Trailers: Dragon Age II Making Of Part 1

Dragon Age II Making Of Part 1

Some of the thoughts behind the changes coming in the sequel to the widely popular Dragon Age: Origins.

Watch Video

So many missed lunches next year...

This better be worth it!

bucking awesome

Well this does allay some fears that DA 2 was rushed. I really wasn't expecting a substantial sequel so soon after DA:O, and I think that caused a lot of apprehension. But to see them already playing with the story and progression before DA:0 was even released... well all the more praise for their foresight.

*sigh* I'm rather committed to this thing now, what with two Bioware games already pre-ordered, you have my money, oh blessed gods of Canada, use it wisely.

Sounds amazing. I'm particularly glad that they have chosen to give the gameplay a large overhaul, because the gameplay was the worst part about the original. It became old really quickly and... Well, the game is fifty hours long give or take. In the end it felt like I had to pain myself through the gameplay to get to the next dialogue or cut-scene.

WaderiAAA:
Sounds amazing. I'm particularly glad that they have chosen to give the gameplay a large overhaul, because the gameplay was the worst part about the original. It became old really quickly and... Well, the game is fifty hours long give or take. In the end it felt like I had to pain myself through the gameplay to get to the next dialogue or cut-scene.

I totally agree with you, as soon as I let Leliana pick up the abbility to summon pets the only thing I did was controlling the pet and looting bodies, because in my opinion that's a pretty quick way to get through the fighting because it saves a lot of time you would have spent looting

No morality system = win.

A conversation wheel = meh.

Hawke's accent = KILL IT WITH FIRE.

I really don't know what to make of this. Without making a lengthy contemplation of all the things running in my mind about this matter I'll just state that I can only hope I'm seeing the things I liked in DA:O, in DA2 as well.

I hope that Hawke only stays in this game. If Dragon Age becomes a franchise, I want it to remain diverse.

Origins gives the epic world spanning adventure.

2 gives the personal story of Hawke.

3 if it comes should try to do something different than both.

If that elf chick from the animatics isn't in the game I'm gonna be pissed. Anyways, I'm glad that they had decided to make DA2 a more character-driven story before DA:O was released, because when they had originally announced that we'd basically be playing a medieval Shepard I'd thought they were cashing in on DA:O's and ME's success.

Is this being designed with the consoles in mind, because the first one was a horrible port.

strangeotron:
Is this being designed with the consoles in mind, because the first one was a horrible port.

In the video, they said that they were concerned with making the console versions work just as well as the PC version.

Do want!

Looks great. This has put a lot of my worrys to rest.

Properly excited now! Love the responsiveness of the combat!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here