Zero Punctuation: Epic Mickey

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Made you fit this in before they let you out of the studio huh Ben? (JK) Enjoy your vacation.

XxRyanxX:

Ah, I didn't know that thanks for informing me. It's not really complaining I like to call it ranting XD because I am just fed up with them not giving it their all spite it's not fully dependent on actual Disney Corporations [If they are called by that]. Then they should do something to save their good name and tweak/fix the Game is all.
On the other hand, I know they have some cartoons and that's the good stuff (Which I did list) but mostly Disney Channel, Disney Mornings, Disney Live, ect. are all packed with just reality shows. Even the humor of them dies out because it's the same phony jokes. Actually, in truth most of the reality shoes have no meaning they just have a plain stupid ending to them that's like karma or something, it really gets on my nerves so this game is like putting Cartoons in a bad position. Just my personal opinion.

Disney Chancel is sort of Nickelodeon of the modern era. For something good there is something bad and there are a lot of bad live action series but sense I dont watch them then I wont comment on them

mr_rubino:

henritje:
why are the first 3 guys on probation? I get the first guy for his "first" comment but the other two?

Some kinda complex timer system, possibly including lots of gears, pulleys, and water clocks.
You get probation if you comment before watching the video.

that sounds pretty stupid but smart on the other hand

Edit: double post somehow. sorry

Man I was actually looking forward too epic mickey as well for some reason...

Oh hey, he doesn't hate the Wii anymore. Que the flying pigs.

Really the only reason I wanna get this game is for Oswald, since I'm a sap for long lost characters, especially when they kick ass.

Kingdom Hearts! <3

samaugsch:

thepyrethatburns:
Yahtzee brings up a really good point near the end.

How relevant IS Mickey Mouse to kids today? I don't have kids but my brother has three and I don't think I've heard them ever mention Mickey. I don't have the Disney Channel but I understand it has gone from the disney cartoon channel that it used to be to whatever tween drama/star is hot at the time. Outside of Kingdom Hearts, is Mickey really that big a children's icon anymore?

I think Mickey's been replaced by Spongebob.

QFT

...and that's a bit frightening if you think about it.

Good review.

Now that you mentioned at the end Mr. Croshaw, Disney is pretty much toe to toe with Dreamworks SKG. Hardly anyone remembers Mickey Mouse.

I still have fond memories that Capcom help make Magical Quest for the SNES.

Ok, I had to pause at 3:16
(Gosh, that's rather appropriate)
to get my head around "The camera is like the working class. If you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you."

That's either the most profound or the most surreal thing I've heard this year, I think.

I know you'll probably rip it a new one but I would really like to see a Zero Punctuation on Chrono Trigger, my favourite game of all time. Its because I really like the retro reviews. Please if you do it go easy on it.

That cartoon panel is pretty dark. Makes me wonder if Walt was still alive would this have lived up to that kind of potential

Bring back old yahtzee from the cave :)

That whole plush mascot thing is just wrong. Just for people who enjoy giant stuffed animals i guess.(girls only)

that was disturbing... anyway Donkey Kong it is!

haha, good job I won't ever play that game else I'd be making sure that every little piece of every little level were either evil or good (or whatever the concept is). Could not stand a half-half job.

haha part i love
"kindom heart is more egy than this"
and "mr.wii wat do you think every other cousole has 2 anolog stick"

The_root_of_all_evil:
Ok, I had to pause at 3:16
(Gosh, that's rather appropriate)
to get my head around "The camera is like the working class. If you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you."

That's either the most profound or the most surreal thing I've heard this year, I think.

I've got a copy of the Communist Manifesto if you want to borrow it.

so hilarious, and so true...

and wow he was so nice to the Wii! that caught me off guard

I loved this review. It's good to see people finally tearing down the walls that are sheltering Disney so much that they think they don't even have to try anymore...

I see lots of others noticed the ipod imp ad at the end too, that's more Epic than this game it seems. First time I really enjoyed seeing an advert in my video that I enjoyed lol.

EchetusXe:

I've got a copy of the Communist Manifesto if you want to borrow it.

A copy, Comrade? All property is theft anyway.

A Mickey Mouse comic where he actually tied to commit suicide? How much you wanna bet they'd never get away with something like that nowadays?

That being said, I'd still play this game despite the lack of dark/edgynesss, 'Cause it does have an interesting take on the Disney Mythos.

(And even if it did, I'd play it anyway because I like when well-known/generally kiddy stuff like Disney gets a darker reimagining/twist. Dunno why, I just like the idea.)

That was a lot of child molestation jokes. Kind of put me off to be honest. Other than that though, the review really crystallized what I have been hearing about the game. I think that I will avoid it.

I can't see anyone else mentioning it in the above comments (though i may have missed it) but in Ireland, "Mickey" is slang for male genetalia.

Suddenly the child molestation jokes don't seem so out of place, do they?

I'll give you my accordion for a durian.

I tried Kingdom Hearts, and then promptly threw the controller across the room when Mickey Mouse popped onto screen for more than a minute.
And so, when I saw that the game 'Epic Mickey' was coming out, I avoided the thought of even touching it. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald have always turned me off to any kind of entertainment that Disney provides, so I wouldn't play something where that oversized rat was the star of.
And what with Kingdom hearts? Why is Mickey suddenly EMO?! Don't get me wrong, KH had it's good points, it's just MICKEY.
He creeps me out. O_O
BUT, besides that point, I can understand wonky cameras and game dynamics, and that alone made me grateful I didn't buy the game.

Actually...with Kingdom hearts, I said something about Mickey Mouse I thought I would NEVER say about Mickey. After seeing him go Episode II Yoda on a bunch of Heartless, I found myself saying...

"Remind me never to piss him off. I'm afraid he'll kick my ass!!!"

holy crap. did not know that about vintage mickey comics =\

On a related topic, the interview process for Disneyland mascots was recently discovered.

Gotta love a good rape joke. Double points for children.

Ahh, Warren Spector. You tried so, SO hard to make a badass Mickey that would finally topple King Mickey of "Kingdom Hearts" fame off from his throne that it's no surprise the end results was all too laughable. In the immortal words of Chris Rock: "That's like playing a game of basketball with a retard and calling him out on a double-dribble". Still, my baby bro is a Disney-worshiping little nerdling, so I guess I'll get this for him for Christmas.

...if only to watch his crestfallen, disappointed little mug that would destroy his faith in anything Disney forever. MOO HOO HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!! >XD

GamemasterAnthony:

samaugsch:

thepyrethatburns:
Yahtzee brings up a really good point near the end.

How relevant IS Mickey Mouse to kids today? I don't have kids but my brother has three and I don't think I've heard them ever mention Mickey. I don't have the Disney Channel but I understand it has gone from the disney cartoon channel that it used to be to whatever tween drama/star is hot at the time. Outside of Kingdom Hearts, is Mickey really that big a children's icon anymore?

I think Mickey's been replaced by Spongebob.

QFT

...and that's a bit frightening if you think about it.

Considering how much nausea fuel more recent episodes of Spongebob have accumulated, yeah that's all kinds of creepy.

That ad in the end was fucking disturbing 0.o

A really good review :) this game really got me hyped with the "darker" disney theme. But inevitably they had to make it into shit that wasn't even dark at all -.-

I admit, I've been more looking forward to this review than the actual game. 'Bout what I expected- rip the camera, rip Disney, rip the fact it's a third-party Wii game, rip the shoehorned Wiimote waggle, mention wasted potential.

I've played the game, everything Yahtzee mentions is totally valid. Especially the camera. The camera is utter ass.

Mattteus:
I'll give you my accordion for a durian.

Uh, that durian's coming from a guy jerking off in front of a webcam. You sure you still want it?

Also... THE GRINS! o__O

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or