Name Game: Luke's Legacy Part 1

Luke's Legacy Part 1

The story behind the man.

Read Full Article

you'd figure with the staggering amount of boredom and free time, he would be more interested.

That's my summer right there.

From what I can tell from this comic, that game store is HUUUUUUUGE

The life he lives is so easy but really not satisfactory. Still, games + making money by interacting with games.

Sounds like an utopia.

If only i could get my current wage for doing almost nothing....

I have worked in a Video Game shop and it is not a breeze. When you're unpacking a processing an average of 70 delivery boxes a day, each containing approximately 200 unsorted games, whilst dealing still with the perpetual influx of hardware... Well, it wasn't as easy as this strip makes out.

You know what I did when I had a break? I went on the shop floor to deal with customers and sort shelves. And when the break was over it was straight back to delivery processing. And this was on a basic 4 hour contract, so I didn't get paid for 90% of my working hours until a month after the due date.

Hehe. Exact reason I worked in the same store for several summers during college. Sounds like a dream until you do it for a while... then the boredom just sucks the life out of you.

Ah laziness repression... always comes back to hit you.

That sounds depressingly familiar...

wait, isn't SHE the new one? How does she know about that but he doesn't? IM CONFUSED!

RejjeN:
wait, isn't SHE the new one? How does she know about that but he doesn't? IM CONFUSED!

Nope, Lando's the new one. Treat yourself and have a read through the old issues.

Mutie:
I have worked in a Video Game shop and it is not a breeze. When you're unpacking a processing an average of 70 delivery boxes a day, each containing approximately 200 unsorted games, whilst dealing still with the perpetual influx of hardware... Well, it wasn't as easy as this strip makes out.

burningdragoon:
Sounds like a dream until you do it for a while... then the boredom just sucks the life out of you.

Clearly you two worked in very different stores.

I really thought that she was the new one, odd...

Well the story wasn't long nor strange...

GaijinAndrew:
Well the story wasn't long nor strange...

Apparently you missed the 'part 1' bit.

If I don't get a job that's my fate too ...

Gawd, this iz so not funnay. I didn't belly-laff or nothing. What kinda gagaday strip is this? *rambles off into the darkness, even though it's 2pm*

He reminds me of...me.

DTWolfwood:
you'd figure with the staggering amount of boredom and free time, he would be more interested.

THANK GOD I GOT INTO COLLEGE RIGHT OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL...

Sorry I had to say that, but mainly because I can honestly say that I might have done either the same thing or something similar. I kinda need the stress and deadlines to keep me working properly.

XP

Is it just me, or does Luke look a bit like James from Extra Credits?

Scarecrow 8:
Is it just me, or does Luke look a bit like James from Extra Credits?

No it's not you. It's the goatee.

I can sense the Force is Strong within that One :|

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or