Steve Butts' Five Favorites of 2010

Pages PREV 1 2

Steve is apparently the only editor at the Escapist with a good taste in games :P

There was an error in the review of Napoleon Total War*----You will NOT get the chance to play the Little Corporal himself unless they come out with WWII Total War.Napoleon's lowest rank was Lieutenant,just after being the first Corsican to graduate from the Academy.---Adolf Hitler however, was a corporal in WWI and was the one referred to as the Little Corporal,by Hindenburg....It was a diss.

*I suppose that you could say that "The Little Corporal" is your own nickname for Napoleon and you would be correct.

Darth Trethon:
Wait so of all the good things that came out this year he only picked Mass Effect 2 and DAA? This is very troubling especially since John picked nothing good(pokemom? Mario best of the decade? You've GOT to be joking).....then Russ before him only picked Fallout New Vegas correctly with a whole lot of bad, horrible and ugly......Red Dead Redemption is OK but its silly zombie DLC. And don't you think it's time to stop worshiping shooter clones? Black Ops, Halo whatever and so on.....short campaigns with poor stories and repetitive multiplayer. If you play one of these you've played them all and none are worth $60 by a long shot.

Three more editors to go and so far I am amazed at the stunning amount of bad taste.

since when do popular and innovative have anything to do with someone's favorite games. These arent video game awards, where the winner of best sound track goes to a game with nothing more than a "Compilation Album" collection. This is purely opinion.

Smitty of the Tolchocks:
There was an error in the review of Napoleon Total War*----You will NOT get the chance to play the Little Corporal himself unless they come out with WWII Total War.Napoleon's lowest rank was Lieutenant,just after being the first Corsican to graduate from the Academy.---Adolf Hitler however, was a corporal in WWI and was the one referred to as the Little Corporal,by Hindenburg....It was a diss.

*I suppose that you could say that "The Little Corporal" is your own nickname for Napoleon and you would be correct.

Nope. I called him that because that was the name his troops gave him after his campaign against Austria. Well, technically, they called him La Petit Caporal, but let's not confuse the issue.

You're right to say he never held that rank officially. Some historians speculate that he was given the name because he personally sighted his artillery. Since this was a job normally done by a corporal, his men started calling him The Little Corporal. Napoleon, anxious to promote at the least the appearance of egalitarianism, probably didn't do much to discourage them.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here