Escapist News Network: ENN Awards 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3

I, for one, think ENN has improved for going bi-weekly. Fun show, guys.

And yeah, like the red in your hair Kathleen.

That GTA joke was the best one ENN has ever done. I would have shit myself had I not already been sitting on the toilet.

Woooo... Saw the shout out to my Dog Fort subreddit! Nice.

NirTivAal:
I won! When can I expect my trophy and/or cash prize?

You win respect and the gratitude of LRR fans everywhere

It's sorta on par with Jame's love in value...

Great game by the way!

douche cacoon...haha gotta say that was clever

also I love the first comment in this thread...

jasonjulias:
Woooo... Saw the shout out to my Dog Fort subreddit! Nice.

Woooo! We loves the Dog Fort.

InterAirplay:
Edgy McEdgerson's whatever isn't technically based on an ENN throwaway joke. Not when you guys stole it from Shamus.

Sorry, I don't know what you're referring to. Did Shamus make a similar "edge" joke?
I'd love to see it!

A little disappointed that there was no Duke Nukem joke.

Hilarious as always. Those awards are just tongue-in-cheek enough to have a lot of truth behind them, as always the insight is incredible.

Looking forward to the next year of LRR and ENN!

Graham_LRR:

InterAirplay:
Edgy McEdgerson's whatever isn't technically based on an ENN throwaway joke. Not when you guys stole it from Shamus.

Sorry, I don't know what you're referring to. Did Shamus make a similar "edge" joke?
I'd love to see it!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6326-Stolen-Pixels-112-Ready-to-Settle

I feel like the nerd community's equivalent of a hipster now...

I'm sorry, but how can anyone say that San Andreas was their life story. LMAO. That is bizarre. Please tell me you guys made that up.

Face Off reference. Nice.

I bet Grahams last line took forever to get right.

Jeffro Tull:
I'm sorry, but how can anyone say that San Andreas was their life story. LMAO. That is bizarre. Please tell me you guys made that up.

Dood, you wish...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105979-Hip-Hop-Back-Up-Sues-for-250-Million-Over-GTA-San-Andreas

That one 360 faceplate looked cute... "This one's got pinatas! They think they're people."

The_root_of_all_evil:

Okysho:
what the heck are "cheevos"? like... a new cheettos flavour?

Cosplay Horatio:
What does cheevos and achies mean?

It's the "gangsta" way to talk about Achievements.

My God, the horror of such words being invented.

necronmm:
Douche cocoons hahaha, who should we call to have them exterminated?

Anyone with gamer douche pesticide....

...Febreeze.

InterAirplay:

Graham_LRR:

InterAirplay:

I'd love to see it!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/6326-Stolen-Pixels-112-Ready-to-Settle

Ha! Wow.
Yeah, we've never seen that one before, certainly didn't "steal" it.

Either "great minds" etc, or it's just an easy joke, I guess.
Thanks!

Graham_LRR:

InterAirplay:

Graham_LRR:
I'd love to see it!

Ha! Wow.
Yeah, we've never seen that one before, certainly didn't "steal" it.

Either "great minds" etc, or it's just an easy joke, I guess.
Thanks!

Nae danger.

I was just being a Shamus fanboy.

XxRyanxX:
...Alan Wake wasn't the primary game everyone thought it would be? Pretty sad... mostly upsetting then to the Company that made it I suppose... Mmh...anyways very creative video I sure admired it.

If I had an Xbox, Alan Wake would be one of those games I couldn't wait to play! Awwww. Well I guess that'll be one of those games I have to pick up that no one liked.

Vohn_exel:

XxRyanxX:
...Alan Wake wasn't the primary game everyone thought it would be? Pretty sad... mostly upsetting then to the Company that made it I suppose... Mmh...anyways very creative video I sure admired it.

If I had an Xbox, Alan Wake would be one of those games I couldn't wait to play! Awwww. Well I guess that'll be one of those games I have to pick up that no one liked.

