Shamus Plays WoW #8: Lazy, Star-Crossed Lovers

Shamus Plays WoW #8: Lazy, Star-Crossed Lovers

Demons are surprising fans of Romeo and Juliet.

Read Full Article

Why do I think Norman's mother constantly asked him to 'cut him a beating switch'?

Is there one missing. I know Gobstab was banished in Overwhelmed by Kobolds, but it seems like there was a jump.

I thought so too for a second, then I found this one

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/shamusplays/8410-The-Cataclysm-Begins

would've been easy to miss, as it doesn't start with Shamus Plays.

enjoying this series a lot, even without having played the game. Keep up the good work!

bbch:
I thought so too for a second, then I found this one

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/shamusplays/8410-The-Cataclysm-Begins

would've been easy to miss, as it doesn't start with Shamus Plays.

Thank you. I clicked his name under the title on the full article but this wasn't there.

Don't mention it :D

When you have a comic open, you can click on "Shamus Plays", right above his username, and then you get the full list.

I loved the "farting Holy Light" line. That made me laugh.

I'm really loving this. It hits the same spot DM of the Ring and Chainmail Bikini did, somehow. Only sad part is that judging by the length of the LotRO thingamabob we're probably not going to get to follow Norman all the way to 85. :)

Veterinari:
I'm really loving this. It hits the same spot DM of the Ring and Chainmail Bikini did, somehow. Only sad part is that judging by the length of the LotRO thingamabob we're probably not going to get to follow Norman all the way to 85. :)

I think it's cool and all, but nothing will beat the adventures of lulzy.

"You no take candle!" Ah Kobolds, those guys are such weird little whiskered dudes.

Nice week in making it interesting. That's one of the oddest questlines that I can remember. There are wolves, spiders, kobolds, gnolls, and bears all over the place and Defias dudes hiding out in ransacked homes; and you're helping out two little farming families in the middle of a feud. So out of place.

"This is a rare and beautiful hate."
Oh Gobstab, you ARE a romantic.

I was thrilled to get these quests, just because they did not involve me killing ten kobolds. At that point, I was ready to pay to repatriate the entire Kobold nation back to Koboldonia.

I love these. It's fun to see the commentary behind the inanity of all the quests in World of Warcraft. I must have leveled in that human starting area upwards of 10 times. Keep it up! This is hilarious.

The corruption is working, Norman just lied.

He said he would explain about his mum but he didn't.

The path to evil is slippery when wet!!

wulfy42:
The corruption is working, Norman just lied.

He said he would explain about his mum but he didn't.

The path to evil is slippery when wet!!

It does say you'll find out about his mother next week.

I love this series so, so much.

"Any idiot can burn down a man's house, but a true demon can sell him the torch, get him to light the fire himself, and then jump in afterwards."

^ Gold.

aha the corruption begins ^^
if the relentless stupidity keeps up (and it will) god help westfall

Loved this one, though I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it was the bonus backstory. The more narrative I can get in each episode, the better. :) Still waiting for that special something to push Norman over the edge to the dark side.

We'd get hit with so many smite spells we'd be farting holy light.

I couldn't stop laughing over this line.

Highlights:

"They never really mention the kobold city between the farms, huh"

"We'd be farting Holy Light"

"Any idiot can burn a man's house down, a real demon sells a man the torch, makes him burn down the place and jump in afterwards"

"Up to our armpits in Paladins"

"Cast a fireball larger than their actual planet"

Shamus is nothing short of a genius.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook