Are you going to buy the Humble Indie Bundle 2?
Yes, I've already bought it!
22% (143)
22% (143)
Yes, I plan on buying it soon.
15.5% (101)
15.5% (101)
Yes, but I won't pay more than a few cents.
2.5% (16)
2.5% (16)
I might if the games get good reviews.
10.8% (70)
10.8% (70)
I don't plan on it.
38.1% (248)
38.1% (248)
No way!
5.4% (35)
5.4% (35)
Other (please specify)
5.1% (33)
5.1% (33)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Question of the Day, December 16, 2010

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Question of the Day, December 16, 2010

Yesterday we learned that the second pay-what-you-want Humble Indie Bundle had earned hundreds of thousands of dollars in one day. Will you buy it, too?

Just bought it. The only game that interested me was Revenge of the Titans though...

I'm not much of an indie gamer, also I'm skint.

I'm not really interested for it at all.
Plus i'm saving up for some future purchases...

Even though it's for a good cause, I'm not interested in the games.

Never cared much for indie games.
Won't buy it, didn't know what it was before this thread.

I'll buy it as soon as I can put down WoW for 10 seconds.

Not this time. Last time, Aquaria really interested me.

This time, nothing I want, really.

I'm getting it. I really do want to support the indie developers, as I feel that there is a lot of good talent that is going to waste. I'm not saying that indie stuff is better by default, but that many people with good ideas are left out in the cold because they don't have the right connections. They're certainly getting a good amount of money from me.

Patton662:

You don't even have one dollar? O_O

i've tried a bunch of indie games from friends who've bought them...the problem is none of them made me want to replay them. Its fun while playing, but afterward you just forget about them. So can't say i plan on buy any indie game bundles :(

What fucking tears me up is that ALL you hear from ignorant non-gamers nowadays is how morally bankrupt, deviant and harmful gaming culture is.

Yet, it's pretty clear how charitable gamers can be.

DTWolfwood:
i've tried a bunch of indie games from friends who've bought them...the problem is none of them made me want to replay them. Its fun while playing, but afterward you just forget about them. So can't say i plan on buy any indie game bundles :(

Try Super Meat Boy.

As for HIB2 - there's at least one worthy game.

Jaranja:

Patton662:

I'm a student and am currently 320 into my overdraft so no I don't even have one pound.

It intrigues me, but I haven't the means for buying it.

DP155ToneZone:
What fucking tears me up is that ALL you hear from ignorant non-gamers nowadays is how morally bankrupt, deviant and harmful gaming culture is.

By the end of next year, The Child's Play Charity will have earned in excess of $10,000,000. Those sorts of figures should shut almost any naysayer up.

Zeeky_Santos:

DP155ToneZone:

By the end of next year, The Child's Play Charity will have earned in excess of $10,000,000. Those sorts of figures should shut almost any naysayer up.

It won't, though.

Ignorant morons are hate mongering. They always will be.

I already have Braid and Machinarium and the other games don't interest me; I still have too much to play through from previous sales. I haven't even touched Gish from the first bundle, for example.

ZeppMan217:

DTWolfwood:

Try Super Meat Boy.

As for HIB2 - there's at least one worthy game.

yeh games with punishing difficulty are even farther from my list than just mindless fun indie games. Don't have the time or patience anymore to be frustrated at every turn. <.<

Probably not. None of the games really interest me, and I have enough games in the "list of stuff I haven't touched yet" to still get to... Need to try and knock a few out before Steam's Christmas Sale again...

As sad as this is, I can't afford it =(

I have bought it. When I will get to play the games in it I don't know...

The census is currently "I don't plan on it"?!?!?!?!?!?!
5 games, pay what you want, for charity! How could that be any more awesome? Apart from if you replaced 5 with any other number over 5, and games with cars or special lady friends or Iron man suits or Zebras or cakes or robot underlings or Bahama mamas or super powers or games consoles or anything else awesome.

Patton662:

Jaranja:

Patton662:

I'm a student and am currently 320 into my overdraft so no I don't even have one pound.

Why so overdrawn?

Bought it yesterday and I've fell in love with Revenge of The titans and Osmos. The only game that doesn't intrest me is Cortex Command but all in all, I'm really enjoying the bundle.

I would, but the festering shitpile that is the Vanilla Mastercard system won't let me use it on the HIB.

Where is the option for Donating but not Buying?

There are some good titles here, but unfortunately I already own most of them, and don't particularly feel like shelling out 85$ for one title. I can't really bring myself to pay much less since it's going to charity. I do wish, though, that there were more charities as options; digital freedom is important, and Child's Play has done wonderful things, but neither of them is particularly... practical to me. After a certain point, I'm less interested in giving kids an XBox and more interested in making sure they're fed and warm, or that research towards what ails them is being funded. I'm not coming down on the Bundle, which is doing a wonderful thing, and is doubtless going to make some kids very happy, but I'll personally be donating to Heifer International or charity : water this year.

Nikolaz72:
Where is the option for Donating but not Buying?

You can choose how your money is spent, you can give it all to the devs or all to charity or split it.

I'm on the fence right now because the 2 games I would want, Braid and Machinarium, I already own. Then again, I might get the others since its for charity.

I already got it.

To be honest, most of the games were a bit disappointing. Osmos and Titans are both rather dull. Cortex Command is unfinished. Braid and Machinarium are both good though.

I might get it. Or I might just skip the process and donate the money I would've spent on it by buying something for a Childs Play wishlist.

Ha ha ha! Beat you to it!
I got it yesterday.
And i payed a decent sum for it! ((if i hit the lottery, i might try to pass Notch up!))

I bought it yesterday, and I payed more than 1 dollar! :O

Jaranja:

Patton662:

Jaranja:

Why so overdrawn?

Didn't you read he's a student. I'm currently overdrawn to twice that amount. And I finished university in April!

Also it can cost as little as a penny. Look down the back of the Sofa.

It also makes a perfect, and cheap, gift.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here