RandallJohn:
Am I the only one who LOVED the ending?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine,
Though seen of none save him whose strenuous tongue
Can burst Joy's grape against his palate fine;
His soul shall taste the sadness of her might,
And be among her cloudy trophies hung.

HAHAHAHA the begining killed me i actually thought he would be quiet for the whole video xD

Srdjan Tanaskovic:
At first I thought it would only be a 5 minutes long video where nobody said anything

He almost had he going with that one. I wouldn't put it past him.

Happy holidays.

I'm disapointted, I want my five minutes ofsilent reverance.

Rather enjoyable, but the lack of the usual toss-ins during the end credits kinda of spoiled it for me. It made me think that Yahtzee only authored the first part, and then had the Imps handle the selection and inclusion of the actual quips/analogies/etc.

But again, I'm willing to forgive if only because that was a refreshing change of pace.

Lordofthesuplex:
Yahtzee, I don't need 5 minutes to contemplate how much of a tosser you are like the rest of us. Also the Red Steel 2 quip really isn't that good enough to be on this list. Especially not when the "Go watch my Mario Galaxy 1 review while I just sit here slapping myself" bit from his Mario Galaxy 2 review was funnier. See even in reviews I hate, he still manages to be funny.

Also a better Dead Rising 2 quote to use is "Oh okay, I'll just leave you inside that zombie's mouth for an or two while I go to find an ATM. Hang on there survivor, I forgot, did you say you wanted money or to be punched in the face by flaming boxing gloves because those I've got."

There was a better quote in the SMG2 review, in my opinion. It went: "This is something we used to call an expansion pack, in which Nintendo calls, KA-CHING!" That one had me rolling the first time I heard it.

Instead of watching clips clumsily edited together, I spent 5 minutes in silence contemplating whether Yahtzee's videos have simply dropped in quality or if the novelty of them is starting to wear off, and either way lamenting how I'm not as big a fan of a single source of free entertainment as I used to be.

Then I wondered what it would take for all his internet fans to unexpectedly and violently turn on him, like they did with MySpace.

Then I wondered what the hell I was doing and scoffed a couple of Quality Streets.

I was hoping to hear the Sims 3's chocolate cunnalingus machine quote =[

Also, if your back in the UK... MEET UP WITH REBECCA MAYES!

Okay, here's my analogy:

Saying Zero Punctuation is the best thing on Escapist is like saying sex is the best part of life or that orgasms are the best part of sex. It's all pretty bloody obvious, isn't it?

After seeing the ending, I remember why I don't read books: they're more boring than video games, and MUCH more boring than watching Zero Punctuation.

Geekeric:
Okay, here's my analogy:

Saying Zero Punctuation is the best thing on Escapist is like saying sex is the best part of life or that orgasms are the best part of sex. It's all pretty bloody obvious, isn't it?

*Drinks to that*

He lets his GUN do the talking, and his gun only knows one very loud word!

And it sounds like this "blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Boy I sure do appreciate that yahtzee guy

Picked up the funny quips and I salute you for that.Especially like the "War" ones with "I AM A MONSTER TRUCK THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN!",freaking hilarious.

Anyway,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Mr.Croshaw and to everyone else on Escapist!

It's been a dry month anyway...

This would make for a fun little quiz though: What ZP snark belongs with which game?

Only one I think is missing is Just Cause 2's "why? beats the fuck out of me!". And wasn't that one about "pink shirt? oh no, shit's getting real!" this year too?

Merry Christmas all!! Also have a happy New Year! May you all drink yourselves stupid. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

How dare you Yahtzee trying to have a week off? Your job includes playing video games! I bet I can guess what you're doing right now! If I had your job I would never take a day off and everyday I would be doing overtime, hell screw paying me just give me another game, food and a place to sleep!

Edit: Its like asking for a day off when your job is pleasing the vaginas of the supermodels we send you!

Hmm...so thats what it feels like to rant like Yahtzee...oops wait forgot the vagina joke, done!

/sarcasm

I will admit Im a bit disappointed he didn't get to review Fable 3 before the new year

Impluse_101:
Quote me if you were actually going to comtemplate how awesome he is...cause I was....lol sad face : (

I would. Awesome genius. Though a good throwback to some golden moments in ZP. Loved it regardless.

Best clip show intro ever. I was honestly expecting that it would be just 5 minutes of watching that screen with no audio though, which would have also been funny.

Disappointing.

Crap, some of those I don't remember - now I gotta go rewatch the whole year.

Yay! A Zero Punctuation Marathon while on cold medicine!!

ShadowKatt:
I did not know he had the week off. So it was unexpected, but in a good way I suppose. I found it mildly amusing. Was really kinda looking forward to a review because I haven't heard of...well, anything coming out lately.

You should watch last year's episode. He almost literally told us to fuck off because he was on holiday. Then reminded us that its was summer in one last middle finger to his norther hemisphere fans.

It was a good year, thanks for this it was entertaining.

Haha the video after the actual video is awesome

Next time you promise^Wthreaten to treat us to a five minute silence, be a man and do it.

I utterly prepared for a full 5 minutes of bathing in your glory, I wouldn't put it past Yahtzee at all.

Some great clips I had forgotten, nice way to sum up the year, should be done more often.

lordlillen:
how do you all buggers post comments this fast.
still its better then last year.

They wait for the video to be posted, refreshing every second. And why shouldn't they??

I would have liked to just sit here and appreciate Yahtzee. He deserves it!

haha almost had me at the beginning. I was like "oh...okay well I'll just sit here and wait" lol
but good way to end the year. I've been periodically using that poem on my friends throughout the summer and onward this year

Stylish_Robot:
Only one I think is missing is Just Cause 2's "why? beats the fuck out of me!". And wasn't that one about "pink shirt? oh no, shit's getting real!" this year too?

Don't you mean "Fucked if I know!"? That one is one of my favourites, also, shurikens and lightning and pants on head retarded.

I want my money back! lol jk

ReaperzXIII:

I will admit Im a bit disappointed he didn't get to review Fable 3 before the new year

He "reviewed" it on twitter: "You want a review, here it is: Fable's never been good and 3 doesn't change anything."

Stylish_Robot:

This is kinda like the one I was praying he included too. Pretty sure there's one from the Dante's Inferno video and goes something like "'So what's the point of having two separate experience levels?' you ask. 'Well it's like my right hand on a Sunday night.' I say. 'Why is that?' you ask. 'It beats the fuck out of me!! XD'"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here