Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Best Dressed Guys

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Top 5 Best Dressed Guys

Video game guys can sport some pretty ridiculous duds, but these Top 5 Best Dressers are certifiably swoon-worthy!

Watch Video

Speaking of Seinfeld, Jerry, George and Kramer all had hair to die for.

you say "perfecto" XD

sure as fuck I'm taking notes

When I saw the title, I instantly new 47 would be on the list. The man is an impeccable dresser.
Manny was unexpected, but certainly classy.

The notes I've taken so far is either suit up or get a long jacket(whitout brown boobstrap).

I was completely expecting Travis Touchdown to make an appearance, although I guess he's been mentioned a couple of times already so maybe it's just as well to give him a rest.

Part of me will never get over how goofy Ezio's puffy sleeve doublet looks as assassin gear, despite its practicality.

Already there with the trenchcoat... Got a fine collection of them, which I've been building over several years.

If you're going to compile a list of those with the best long coats, I'd suggest Seifer Almasay from FF8 and JC Denton from Deus Ex...

O hey, that video clips from Hitman had Polish subtitles, how that happened? :D

Anyway, nice episode as always!

It wouldn't be a fashion top 5 without an Italian on the list. One day I'll pull off that Ezio costume...

My friend went as Manny for Halloween last year--it was pretty awesome.

DeadlyYellow:
Part of me will never get over how goofy Ezio's puffy sleeve doublet looks as assassin gear, despite its practicality.

It was the Renaissance. Moar puff = moar classy.

*writes on note block* "No boobstraps"... Dammit, I knew I did something wrong!

I thought Tidus' clothes were awesome.....

Jamienra:

Awesome for a goofy anime-style outfit, yes.

unacomn:
When I saw the title, I instantly new 47 would be on the list. The man is an impeccable dresser.

oh i thought you knew 47 would be on the list because he's on the video image? anyway ehh got nothing to say about this

Senaro:

Jamienra:

I think most goofy anime-styled outfits are awesome......
As a lover of anime and JRPG's I may be slightly biased though.

Pupazz:
Already there with the trenchcoat... Got a fine collection of them, which I've been building over several years.

If you're going to compile a list of those with the best long coats, I'd suggest Seifer Almasay from FF8 and JC Denton from Deus Ex...

yeah Seifer did have a awesome long trench coat. I also like Squall's Jacket as well

I think Dante's outfit in DMC4 was his best one.

ravensshade:

unacomn:

oh i thought you knew 47 would be on the list because he's on the video image? anyway ehh got nothing to say about this

It wasn't when they posted >_>

Jamienra:

Senaro:

Jamienra:

I think most goofy anime-styled outfits are awesome......
As a lover of anime and JRPG's I may be slightly biased though.

I'm partial to it as well, though the theme for this one was more "Suave professionalism."

Long jackets...Now where can i get those here?

OT: Did not see Manny coming on to this list. Can't wait for the next top 5 list.

I find it somewhat odd that Dante and Vergil made the list given that it seems like I was just reading how they wanted to radically re-do the character apperances since they looked like complete dweebs. The comment "outside of maybe Japan, there isn't a club Dante could go to dressed like that where he wouldn't be laughed at".

Opinions vary though.

Honestly I think if "The Escapist" is going to bother to do lists like this, they should get a script writer, or hostess, with more of a long-term body of gaming knowlege. With the exception of Grim Fandango, all of those games are pretty new, and/or from continueing franchises. On a lot of levels it seems like a giant advertisement.

I mean, with the entire body of gaming history to draw on, and all of that artwork, it seems kind of odd that 4 out of 5 of those making the list are all from current, ongoing franchises.

If I was going to make top-5 lists, while some current games might get in there, my breadth of experience would probably lead to mentioning a lot of older games, that deserve the recognition for having left an impression with me for the long term. Encouraging people to maybe check some of those out. :)

I'd do all of my shopping there if it was actually called Men's Motherfucking Warehouse.

I want a hitman/grim fandango suit war :D

Nice video

Remember folks, if you get a suit, get both halves(pants and jacket) at the same time, so you can make sure they are the exact same color. If you need help determining this, ask a woman.

Seriously, women actually have the ability to perceive more colors than us menfolk.

I thought we've been over this. Stop it with the hands on the hips thing.

Also, does anyone else wish they had Nathan Drake's green-blue jeans? Those things are fucking awesome.

Dammit, hot AND funny. Look out Yahtzee!!

Yet, the exclusion of Ghosts and Goblins' Arthur and his underpants is absolutely inexcusable!!

Why wasn't bayonetta in this one, if you wanna have a catchphra...catchcharacter, then you gotta use it as often as you can.

Am I the only one who thought of ZZTop's "Sharp Dressed Man" when reading this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_EFdod4YDo&feature=related
EDIT: Alright, screw embed. Just click the damn link, thank you.

manythings:
I've given it four weeks but now I have to ask, why is everyone so retarded for this?

Its quite simple: there is a girl talking about games.

That is all.

ReaperzXIII:

manythings:
I've given it four weeks but now I have to ask, why is everyone so retarded for this?

Its quite simple: there is a girl talking about games.

That is all.

I was really hoping that wasn't just it but I know if that was a guy this never would've gotten a vote.

Great episode, but I'm very disappointed that Link wasn't on that list. Not only is his clothing practical, but it looks pretty damn good as well. Add the chain shirt he wears in Twilight Princess, and throw in the Master Sword/Hylian Shield combo, and there is literally no way he can lose.

/fanboy

Manny's voice doesn't hurt either.

I mean, let's face it, if anyone tried to sound like Manny, you'd just come off as a douche.

standokan:
Why wasn't bayonetta in this one, if you wanna have a catchphra...catchcharacter, then you gotta use it as often as you can.

Fairly sure Bayonetta is not actually a man.

This was a fun video, and the writing is definitely improving - it was snappy and the humour well executed.

There's a bit of repetition in the games being cited, but I think these were fair choices. Most other male characters are either blandly dressed so as not to distract from the background/other characters, dressed in some silly space marine quasi-bondage outfit that tries to channel ninja, some variation on medieval armour, or had a horrible highspeed wardrobe collision (every FF lead, male or female, ever). Or just have horrible fashion sense (Max Payne)or aren't really 'dressed' anyway (Kratos).

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here