Unskippable: Vanquish: Part 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I have absolutely no idea what was going on in that cutscene. None at all.

Sci-fi has corridors in space ships. Do not question the corridors. Related: sci-fi also has giant fans to move air. Do not question the giant fans either. *stern look*

"No wonder you have a bionic arm if you test things by punching them!"

Don't know why, but that cracked me up.

...Wow, I really don't understand why those two fought for... I mean, there really wasn't any cause for the Captain to slash at him and get into that fight, then suddenly make cheesy remarks with the "You're not allowed to smoke on the Ship". Already seems unrealistic, and why IS it Space Russians? They don't even look Russian they look more like... Halo Robots or Genetic altered robots at least... why Russians? But anyways great review and I loved every moment of this of course. I bet this game throws most people off...

OH HEY I have figured out why there are spaceships inside spaceships inside spaceships: Its because its a Russian ship, right? Like those dolls.

therandombear:

HankMan:
Every space station has an attack corridor, by imperial decree
Space Norwegians? Do they have space reindeer?

Nah, nah, space reindeers are so last year, now it's space polarbears with death beams out of their eyes, missiles on the back and flamethrowers out of their mouths...

Space Norwegian Vikings! =)

Imagine the Capital One commercials!

HankMan:

therandombear:

HankMan:
Every space station has an attack corridor, by imperial decree
Space Norwegians? Do they have space reindeer?

Nah, nah, space reindeers are so last year, now it's space polarbears with death beams out of their eyes, missiles on the back and flamethrowers out of their mouths...

Space Norwegian Vikings! =)

Imagine the Capital One commercials!

They already started, here's the mascot...
;)

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here, 'Space Russians Vs. the Robot Men' sounds a lot better than 'Vanquish'. At least it's more accurate.

Truly-A-Lie:

Congratulations, you're a normal human.

Seriously, if ANYONE has a bearing on what is happening in that retarded hail of lasers and spaceships in spaceships in spaceships, then they are truly enlightened.

actuelly this fails on a very fundemental level ... you see (btw. I just checked on the PS3 version) you can skip anytime. I admit having to press start and select at the same time is rather obscure but that doesn't change the fact UNskippable just did a skippable video. Not just any skippable video but a video skippable at will :p

Still laughed at some of it though.

Fighting Norwegians? Why? Ever since the middle ages we have been the second most neutral country in the world - after the Swiss.

Roofstone:
Yay for Boosh!

And space Norwegians? Meh.. We are way to lazy..

Wait, Court-Martials for everyone now.

Wait, wait, wait....did that chick's shirt say "Ivanova" on it? Is that a B5 reference or am I missing something here?

Don't get the "boosh" thing ... but the way you said it was funny.. Great episode!

Ahhh! Lol this was so funny! So many good shots were taken at just how badly the assult was planned. A space ship in a space ship in a space ship, and then there looked to be other space ships in that.

Tanks...IN Space! Could be a SyFy Original Movie.

Cold War in the future? I think it stopped being cold when they blew up a major city with a giant orbital laser.

LadyRhian:

Suki the Cat:
Man, space Norwegians would be sweeeet.

But seriously, what gives with the Space-Russians? Can't they have a break from being the bad guy now?

Unfortunately, they can't. It's in their contract. Same with the Nazis. Perpetual bad guys, as long as computer and video games last. They should have hired a better contract lawyer.

I'm holding onto my dream that Nazis will one day do a face-turn like Pirates and Ninjas.

captaincabbage:

Truly-A-Lie:

Congratulations, you're a normal human.

Seriously, if ANYONE has a bearing on what is happening in that retarded hail of lasers and spaceships in spaceships in spaceships, then they are truly enlightened.

Dream within a dream within a dream has nothing on this spaceship within a spaceship nonsense.

Did Michael Bay direct this videogame?

3nimac:
Don't get the "boosh" thing ... but the way you said it was funny.. Great episode!

Watch their "Haze" video, it is an inside Unskippable reference.

I think that the Giant Space Microwave Death Laser (that was built for peace mind you, it was never meant as a weapon) is just a little bit too big. I mean when spaceships can fly into the large spaceship, not to dock, but to perform a ground assualt, I think that your space ship is wasting too much room. Or maybe that's just how war works in the future. The guns don't fire bullets, they just fire tiny little robots that fight tiny littl robots on the armor of the enemy.

You dawg, I heard you like spaceships so I put a spaceship in yo spaceship so you could launch spaceships while you enter a spaceship.

We need to go deeper.

Norweigans? Do we really want to deal with Space Vikings? Lets stick with Space Russians. We know we can beat them.

I was like, 'Meh, this Unskippable isn't that good an episode', but then, PEW PEW PEW PEW SHOOSH

Why is the inside of the spaceship paved? So you can drive on it, naturally.

1st off: having played this game, I can say that it's not so much 'Space Russians' as it is 'Space Russian Robot'
2nd: a spaceship in a spaceship in a spaceship...that sounds like a 'Space Russian Dolls'
wait...so, it's 'Space Russian Robots' vs. 'Space Russian Dolls'? what is this? the Inorganic Russian Revolution???

pew pew pew XD

You guys should do voice overs :p

UNHchabo:

Dana22:
The old beardy guy sounds like a David Hayter with laryngitis.

Personally, I thought the younger guy (is he the main character?) sounded like the voice actor was doing his best Solid Snake impression.

Also, you know what would have made that cutscene amazing? If it had been playable.

Grizzly Beard is played by Steve Blum, the guy who voices Solid Snake, so you can see how this might come up.

Anyone else notice the brief bit of plagiarism this game pulled from Starship Troopers ?

WiDEEyeDSmILes:
( http://bornoutofbinary.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html thought you guys might find interest)

"The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel."

Well, we might not have Hammer & Sickle Spacestation, but we DO have a Swastika Moon Base...

Kimarous:
Well, we might not have Hammer & Sickle Spacestation, but we DO have a Swastika Moon Base...

If someone does make a game with a Hammer and Sickle Spacestation .... I will by it!
No No ..... wait .... Hammer and Sickle Spacestation vs. Swatika Moon Base vs. What can the Americans have? ... tunneling pentagon?

Dana22:
The old beardy guy sounds like a David Hayter with laryngitis.

All Japanese-written American-impersonating tough guys sound like David Hayter...

"Boosh, Boosh / Stronger than a moose / Don't lock your door or we'll come through your rooftop"

Blizzard already did Space Norwegians. It's called "Lost Vikings."
(yeah, I know there were Vikings places outside Norway, but it's close enough).

What about Space Welsh? Or Galactic Guatemalans?

WiDEEyeDSmILes:
( http://bornoutofbinary.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html thought you guys might find interest)

Dude, blatant unwarranted, unrelated advertising - no :/

OT: one of the best Unskippables for a while, loved it. Also, why do tactics suck so bad in the future?
"We'll fly straight at them, then INTO them, then get shot lots, loose a capital ship and 95% of the crew and troops, then attempt to capture a space station the size of a continent filled with combat robots using the two or three dropships that made it through the swarm of gunboats that would then be swarming the LZ."

"Sounds good to me - I've got rocket knees!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or