Unskippable: Vanquish: Part 1

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Vanquish: Part 1

When a scene opens on an idyllic setting, it's really only a matter of time until it all goes to hell.

Watch Video

its been a while since i posted here on "unskippables"

great episode "Sam Gideon" is badass he uses his cigs to distracts the Russians during combat

MATILDAAAA.

lol who would have thought

great ep as usual guys :)

"My fellow Americans - we are so screwed!"

Nice one this week.

Wow...I got this game for Christmas xD...finished it already as it is kinda sort...enjoyed this one greatly!

Is 'aggression' spelled differently in Canada?

Does Sam sound like Christian Bale's Batman to anyone else?

"...To kick ass and take names, and I'm all out of...name...taking...things..."
"I have a notepad..."
"Yeah, I can...remember some names..."

Good god, that makes five-and-a-half two-parters this year!? O_o
What, they wanna make us wait FOREVER before we get to play these days!?

(By the way, "aggression" is spelled with 2 g's.)

Qabal:
Is 'aggression' spelled differently in Canada?

Nah, that's a typo.

I really didn't expect space Russians... That probably means I'm too optimistic when it comes to video game stories.

That bold dude looks somewhat like Putin :)

Space Russians? Didn't see that coming.

I, too, am hankering for a laserin'.

You know, when a guy with a giant laser threatens to wipe out a major city, your first move should not be to go on live television and tell everyone you're going to counter-attack; there's a good chance they can pick up your signal in space.

we are going to attack every major city on the hour with our giant "laser"
unless you pay us .....*close up* 100 billion dollars!...

That one was great. One of your best unskippables i think. Already anticipating next week!

phoenix352:

Don't you think we should maybe ask for more than a 100 billion dollars? 100 billion dollars isn't exactly a lot of money in these days :D

Don't worry, the whalers on the moon will get those damned space Russians.

Everybody!

We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon!

"Okay, that's a big moon... but the camera's in space, so I think we're okay."

Wow, even doing callbacks to the 100th episode. Still made me chuckle.

Russians using space lasers to blow-up San Fransisco during the administration of a female president? I think Rush Limbaugh just climaxed.
If Julian Assange hadn't released those memos, future Putin wouldn't be such a space emo: "Hillary doesn't like me? I'll show her!"

ZeppMan217:

phoenix352:

Don't you think we should maybe ask for more than a 100 billion dollars? 100 billion dollars isn't exactly a lot of money in these days :D

Okay we'll try again
TAKE 2: We are going to attack every major city on the hour with our giant "laser"
unless you pay us .....*close up* One... billion...Euros!

Really? The bad guys are Russian?

*sigh*

Is it too much to ask for something a little more original?

Next episode has a lot of us questioning the goings-on in shock and confusion. This game seems like a ton of fun but WOW does it not make much sense.

"My fellow Americans - we are so screwed!"

I think that's my favorite line from the whole video, just cracked me up. :D

Honestly though, Space Russian's? That's the best thing you could have come up with?

Rofl, I laughed so hard when he started speaking in the russian accent.
And here I thought there will be a fun giant-laser-hits-SF type of game:<

This game is awesome, but the story is a joke, regardless of cultural barriers. I remember thinking the plot twist was going to become a HUGE game-changer, but it had as much impact as the Wolfenstien '08 plot twist, except every now and then there's an ad for cigarettes.

YES! The dialogue in this game is already hilarious, but the plot needs some serious riffing.

As for the Space Russians, who else would use a space laser to destroy San Fransisco?

Space Danes? Space Belorussians? Space Micronesians? I think not.

I honestly feel more compelled to this futuristic fight, than Estovakia vs. Emmeria :P
even though they also lost a bridge...named Mathilda XD

Graham_LRR:
Next episode has a lot of us questioning the goings-on in shock and confusion. This game seems like a ton of fun but WOW does it not make much sense.

Try the demo it is a lot of fun if a bit Gears of War.

When I first saw the bad guy, it looked like one of the programs from TRON had a lovechild with the bad guys from the first ST:TNG film. Hooboy, does that guy look creepy!

This re-affirms my theory that the only way to play games like these......is to mute the game audio, somehow speed up the cinematic and play the Benny hill theme.
But an unskippable works fine too.

you know what? San Fran has seen worse

Something smells like pork....

That story is.. really.. silly..

Looks like a fun game though. Sheesh, space russians.. and why does everything look rather normal on earth yet there are hundreds of space ships sailing around earth?

Man, I was hoping that there would be a comment like "who spilled all this strawberry jam next to the camera" when I was watching the opening snips and it showed a hand lying in what appeared to me to be jam. It didn't look much like blood. Good episode though. Come back here birds!

I LOVE this game.

mireko:
YES! The dialogue in this game is already hilarious, but the plot needs some serious riffing.

As for the Space Russians, who else would use a space laser to destroy San Fransisco?

Space Danes? Space Belorussians? Space Micronesians? I think not.

Space Giopis!

"You can tell it's the future because the president is a woman instead of a black guy."

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here