Everyday Cosplay

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Everyday Cosplay

I specialize in sneaky cosplay. Want to join me?

Read Full Article

I bought a Parka cause it made me look like Scott Pilgrim.

A few people have commented on this actually.

Sadly it isn't blue :(

Guys, LISTEN TO THIS GIRL, wear suits more often :)

I have this Iron Man t-shirt a friend got me, it has all the different iron man armours running down it, which totals about about 75 different ones, I love wearing it under a zip up jacket and when people see like the top few and go ''Nice Iron Man shirt'' I slowly unzip the jacket and see their jaws drop, it's highly satisfying :D

I have one request for the gentlemen readers. If you're thinking of utilizing this approach, and consider channeling Bruce Wayne, do not use Batman: The Animated Series as your guide. I'm all for guys in suits, but brown double-breasted suits with yellow shirts are never advisable.

HAHAHA! Being that is my favorite Batman series on TV, that is a good point which I haven't noticed to think about till you pointed that out.

Ihave this shirt, which always tells me who's played Persona. Its kinda nice for a role call kinda feel

Elizabeth Grunewald:
<

I suspect we have a closet LARPer. Join us...

I have a striped scarf that makes me feel a little more magical every time I wear it. Especially since it's in my school's colors.

I have:

A full Max Payne outfit, which to most people just looks like a leather jacket over a white T and Haiwain(I can't spell it) shirt. Which is what it was when I bought it but hey.

Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood fame. Including the most awesome blue military great coat

Tenth Doctor brown jacket and variety of suits (I wore this look twice a week for a whole term of high school and no one noticed)

Plus others, including Indiana Jones (complete with hat) and a suit/hat combo much like the descriptions of Skulduggery Pleasant.

I buy clothes mostly at random, but every so often I'll see soemthing and think 'If I wore that with this jacket I already have, I'd look like...' and buy it.

And I Everyday Cosplay as often as I can, mainly because a lot of fictional characters dress really nicely, so you have two positives:

1. People think you dress very well
2. You can identify a nerd immediatly because they recognise that you're dressed like an obscure videogame character.

I think I have an Orginization XIII cloak somewhere...
Somewhere...
Not very pratical though.

You know i've never thought of the casual cosplay 'till now, but i'm more into JRPGs ...although I am a hairdresser.

I think i'm going to have fun at work tomorrow.

Update: It was Awesome

I've got a replica of the tenth Doctor's overcoat and I love wearing that thing, even though no one recognizes it.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Elizabeth Grunewald:
<

I suspect we have a closet LARPer. Join us...

LARPing is right what my mind jumped to also. I dated a girl who was a LARPer some years ago and I remember the incredible levels of detail she would go to in order to add subtle layers to whatever she was wearing to one of the games.

I always was pretty amused by it, for a while she was playing as a Nosferatu(sneaky vampire but really unskilled socially) who was disguised as a Ventrue(high society vampire) so she could infiltrate the local leaders. She'd get ready as if she were going somewhere formal, evening dress, hair and makeup done, all that, but then she'd put on something like tennis shoes with oddly colored miss-matched socks to give that small undercurrent that she didn't know what she was doing.

Small touches that I'm sure most people didn't notice but added a lot to the character.

Who is this "everyone's favorite former psychiatrist?" Only psychiatrist know to the great public I recall would be Dr. Phill (though I don't know wether he really has diploma, too lazy to google).

But on the topic I wear hats that I see in ganster movies.

Tarlane:

I always was pretty amused by it, for a while she was playing as a Nosferatu(sneaky vampire but really unskilled socially) who was disguised as a Ventrue(high society vampire) so she could infiltrate the local leaders. She'd get ready as if she were going somewhere formal, evening dress, hair and makeup done, all that, but then she'd put on something like tennis shoes with oddly colored miss-matched socks to give that small undercurrent that she didn't know what she was doing.

Small touches that I'm sure most people didn't notice but added a lot to the character.

Oh, I could tell you exactly what shirts most of my Vampires would wear. And why Norman(Nosferatu) always wore that hideous 70s shirt.

Jason(Malkavian) was pretty normal, apart from that T-shirt that read "So many trees, so little napalm", and the fact he'd never look you in the eyes.

Or Rolento's(Giovanni) neatly pressed jeans. And his blood stained handkerchief (That wasn't real blood, I promise)

I have one request for the gentlemen readers. If you're thinking of utilizing this approach, and consider channeling Bruce Wayne, do not use Batman: The Animated Series as your guide. I'm all for guys in suits, but brown double-breasted suits with yellow shirts are never advisable.

You can't even get the double breasted suits these days. Hell, I have enough trouble rocking

Why the hell are polos out of fashion for men?.