I was good and ready to buy it upon release... Oh wait Microsoft wanted to make it an Xbox exclusive and leave out the pc gamers that they had been selling on that game for over 2 years. Their loss I guess. I felt worse for Remedy Entertainment for having to fold under that kind of influence.

edit: meant to reply to an individual and failed sorry if a mod sees this please delete this

here is the link for the people who wanted to find the hedge edging game http://www.kongregate.com/games/NirTivAal/edgey-mcedgersons-hedge-edger

Jeffro Tull:

Vohn_exel:

XxRyanxX:

I was good and ready to buy it upon release... Oh wait Microsoft wanted to make it an Xbox exclusive and leave out the pc gamers that they had been selling on that game for over 2 years. Their loss I guess. I felt worse for Remedy Entertainment for having to fold under that kind of influence.

My PC wouldn't be able to play it anyway, lol. If I ever do get an xbox, I do plan on getting that game. It sounded right up my alley, but oh well. Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll port it over for some weird reason :P.

You wanna know how "on the ball" you are this week? My dad, who rarely enjoys the same things I like, was in the same room as I was while watching this vid. He wasn't looking at my screen, just listening to the audio, and the announcement line made him chuckle.

Bravo, ENN writing staff, bravo.

I love you both for:
"You fucking Philistines" - I smiled ear to ear.
and
"Like a cocoon. A douche cocoon." - I nearly performed a spit-take. I want to buy a round for the whole ENN staff for that one (especially Kathleen and the joke's writer).

Onyx Oblivion:
This means no Alan Wake 2, doesn't it?

I loved the game. I was actually going to hunt down all the thermosi (that is the plural, right?) next time I play it.

And Dante's Inferno wasn't that bad at all. The freaking environmental design was epic.

Your avatar is amazing. I can't figure out why but something about it is just so... encapsulating.

OT: Hey, I liked My Hands, its a decent song (please don't hit me.)

Lol I love Alan Wake. I will never own it like every other video game out there in the world, but I love it XD

You gotta love a game that mentions Stephan King 4 times and ends it "It's not a lake... it's a ocean" Seriously most epic and confusing ending EVER :3

CaptainCrunch:

GrizzlerBorno:
What's up with the new iPod-dancing-Imp ad? did anyone else see that? it was hilarious.

It's a spot for Publisher's Club, so pretty much everyone will see it.
(To make it go away, along with our other ads - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/ )

Also, thanks! I did the animation.

hey man, whats the song playing in the ad called? it kinda reminds me of the new tron movie

marc951:

CaptainCrunch:

GrizzlerBorno:
What's up with the new iPod-dancing-Imp ad? did anyone else see that? it was hilarious.

It's a spot for Publisher's Club, so pretty much everyone will see it.
(To make it go away, along with our other ads - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/subscription/ )

Also, thanks! I did the animation.

hey man, whats the song playing in the ad called? it kinda reminds me of the new tron movie

The name of the song is "Green on Black", by Alec Harrison. I don't know if it's available on iTunes, but you're welcome to go look for it.

Jandau:
It's like a cocoon... a douche cocoon!

ROFL!

Also, good choice with Darksiders, that game was pretty sweet, especially for people who missed most of the Zelda games and God of War (i.e. PC gamers).

Well, I've played almost every single Zelda ever released, I've only played for a couple of hours God of War 2 with my cousin and I'm a PC gamer, so yeah, I loved Darksiders.

NirTivAal:
I won! When can I expect my trophy and/or cash prize?

Your creation helped us all win.

Graham_LRR:
ENN Awards 2010

Some games didn't suck this year. I know, right?

Watch Video

Dear Kathleen,

This is an official request to bring back the hairflip (with a note attached to it to keep the beautiful cleavage).

Signed with the kindest of regards,
Woem

hahaha the Michael Jackson experience...yeah good one there, that creeped me out too LOL

and YES I agree, I NEVER wanna hear that song from FF13 again
say what you want about the game (sucks?), I'd almost venture to say that THAT song is the worst part of it

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here