Review: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I can't sleep because I want to know what's in these pots, and it's driving me nuts.

Read Full Article

Yayyyy, crab!

Oh God man overboard! XD

Now what would be funny if this game sold more units than that last Tony Hawk Game. ZING!
/flees

Crab,
Crab,
Minigaaaaame!

The ship is, of course, the Escapist. A mighty vessel, sailing high on the internet!

In Britain, buoy is pronounced boy. Which, in retrospect, made me think that they put orange helmets on children and floated them out into the sea. Heh.

Wii version...better?

What kind of world are we living in?

Oh wait. The Okami Wii port let me skip cutscenes, like the 20 minute intro.

YAY FOR WII!

DTWolfwood:
Oh God man overboard! XD

Now what would be funny if this game sold more units than that last Tony Hawk Game. ZING!
/flees

You know, I'm willing to bet $50 it has. This sounds and looks more fun than Shred.

I'm not going to play this game. Ever. He clearly went crazy over playing it. Avoid the boring fishing-show-game!

Wow, that looked really terrible. But the narration was great. MINIGAAAAAME!

They made a sequel?

I like the show but honestly I thought the first game was horrible. This looks slightly better, but still not great. But the flinging of crabs looks hilarious.

"I got crabzzzz"-Gangster crab

wow I hope "forced enjoyment" by Achievement Hunter uses this for season 3.

Listen this we never work, its like making the movie hostel a step by step guild to becoming your very own private torturer.

Russ Pitts:

I can't sleep because I want to know what's in these pots, and it's driving me nuts.

Read Full Article

Just... never been a fan of the show at all. Yeah, woo hoo, you're risking your life (to catch food for rich people). But a video game based on a show whose only real point of interest is the challenge and danger, which are certainly absent from the game itself?

Sorry. If I wanted to play a game where my goal was to putter around and catch crabs, I'd have bought The Witcher. (Ba-zing!)

This game looks like a load of ship.

Seeing what kind of effect this game had on the poor reviewer ill stay away from it at all costs.

better on the Wii? 'nuff said

actually the first game was enough to ensure I'd never ever wanna look at a Deadliest Catch video game period

Whoooosh! Caw caw! Man overboard! OH GOd OH GOD! MInigamee! <---lol

I remember watching rooster teeth play the first one and I waited for you to rip apart this one. But you didn't and that makes sense because it seems more fun...in a non-fun kind've way.

So I guess I should just give up on waiting for you guys to review Gran Turismo 5 huh?

Seriously, is there no other games out there right now?

Considering the bomb that the first game was, I didn't think the would have had the audacity to make another. The only way the thing could make money is if people are sucked in again because they like the show, and again they are going to get burned.

duchaked:
better on the Wii? 'nuff said

actually the first game was enough to ensure I'd never ever wanna look at a Deadliest Catch video game period

I watched the horror that was the first game when my friend rented and played it. It was one of the most glitchy pieces of crap in games that I have ever seen. He spent about ten minutes playing it and it was enough for him to immediately take it back an rent something else.

One day my friend wasn't successful, but he saw a poor poor kid in a Gamestop buy it when the kid's father told the kid he could only get one game for some time. The kid didn't listen to my friend and I bet that kid was crying not long after he got home.

dastardly:

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

Just... never been a fan of the show at all. Yeah, woo hoo, you're risking your life (to catch food for rich people). But a video game based on a show whose only real point of interest is the challenge and danger, which are certainly absent from the game itself?

Sorry. If I wanted to play a game where my goal was to putter around and catch crabs, I'd have bought The Witcher. (Ba-zing!)

honestly that last line was sooo good XD the wit has burnt a whole in reality. that allowed some one to think the last game needed a sequel...so you could make that comment.

arrr arrr crabs...

awful game...

ok from what I saw all the mini games are about getting crabs or giving crabs. Is there something the developers would like to tell us here? The sexual tension in this game is amazing.

Unfortunately the game looks meh not amazing.

Crabs the gift that keeps on giving.

Russ made this review enjoyable. The game itself looks boring. Fishing games are more better than this. At least you'll be fishing instead of playing these boring minigames.

How do we follow up a game that was to rigerous for the average player? Make it so it is to unchallenging for the average sloth.

The Outro had me in fits. Well done Russ.
OT: I can't wait for Jack Patillo (RT,TX) to play this game.

Was Russ high when he made the video? haha "Yayyyy crab" "oh god man overboard" Lol.

You sure talk it up quite a bit for giving it only 2 stars.

Merry Christmas to you, Russ Pitts! Your present: You don't have to play this game any more!

... Better on the Wii... Honestly, what kind of travesty of a port is it that would make that possible?

Now, don't get me wrong, I love my Wii, actually. (not that I'd go anywhere near a game like this; Whatever is good about the Wii, it's not crap such as this game.)

But seriously, if this began life on the Wii, and the 360 version is worse...
The reverse makes sense considering hardware limitations... But... What?

Anyway. Enough of that.

That was a hilarious review, but the game looks weird. Who greenlit it on that premise? "Crab-fishing reality-show game"? Really?!

Poor Russ Pitts' sanity.

We knew it well.

*single tear*

How much does this... collection of minigames cost? and what makes it worth buying.... ever...

I may be biased by a dislike of the series but, this is ridiculous.

It's a game about Craaaaaaaaab People.

funksobeefy:
So I guess I should just give up on waiting for you guys to review Gran Turismo 5 huh?

GT5 is an odd beast. It's a game that is targeted specifically at car enthusiasts and people who love racing games. Unfortunately, we don't really have any of them on our editorial staff, so I know that it's not comfortable to be passing judgment on a game like that, when its claim to fame is its uber-realism.

John Funk:

funksobeefy:

GT5 is an odd beast. It's a game that is targeted specifically at car enthusiasts and people who love racing games. Unfortunately, we don't really have any of them on our editorial staff, so I know that it's not comfortable to be passing judgment on a game like that, when its claim to fame is its uber-realism.

So what your telling is that russ pitts is a fan of deadlist catch and minigames?

Swifteye:

John Funk:

funksobeefy:

So what your telling is that russ pitts is a fan of deadlist catch and minigames?

I'm not sure this game is purporting to be hyperrealistic in the way that GT5 is :P

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here