Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Impractical Female Character Hairstyles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

You have to do one for male characters. Seymour's hair from Final Fantasy X out stupid's all of those ladies' hair.

Nice list. I really hope she does a male equivalent as well. Seymour Guado for number one!

fingerbang143:
The chick from mass effect 2

Okay, first off, that's rather vague. We have Tali, who always wears a helmet; Kasumi, who also wears obscuring headgear; Samara, who technically doesn't have hair; Jack, who has a shaved head...

So I'm assuming you're talking about Miranda. But seriously?

It may not be the most practical combat hairstyle, but for somebody who relies on firearms and telekinesis from behind cover, that's pretty darn tame compared to a lot of other hairstyles out there.

I've enjoyed every one of Lisa's videos so far! I love her timing, her delivery, her sense of humour...funny lady!! I know it's all scripted, but the randomness and argumentative tone is so like me. Except...you know, I'm not at all funny.

Oh, I totally did think Bayonetta would be on there.

Awesome job! Can't wait to see more of these Top 5s. These videos are great!

Great video love it! Keep it coming :D

Sorry Lisa, I just don't think you're very funny; this is the only one that I watched through to the end and even then it kinda' hurt. S'nothing personal, but I can see there isn't anything for me here...back to Extra Credits and Yahtzee for me.

If we were going for practical, a shaved head like Jack in me2 would be practical or a buzz cut. Any hair you could grab in a fight would be a negative.

The video reminds me of my ex-girlfriend... a sort of humor that goes, "Hey, look at me! I trying extremely hard to be funny!" And even though it's not funny, you still smile because it is extremely cute.

Dragunai:
1st time and last time I ever watch this chicks videos.
The humour is weak, she tries WAY too hard and the content of her movies is just a niche untouched because NO ONE CARES.

Heres an idea Lisa, talk about things we care about without the breathless feel to the video.

Heres some examples:

The current climate of egos on games such as Black Ops
How much more could Quantum Theory rip off Gears of war
and when will the Wii make a game that isnt a total gimmick

See, the problem with doing that is that adding substance can add controversy, while doing fluffy, brainless, being-cute humor is something everyone can... um... watch?

I like this series, and someone needed to say something about crazy hair. I think Lisa tries too hard to be funny, cute, and zany. That works fine for tweens comedy shows, but not really for Escapist, or at least not what I expect to see on escapist. Your already cute and zaney, Lisa, you dont need too overwork it.

great video

honestly at first i didnt like it.
But now i love it. Finaly a health form of addiction.
Se is growing on me in more ways than 1 XD.
btw i think that rikkus hair isnt that impratical but i guess its all in the eye of the beholder

Yeah, the impossible impractical hair it's an anime thing. 4/5 of those games were Japanese.

MirrorSweep:

Dragunai:
The humour is weak, she tries WAY too hard and the content of her movies is just a niche untouched because NO ONE CARES.

I want to point out:

Rikku, Ayumi, the chick from street fighter are all of Japanese Origins and bagging on the japs for making games where the chicks have really eccentric hair is just sad because everyone knows the Japs love their eccentric hair and costumes on characters.

Heres an idea Lisa, talk about things we care about without the breathless feel to the video.

Heres some examples:

Thankyou! Someone with a freaking brain!
Seriously people, how can you not see how bad of a presenter she really is?
And the content, coupled with the always miss humor makes this easily one of the worst series the escapist has seen.

That's so cute. Someone wants to show off how independent-minded (tm) they are by piggy-backing on someone's post.

I'm a guy and I just desired to watch this video. I am actually impressed with her choices, they all made sense to me that they are off. Heavenly Sword surprised me though till she showed her fighting with that crowd and then I understood why she was #1. Yet, I loved her remarks at the end. Haha :D

mr_rubino:

MirrorSweep:

Dragunai:

I want to point out:

Rikku, Ayumi, the chick from street fighter are all of Japanese Origins and bagging on the japs for making games where the chicks have really eccentric hair is just sad because everyone knows the Japs love their eccentric hair and costumes on characters.

Heres some examples:

And the content, coupled with the always miss humor makes this easily one of the worst series the escapist has seen.

