The Escapist Presents: Top 5 Favorites of 2010: Susan

Top 5 Favorites of 2010: Susan

Susan Arendt shares her Top 5 Favorite Games of 2010.

Watch Video

"Even if there not as cool as mine."

Haha! Interesting list Susan! I totally agree with your placing of Mass Effect 2, it's my favourite game of all year. I'm getting Enslaved for Christmas this week so i'm really looking forward to it since it looks brilliant.

You know, I did ask the space hamster, (which I suspect is of the minature-giant breed) and all he said was "Squeek!"

I don't know why, but it felt quite profound.

When you go to number 2 I yelled "Did you forget about mass effect 2?" Then you included it and I love you.

What a great list. I enjoyed it.

This was a unique top 5. I can't wait to see how it compares to other guys.

Wakefield:
When you go to number 2 I yelled "Did you forget about mass effect 2?" Then you included it and I love you.

Squirrel, please. You should know I would never forget Mass Effect. :)

Hey, don't take that tone with me I was on the PvZ train from day one.

Susan Arendt:

Wakefield:

Squirrel, please. You should know I would never forget Mass Effect. :)

I know. Silly me. I'll never be so foolish again. Promise. :)

Double post sorry my internet failed.

Whoa, there Susan. Tomb Raider Legend didn't suck. Just putting that out there.

OMG Susan we love you!!!!

*Aham* oh, ok. The number 4, I was like "wth is that?" and then I saw the unicorn. Bad ass unicorns are awesome.
Most of the games on the list I wasn't aware of. It's good to see unknown potential entertaiment on a top list. :p

The #2 spot got there based solely on graphics? Really?

ItsAPaul:

Well it is all opinion.

Thank you Susan, for doing what a good video games site should do - calling our attention to the under-rated, under-played, never-would-have-looked-at games of 2010. Top 10 lists that include Fallout, WOW and Civ I can get from the New York Times. Thanks for keeping the Escapist relevant!

Susan, you are my favorite staffer as your sidecomments never fail to leave me snickering.

ItsAPaul:

Not the graphics themselves, i think she means the way the game depicts the post apocalyptic world of the game as a beautiful lush place rather then everything about it being dead, brown and grey.

dcrane:
Thank you Susan, for doing what a good video games site should do - calling our attention to the under-rated, under-played, never-would-have-looked-at games of 2010. Top 10 lists that include Fallout, WOW and Civ I can get from the New York Times. Thanks for keeping the Escapist relevant!

New Vegas would be on my list right behind or beside ME2 now that the patches have fixed most of my problems. If they liked WoW and Civ it would not make The Escapist any less relevant. They are still games and AAA titles(which ME2 is as well as the others you mentioned) have as much right to be represented and acknowledged on a gaming site as any other game.

Interesting choice of games. Wouldn't exactly agree with most choices here but I'll give you that this year has been a god awful year for video games and pickings are slim. Have you tried SC2?

i thought Alan Wake would be on the list

Ken Sapp:

dcrane:

New Vegas would be on my list right behind or beside ME2 now that the patches have fixed most of my problems. If they liked WoW and Civ it would not make The Escapist any less relevant. They are still games and AAA titles(which ME2 is as well as the others you mentioned) have as much right to be represented and acknowledged on a gaming site as any other game.

I tune in to the Escapist to have my gaming horizons broadened; not reinforced. Of course, your mileage may vary...

dcrane:

Ken Sapp:

dcrane:

I tune in to the Escapist to have my gaming horizons broadened; not reinforced. Of course, your mileage may vary...

I like broadening, if it weren't for broadening I doubt I would have ever heard of World of Goo, among others.

I may have misread the tone of your original post and if I did I am sorry but to me it reads as if any game site which does not put indie and small studio/budget games on an equal footing as AAA titles on Top ## lists isn't relevant. I was just stating that if AAA studios have done their job and produced outstanding games then they deserve recognition just as much as a Minecraft or other small/independent studio games.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here