ok." This one for instance, sure these people want to see this movie (so do I actually), but just sharing the desire to see a movie with some fictional characters is not entertaining or funny, there has to be something more to it.

Also I think this one was probably the weakest of all the sunday funnies. I keep trying to give it a chance, but it just keeps showing me nothing...

I kinda have to concur, I agree with the viewpoint of the characters in the comic but a good comic that does not make.

I mean the punchline of this comic is basically 'Geeks love Tron' which is no more insightful/funny than 'COD sells lots of copies' or 'WoW can be addictive'

meh

I don't understand.

Tron was before my time.

For my generation, an eqiualvent would if Hollywood remade Dragon Ball...

*cries, but not tears of joy*

That wasn't really funny. What was the joke?

Calling all geeks n' nerds in a 1000 mile radius.

I don't know what to think of the movie yet, as I haven't seen it. I must admit to finding the origional interesting, if a bit cheesy.

I have to ask what's with the symbol on her hood?

Man, I really like this comic, so I get disappointed when it references something I'm not super familiar with. I can see this working out differently for 2 groups..

People who are super pumped about the new Tron: "WOOOOOOOO! I'M SO EXCITED!"

People who aren't (for whatever reason): "Meh, is there a joke?"

Me: "Man, being in the first group must be nice"

Movie does look pretty cool though.

I think I just had a nerdgasm.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: