Unskippable: Vanquish: Part 2

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Vanquish: Part 2

"Vanquish" sounds better than "Space Russians vs the Robot Men", right?

Watch Video

LOL space station shaped like a giant hammer and sickle.

A better space station would be Lenin shaped with laser beams coming out of his eyes.

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!"

Spaceships inside spaceships inside spaceships.

This one was great. Very funny guys. (A lot better then part 1) ^_^

[insert overused Xzbit joke here about spaceships]

LOL at the end with Damnation joke.

Nah, a Stalin ship would be a little more appropriate. The funniest part was the whole rant of spaceships fighting spaceships inside a larger spaceship while half of the spaceship were coming from a slightly smaller spaceship that invaded and entered the larger spaceship.

Brutal Peanut:
"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew!"

Spaceships inside spaceships inside spaceships.

This one was great. Very funny guys. (A lot better then part 1) ^_^

oh no they have spaceships in spaceships shooting down our Spaceships inside spaceships inside spaceships.

Man, space Norwegians would be sweeeet.

But seriously, what gives with the Space-Russians? Can't they have a break from being the bad guy now?

Yay for Boosh!

And space Norwegians? Meh.. We are way to lazy..

And then the space ship being attacked by the space Russians exploded in a massive space explosion of space energy! SPACE!

OT: Nice one. And I would totally go for fighting cyborg Confederates. Enough with the Russians, already!

Also: Yo dawg, I heard you like spaceships...

I'd like to be a tank driver on a submarine. It would be the easiest job ever!

Every space station has an attack corridor, by imperial decree
Space Norwegians? Do they have space reindeer?

Do not mock the glorious peoples space stations of mother Space Russia!

But boy do those space marines suck. I mean, if their assault did go south any faster, they would have hit Space Mexico.

Also:
In Space Russia, spaceship flies into you.

BOOSH! Great ep.

You want space Norwegians, do you? Careful what you wish for.

Our time will come....

Bahh...Space Norwegians. They are nothing compared to Space Swedes!

Great episode! Was more funny then part 1.

I played this game, and I was waiting for you to do the cutscene. It's so good for Unskippable.
The microwave emitter on Providence (the space colony) was meant to beam energy from the solar array down to earth (like in The Bouncer). As afar as using it as a weapon, it's more of terrorist weapon. If you notice, not much of the city was actually destroyed (just the landmarks) but all the people died painful and gruesome deaths. Also, there is gravity because on the inside of the colony, there is a Ringworld/Halo style (albeit far smaller) landscape, using centrifugal force as 'gravity'.

One thing I realized playing the game a second time and watching this is that, if you play the tutorial you meet the main character Sam, tech support Elena and Professor Candide in the tutorial, and kind of get to know them. If you skip the tutorial, then it just kind of throws you in, and you don't really know who they are.

Well, there was this one book I read where it was a revitalized Nazi Germany vs. America. It's ridiculous, considering how much modern Germany hates even talking about that part of their history, but other than that the book was pretty decent.

God Damn! This was one of your best episodes IMO!

Why IS it paved? ARGH!

That's pretty weiord shit.. ^^

Oh noes! RECURSIVE SPACESHIPS!!

And who puts pavement inside a spaceship?

And yeah, just how BIG is that microwave-laser spaceship???

Woha multi layered space ships, that is mind blowing!

The old beardy guy sounds like a David Hayter with laryngitis.

Suki the Cat:
Man, space Norwegians would be sweeeet.

But seriously, what gives with the Space-Russians? Can't they have a break from being the bad guy now?

Unfortunately, they can't. It's in their contract. Same with the Nazis. Perpetual bad guys, as long as computer and video games last. They should have hired a better contract lawyer.

LOL the mud on the hologram thing...that came back to make me laugh out loud again
oh man, good stuff...still think if the Japanese would just have enough self-confidence to cast themselves as the makers of robotic tech power suits (I know the U.S. loves them with games like Halo but even in that canon the armor was made in Korea) and...aliens (like E.T. not the Mexicans =.= it's an American thing but still)

Spaceships inside spaceships inside spaceships... Aaaah, that's giving me a headache! And just how big is that giant space laser-thing anyway? If they can get all those space ships in there it's gotta be bigger than the friggan' Death Star.

...still gotta love that blond chick's outfit though.

Dana22:
The old beardy guy sounds like a David Hayter with laryngitis.

Personally, I thought the younger guy (is he the main character?) sounded like the voice actor was doing his best Solid Snake impression.

Also, you know what would have made that cutscene amazing? If it had been playable.

ForgottenPr0digy:
[insert overused Xzbit joke here about spaceships]

Yo dawg I heard you like spaceships...

Pew! Pew! Recursive spaceships? Only space russians...

HankMan:
Every space station has an attack corridor, by imperial decree
Space Norwegians? Do they have space reindeer?

Nah, nah, space reindeers are so last year, now it's space polarbears with death beams out of their eyes, missiles on the back and flamethrowers out of their mouths...

Space Norwegian Vikings! =)

Hell yeah! Sovjet Norway comin' to stomp yo ass!

"Norwegians in SPAAAAACE" doesn't have the same ring to it.

"Space Russians vs the Robot Men"

No, I think that would be a much better name for a game.

So when do you launch your foley department? You did an awesome job =D

Is it just me, or is the robot at 3:39 clearly from Mass Effect?

I think it was just me but old beard guy seemed like a god-awful knock off of a space marine with that heavy machine gun thing....

Who the hell builds a space station that big with some kind powerful engery thing and thinks that someone won't abuse the hell out of it like it's a broken slot machine?

See that last joke by Paul.... that's the thing? If you're Gonna make a game/movie that has a retarded, cliched story with zero innovation and squeezes all of its entertainment value from ridiculous but fun features like Rocket Knees: Why NOT go all out?

Why not have Russians carve the Moon into a Giant Stalin Head with Laser Eyes, which is attacked by a Giant "pointing Uncle Sam"-shaped Spaceship carrying a DARPA suit with built in Rocket knees, "Grenade Launcher" Launchers and Nuclear-powered Baseball Bats? Why not?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here