A great one is Captain Hammer from Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog. I already wear boots and combat trousers so just add a Hammer T-Shirt, and BAM! I'm not as good looking as Nathan Fillion, but it's close enough that the ladies just can't help but swoon. And if they lucky they get to see my hammer[1].

[1] The Hammer is my penis

I occasionally dress a bit like this minus shotgun and blood obviously

Ah, makes me think of my "Vandelay Industries" T-shirt :)

I am at work.

I am wearing a Core Drill around my neck right now.

cabalistics:

What's that image from any-way?

I sometimes grow out my beard and braid it. Then unearth my battle axe from under the open plan wardrobe that is my room and walk around town in full Nordic armour.

I have yet to be questioned on this practice.

Orange Monkey:

Don't worry, we do. I love wearing a waistcoat at least.

I still have my 4th Doctor Scarf and I own an honest to god Blue Velvet Cape. They aren't from any characters in particular, but I feel awfully spiffy when I wear them. My favorite shirt? "Legolas is my House Elf".

I beg to differ about the Bruce Wayne look.

Playing Psychonauts has given me a weird fascination with my beige trenchcoat and fedora, usually with a sizable turquoise neck warmer now that the weather's picked up. I'm just waiting for the day I'll see an abandoned road sign and finally go all the way.

dathwampeer:

cabalistics:

I sometimes grow out my beard and braid it. Then unearth my battle axe from under the open plan wardrobe that is my room and walk around town in full Nordic armour.

It's from Near Dark the best vampire movie of the 80's which they're now trying to market to the Twilight crowd with a similar cover.

Which will be hilaraious when someone picks it up expecting something similar and ends up seeing this

I'm still trying to find (or make) a college style sweater for Miskatonic University. I think of it as cosplaying as a bit character in a fantasy world.

Orange Monkey:

I'd wear suits more often if I could find one with a knockoff fictitious character on the breast pocket.

cabalistics:

dathwampeer:

cabalistics:

It's from Near Dark the best vampire movie of the 80's which they're now trying to market to the Twilight crowd with a similar cover.

Which will be hilaraious when someone picks it up expecting something similar and ends up seeing this

Haha.. Most excellent. I may have to find that.

I have long hair which i usually keep in a ponytail when i go out in public, i also sport long trenchcoats most of the time...i had a neighbor once start callin' me "Macloud", sayin' i look like Adrian Paul's character from the Highlander series...o'course he also started this while i was movin' in and was sportin' my Katana, so there y'go...

Also; whenever i'm wearing any one of my batman shirts that are just the bat-logo across my chest, i always wear solid black...and usually the thinner trenchcoat (the one that flows behind me cape-like when i walk)...

*Edit* my girlfriend remembered somethin' i'd forgotten...i am a huge power ranger nut, (i have a replica communicator from the original series i wear all the time) and whenever i carry one of my morphers on me (good luck charm), i always color-code my shirt with whatever color the morpher corresponds to...

I've walked around wearing Jayne from Firefly's "Blue Sun" t-shirt; thankfully no crazy little psychic girls have attacked me with knives yet.

I have a replica of Travis Touchdown's (No More Heroes) Jacket and one of his T-shirts. I also wear my Organization XIII (Kingdom Hearts) coat as a trenchcoat if it's cold out. I used my Spirit (Soul Eater) cosplay as a suit for a wedding

and I have a hoodie that when zipped up all the way is the Shinigami's (Soul Eater again) face.

Whenever I have to wear a tux I spend a good portion of the time pretending to be James Bond

emeraldrafael:
Ihave this shirt, which always tells me who's played Persona. Its kinda nice for a role call kinda feel

Woah, cool, I have Chie's jacket. :)

You're talking to a guy who wears a leather vest, pocket watch, fedora, bracer, and tea shades in his daily life.

The only thing missing from my full blown convention gunslinger outfit is a leather trench coat and... you know, guns.

yanipheonu:
I am at work.

I am wearing a Core Drill around my neck right now.

I could never do that. I would be screaming "MY DRILL WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!" and "ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWAH!" every chance I got.
I found one online foe around seven bucks I should get it.
I already wear father Anderson's necklace all the time.

Well, let's go through it, game by game:

No More Heroes: I have a pair of yellow aviators, white tennis shoes, various wristbands, a bunch of wise-ass or nerdy t-shirts, and a lightweight leather jacket, but black instead of red.

King of Fighters: I have K's sunglasses, in orange and black.

Persona: I have a small, round MP3 player, a pair of clip on headphones, a gray beanie, a black jacket I never put my arms through, a folding chair, and a peacoat with the folded collar.

So many things to choose from, for me.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or