Critical Miss: Derezzed

Pages PREV 1 2 3

It was an awesome film. I actually saw it twice.

Tron Legacy is as much a good movie as Sonic 4 Episode 1 is a successor to S3&K. Yes, it has the potential to be a great game except a couple of blaring details prevent it from being so.

Look, I loved Tron. I liked Legacy. The prospect of updating The Grid to match today's visual effects standards and putting the score in the hands of Daft Punk isn't just a good idea- it's a cultural godsend. But for the sake of a smarter sequel, the sequel that could fill every ounce of what Tron can be in exploring every topic opened with polish and intrigue, we can't sit by and say Legacy is good just because it's a sequel to Tron at all. The makings of a good film don't equate to a good film when there are too many unnoticeable errors.

I don't see the point in making a sequel targeting a demographic that is far too young to have understood or enjoyed the original. And if you're going to make a movie about a certain subject (e.g. computers) it's generally a good idea to act like you actually know something about that subject.

GrizzlerBorno:
Haha, Brian Crecente is a south Indian guy playing an Iraqi guy acting like an American guy?!

He is the dude playing the dude disguised as another dude.

The only thing i can say when i saw tron: legacy was at that nightclub i KNEW they wanted bowie for this role:

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/2010/12/29/16702171.html

Brilliant... Also, damn entertaining movie, worth seeing really.

Quite good, and the title reminded me of the kickass song of the same name. I still have the bassline stuck in my head: da da da da DAA da, da da da da DAA da...

Also, maybe they're saving this for the sequel(s), but I would've liked to see humorous physical interpretations of various programs, i.e. Microsoft Word as a stressed-out writer or Games for Windows Live as an alcoholic, mentally ill homeless man.

DTWolfwood:

Crowser:

DTWolfwood:
A fantastic B movie of a B movie.

Its very much a TRON movie, down to the parts where TRON is yet again a minor character XD

as everyone has said already who reviewed the movie, its got a fantastic soundtrack. Daft Punk so totally found the TRON sound. It better win an Oscar for Best Original Soundtrack! cause i can't possible think of one more original this year :P

IN
CEP
TION

great movie but cant say i'll remember the movie if you play me one of its tracks. You hear the ones from TRON u cant mistaken it for anything else. No doubt it'll be in the running mind u but i cant imagine it winning over TRON :P

I'm actually split. Tron: Legacy had a great soundtrack, but so did Inception. I'll prove it:

EDIT: I loved the movie. No, I really did. Not my favourite movie ever (that title probably falls to Inception, although there may be some older ones I'm forgetting), but up there in the "great" zone. I liked the plot, I liked the characters more, I LOVED the aesthetic and soundtrack... but best of all was the way they didn't turn Sam Flynn and Quorra into a cheesy token romance. You just saw the beginnings of an attraction, and that was handled brilliantly subtly. Then again, I like most movies I see.

OhJohnNo:

I raise you a Derezzed

and C.L.U.

this one is just for me, I really like this sound for some reason XD

DTWolfwood:

OhJohnNo:

I raise you a Derezzed

and C.L.U.

this one is just for me, I really like this sound for some reason XD

See if I was to choose the best track from Tron, I'd choose whichever one it was with what sounded like an electronic organ. And I don't know which track that was.

Still, we all know the best soundtrack in recent movies was the latest Star Trek (though that unfortunately doesn't qualify for "of the year" as it was in 2009). Best OST since Lord of the Rings.

Youre either thinking about

or

DTWolfwood:

Youre either thinking about

or

No, it's neither of those actually.

Magnatek:
...It's all about the Pentiums? What? What?

OT: Okay, if something like that were to actually happen, I'm not sure whether it'd be awesome in the long run, or if we'd be totally screwed. Nice strip this week.

I thought I might get this before anyone else. Nope, third post...

Madara XIII:
What was that?! Sounded like you said a "Dumb Movie"...

Consider you PC a target as of now. MWAHAHAHAHA

My good sir Madara, never has the Title Gone Gonzo best described anyone better than yourself :P
And for the record, TRON is so old even Dexter ripped on it. (the Ginger, not the Psychopath)

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back-up my kernel before them h4x0rz get to me ...where my flippy-floppy's at?

VanBasten:
Only one film can go up to eleven.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088258/

I see what you did there.

Neferius:

Madara XIII:
What was that?! Sounded like you said a "Dumb Movie"...

Consider you PC a target as of now. MWAHAHAHAHA

My good sir Madara, never has the Title Gone Gonzo best described anyone better than yourself :P
And for the record, TRON is so old even Dexter ripped on it. (the Ginger, not the Psychopath)

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back-up my kernel before them h4x0rz get to me ...where my flippy-floppy's at?

Thank you XD,
Not too many people compliment my sheer insanity. Secondly, loved the "I'm On a Boat" reference you did there.

I liked the movie. It was fun. Not exactly epic writing or anything but pretty good action, very well done graphics, and DAMN HOT actresses. Plus, neon lights.

Madara XIII:

Thank you XD,
Not too many people compliment my sheer insanity. Secondly, loved the "I'm On a Boat" reference you did there.

If you took the time, you would notice the subtle non-offensive Sarcasm in my previous comment.
...and WHAT Reference, there seems to have been a mix-up O.o

Nice comic, love the Weird Al reference.

I don't know, I haven't seen the new Tron yet.

12/10 just in case.

Neferius:

Madara XIII:

Thank you XD,

If you took the time, you would notice the subtle non-offensive Sarcasm in my previous comment.
...and WHAT Reference, there seems to have been a mix-up O.o

Well Bugger my BumbleBee's Breadbox! I seem to have misinterpreted those words... My bad.

Secondly LOL at the Dexter mix-up.

And the "I'm on a boat" reference I was talking about concerned you talking about your "Flippy-floppys"

Madara XIII:

Well Bugger my BumbleBee's Breadbox! I seem to have misinterpreted those words... My bad.

Secondly LOL at the Dexter mix-up.

And the "I'm on a boat" reference I was talking about concerned you talking about your "Flippy-floppys"

Actually, it was this video from a few posts earlier I was referencing to.

I didn't even realize the Source of the reference until you pointed it out ...soo, I guess I was referring a Reference of a reference without knowing it what it Referred O.o?!

Tron: Uprising is a pretty solid show, as well. Lance Henriksson, my friends, is awesome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here