That's so cute. Someone wants to show off how independent-minded (tm) they are.

Yeah, you're adorable when you try to do that Rubi. ;)

ForgottenPr0digy:
Don't hate on Rikku from X/X-2

I like her.

I only Hate on the X-2 Rikku. All the X characters were awesome, and then squaresoft turned a storyline I loved Into an abomination of character degredation and fanservice....... OK so I'm a little bitter :-) But I found X Rikku adorable and X-2 Rikku Slutty and annoying as hell.

Salad Is Murder:

mr_rubino:

MirrorSweep:

That's so cute. Someone wants to show off how independent-minded (tm) they are.

Yeah, you're adorable when you try to do that Rubi. ;)

Did you... think that sentence through before you posted? Oh wait I know, as a put-down, it doesn't have to make sense. =P

WOW. you slammed Shia and the olsen twins in the same review. I think I am in love >.<

Funny. Considering the amount of female characters in video games that have completely impractical hairstyles, some of the choices in this video weren't really the best examples.

SNOOK SNOOK SNOOK!

hahaha...the best part of this was that when I got to #1 and hadn't yet seen Bayonetta, I said to myself, "Wait, why isn't Bayonetta on this list? Ohh...because her hair is leaps and bounds above 'practical,' it's a damn weapon!"

And then Lisa went and said as much :-D

Roman numerals, dear.

Please learn how they operate.

crudus:

Boba Frag:

Great stuff.... she's certainly got annoying over the top cheerleader down in that! Hard to believe it's her, in a way.

I thought the same thing when she said something like "This is what I looked like as a child". I was thinking "no, that's the girl from All That. Ok, she is just pulling pictures on the internet". Then I googled her to find her videos to watch again and the wiki article was up. I was amazed it was the same girl.

I actually didn't recognise her immediately- the squeeky pitch she uses in the old video is definitely her, but it was the insane manic energy that she threw into the cheerleader.... Which was actually really funny! She steals that scene.
I gotta congratulate her on successfully transitioning to the interwebs.

The cut aways to Lisa attempting to style her hair in the same way the characters do in the game was really interesting. I sort of thought most of them would only work in the game and it was kind of neat to see them work on a real person.

This video induced a respectable amount of laughter. This one approves.

But... I love totally insane hairstyles! XD

Although, to be fair, in terms of practicality, you do have a point.

When I'm doing martial arts, it does matter what I do wit my hair. - Although, not as much as you might think.

Lisa can pull off most of those hairstyles herself. Except for Nuriko of course. She needs about 3 tons of extensions for that to work.

Looking at the video of you when you were younger, I have to ask. Where did your pigment go?

i was wondering where bayonetta was on that list. although hair that summons demons is practical in a fight.

Yeah I'm glad you left Bayonetta out of it this time. Nice video again :)

Giest4life:
Huh, so this is the same girl in this vid?

I have no words to match the emotions to express my....feelings.

That took 3 tries to watch it all the way through....which makes me glad I never watched that tripe and bollocks when I was younger...but it made me think....what did those kids of their think of what they were doing? Doing SNL for pre-teens sounds like it might be fun....but probably not.

Anyways....you're getting better Lisa, hopefully you'll be good by ep 6

Monshroud:
Ok, I was completely going to rag on you if you had Bayonetta in this top 5 again, not because of the praticality, just for the repeativeness of it.

So is the princess with the bird on her head similar to guys who have the "Duck butt" hair style?

Well she's right...it is very practical.

Also, Duck butt hair? Example?

Another great video, this series keeps getting better and better. I had no real idea who some of those characters were, but your analysis of their various coiffures was quite amusing.

Haha, I was definitely wondering "where the frick is Bayonetta" after she announced number one. Well played, Lisa.

Also, glad she's finally coming out with the fact that she was on All That.

I was wondering about Bayonette, but since it's used as a weapon, it's probably the most practical style out there.

Awesome vid! Really liked the bit with the bird on head and koolaid :)

Just watched the video and I feel a loss. It's probably the 5 minutes of my life and some heterosexuality.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here