Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Impractical Female Character Hairstyles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Everytime I start watching one of these vids it seems like I should be embarrassed for Lisa. It's as if I can sense the awkward horrible jokes that are about to come, but then something happens...

She nails a hilarious punchline with nearly perfect delivery. It's like watching an autistic person about to be grabbed by a stranger but instead of spazzing they turn into a tango dancer and start gracefully executing precision moves with their assailant.

It's such a weird contradiction, how can someone start out so awkward and plucky then actually turn out to be such a talented comedian?

Anyway, great video! Had me rolling multiple times.

I... I Love her... =D

MirrorSweep:

Dragunai:
1st time and last time I ever watch this chicks videos.
The humour is weak, she tries WAY too hard and the content of her movies is just a niche untouched because NO ONE CARES.

I want to point out:

Rikku, Ayumi, the chick from street fighter are all of Japanese Origins and bagging on the japs for making games where the chicks have really eccentric hair is just sad because everyone knows the Japs love their eccentric hair and costumes on characters.

Heres an idea Lisa, talk about things we care about without the breathless feel to the video.

Heres some examples:

The current climate of egos on games such as Black Ops
How much more could Quantum Theory rip off Gears of war
and when will the Wii make a game that isnt a total gimmick

Thankyou! Someone with a freaking brain!
Seriously people, how can you not see how bad of a presenter she really is?
And the content, coupled with the always miss humor makes this easily one of the worst series the escapist has seen.

The worst? Oh hell, no, there have been plenty worse then this one. I hit it with my axe may have been the worst thing I have ever seen (Its DnD with bad sex jokes thrown in. That's not entertainment, that's pandering.). While the Top 5 with Miss Foiles may not be the next Unskippable or the next Doomsday Apocolypse, it most certainly is a decent contender to replace Doraleous and Associates and Game Dogs.

If you don't like it, you don't have to watch it or comment on it. Don't call us all stupid just because we enjoy something you don't. That's the kind of elitist attitude that has driven people away from this site.

Ok so she is now starting to grow on me, Good video and hope to see more

I say her do a kamehameha, so this get's my immediate approval.

She was in All That wasn't she, now I feel old, and young.

I'm surprised we didn't see more final fantasy characters, although I haven't seen most of them in 3d so I can't really tell if Terra's hair is impractical.

If men were allowed on this list General Lionwhyte from Brutal Legend would so be #1
well except his hair can make him fly... so I guess it's still practical.

Bayonetta's hair is her weapon, but how has Nariko not managed to accidentally slice off all her hair yet?

Especially with the ranged stance.

didn't hear a word she said...

Wow, a cute geeky girl makes jokes about video games and people are complaining about it. Nerds are impossible to please.

Anyways, nice call on the last-minute Bayonetta shout out. I kept thinking the whole time, "She is going to say Bayonetta, but her hair was actually practical." Keep up the good work.

Rakkana:
Stop growing on me!! I'm trying not to like you!!

Same here............... DAMMIT!

imnotparanoid:

CapnRaccoon:
I would've considered Bayonetta, but just because her hair is actually mental, like seriously, crazy.

But she's already won 2!
That would just be silly.

Yes, and that'd be totally inappropriate for this series, obviously.

Very happy about your shout out to your All That days. Very good vid!

Anyone know what the song during the Heavenly Sword segment was? It was catchy... <<;

Wonder what she'd have to say about Bayonetta if she were to discuss useful hairstyles.

Boba Frag:

Great stuff.... she's certainly got annoying over the top cheerleader down in that! Hard to believe it's her, in a way.

I thought the same thing when she said something like "This is what I looked like as a child". I was thinking "no, that's the girl from All That. Ok, she is just pulling pictures on the internet". Then I googled her to find her videos to watch again and the wiki article was up. I was amazed it was the same girl.

Crap.
I had this idea in my head that Bayonetta would be mentioned in every review.
I gave in literally a split second before that last scene popped up.

Another good episode.

I'm only adding these comments each time to even out the omg-never-watching-it-again posts.

On the subject of hairstyles, why are there so few bald women in video games?

Loved the Locks of Love joke in Nariko's mention, mostly because I did that a few months ago.

Also, good list.

What? Nobody thought of naming those female characters hairoines? You know, heroines? With hair? Hair ... oines. Haha.

crudus:
I am curious as to why your censor your videos.

Optimystic:

Question: why point out the martini was koolaid? Was it just for shiggles or is drinking not allowed on-camera at the Escapist?

Because Lisa is supposed to put on a show for male Escapist viewers, and everyone knows that proper girls don't swear or drink.

MasochisticMuse:

Because Lisa is supposed to put on a show for male Escapist viewers, and everyone knows that proper girls don't swear or drink.

She cursed three times in that episode.

Her hair is a bird, your argument is invalid (Sorry I couldn't resist the joke).

hahhahaahahaahahahahahahaha hair had to be one of the next topics :D

BlueInkAlchemist:
I have yet to see a Top 5 with Lisa I don't like.

Keep them coming.

I have yet to see a Top 5 with Lisa I do like.
Never though this series had much potential, but whatever, I gave it a shot.

To each his own.

Great vid, thought the humour was really spot on as well as including the four most annoying women on the planet: Snookie, Bjork & the Olsen Twins.

imnotparanoid:

CapnRaccoon:
I would've considered Bayonetta, but just because her hair is actually mental, like seriously, crazy.

But she's already won 2!
That would just be silly.

Could be a theme =D

+10 for actually mentioning Bayonetta near the ending. I thought she was going to be #1 from the start. Like it when the fourth wall is broken as such;p

Lisa, I like your videos more and more with each passing week. You have a good personality for this and its nice to have a light hearted video in comparison to rants and reviews.

I whip my hair back and forth.

I was ok with Nariko's crazy hair outside of the fact she's in a game and it was constantly bugging out and clipping through her. Nothing ruins immersion more than bad physics or poor animation.

Also, people should really tone down the hate it's really not being considerate of people and seriously demeaning, it's fine for people to dislike something but it can be easy to get carried away and say things on the internet you really wouldn't rather say if you'd thought about it.

MasochisticMuse:

crudus:

MasochisticMuse:

She cursed three times in that episode.

I counted 5. But I think that just makes it more absurd that they would bother censoring anything at all.

It could be a humour thing. Somehow bleeps can just be funnier than actually sticking a word in there, maybe it's a tone thing.

ruthimani:
oh great another dumb blonde "girls are only interested in hair in games-hell not the actual games or playing them or anything!" video. lets see.. blonde bimbo-voiced slender conventionally attractive girl talking about guess what. hair. With lots of excessively "girly" language, "martinis are too strong for girls" etc etc Token female employee anyone?
Please escapist recognise that girls play video games and are bored senseless by this kind of bullshit. Its boring and its incredibly patronising. You wouldnt make a guy do this and talk about say Cloud from FF7s hair or accessories would you?

Actually she has her own gaming website and writes for Kotaku, this is just her thing for the videos here on the Escapist.

The chick from mass effect 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)