Trailers: Crysis 2 Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Crysis 2 Trailer

Set 3 years after the events of the first game, Crysis 2 takes the players into the urban jungle of an evacuated New York City.

Watch Video

I only have one beef with Crysis 2.

Where's the snow and ice?

It was one of my favorite things about the game
There was the small aliens that show ice shards at you. What happened to them? Or all the aliens from the previous game? From E3 till this trailer all the aliens look like generic robots.
I'm still going to get it but there is nothing from Crysis/Warhead that I can see that carried over.

It still all looks rather generic shooterish to me.

Even if it does lose some elements of the old game, it still looks badass. I'll buy it if the reviews aren't too terrible.

Was I the only one who thought WRAITHS at a bout 40 seconds?

Graphics look kinda meh to me, I'm wondering how the Statue of Liberty reaches all the way into the middle of New York, why there's a Banshee from Starcraft 2 and all the chest-high walls which reminds me of Yahtzee's review on Gears 2 xD.

Looks alright, I was hoping for 'it makes me harder,better,faster,stronger' >.> but that was good enough.

Yes I don't like it that much due to one of them writers calling it a 'Halo-Killer'...

shaboinkin:
I'm still going to get it but there is nothing from Crysis/Warhead that I can see that carried over.

That is because crytek is led by a whiny sellout who turned it into cod: halo because that's profitable.

the music hurt my ears >_< it looks ok so far ill reserve judgement til i play it.

The first half of that voiceover bit made me cringe more than a little:

"They say the suit makes me more than a soldier - but it's our only chance to fight against the invasion. It gives me power: To be strong - to be fast - to be invisible."

It just sounds ridiculous.

That's some comically bad monologue and the screeches hurt my ears.

But there was jumping. I like jumping.

Neptunus Hirt:

"They say the suit makes me more than a soldier - but it's our only chance to fight against the invasion. It gives me power: To be strong - to be fast - to be invisible."

I guess they got to break down the whole concept of the game so (dumb) people would be able to understand it

Nice way to get me excited for a 2 weeks old trailer :)
-.-

nine inch nails! woo! :D

Well, this trailer looked really generic and the monologue was simply bad... c'mon, who's gonna really say "... but most importantly... it gave me options".

The graphics looked really good, but so did the first game and I hated it. I'll wait for reviews, but until then, I'm not interested in it.

Am I the only one that LIKED the trailer and didn't put to much thought about HOW THEY DECIDE to do and say things?

jeez people, let's see any of you do better.

Since "supposedly" the CryEngine 3 is more optimized than the last, it should run actually better than Crysis but I don't believe that yet.

VincentX3:
Am I the only one that LIKED the trailer and didn't put to much thought about HOW THEY DECIDE to do and say things?

Since "supposedly" the CryEngine 3 is more optimized than the last, it should run actually better than Crysis but I don't believe that yet.

I actually liked the trailer and the dialog. I do hope it runs better since I can only run Crysis (regular not warhead) on medium.

Hopefully they will stay true to the "It gives me options" bit. I want to chose.

kajinking:

VincentX3:

I actually liked the trailer and the dialog. I do hope it runs better since I can only run Crysis (regular not warhead) on medium.

I can run it around 35-40FPS at very high with my older hardware from 2yrs ago (XP and hacked settings) but I would have to try again now since I just installed Windows 7 and got a giant upgrade since then.

ITT: People trying too hard to be "edgy".

Trailer's good. Now let's hope that the actual game is good.

Okaaaay... firstly, 'be invisible' was a little on the nose, maybe 'be unseen' would have worked better. more importantly, they tried to disguise it but the music going on in the background was the same as that which was used for the 300 promos, though they did all they could to disguise that.

shaboinkin:

Neptunus Hirt:

I guess they got to break down the whole concept of the game so (dumb) people would be able to understand it

They're trying to pull in the console crowd with this one. Can you tell?

Also, why is this game NOT taking place in India? India is a densely populated center of civilization, and close to Korea, the country the last game took place in. How the fuck did they go ALL the way from Korea to NY while skipping over Japan, the Philipines, Hawaii, San Francisco, Mexico, Detroit, DC, Boston, etc. Why did they put it in the most generic place possible? India, hell, CHINA, or Japan, those would have been awesome locales for this game. They could even keep the open island theme with Okinawa or something like that.

Cryek, I get that you want this to be approachable by the dumb frat boys taking pictures of their dicks on XBLA or the stupid five year olds who pretend they rape people's moms, but you don't have to be boring while you do it.

I LOVED Crysis. I'm probably going to try Crysis 2, even. But I'm disappointed. Very, very disappointed in you. I hear you have a professional writer, and you've been working with him from the start. That's pretty good. I'm hoping that pays off.

Anyone else reminded of 300?

THIS. IS. CRYSIS!

crazypsyko666:

shaboinkin:

Neptunus Hirt:

Also, why is this game NOT taking place in India? India is a densely populated center of civilization, and close to Korea, the country the last game took place in. How the fuck did they go ALL the way from Korea to NY while skipping over Japan, the Philipines, Hawaii, San Francisco, Mexico, Detroit, DC, Boston, etc. Why did they put it in the most generic place possible? India, hell, CHINA, or Japan, those would have been awesome locales for this game. They could even keep the open island theme with Okinawa or something like that.

Cryek, I get that you want this to be approachable by the dumb frat boys taking pictures of their dicks on XBLA or the stupid five year olds who pretend they rape people's moms, but you don't have to be boring while you do it.

I LOVED Crysis. I'm probably going to try Crysis 2, even. But I'm disappointed. Very, very disappointed in you. I hear you have a professional writer, and you've been working with him from the start. That's pretty good. I'm hoping that pays off.

I asked the same question when I first heard it was taking place in NYC. Then I noticed the lack of ice which made no sense considering the aliens main attacks were ice based.
The original island had a whole lot more character than a major city that a lot of other games used for a setting.

The more I think about it, the more I start to question if I even want to play the damn game. I'm sure a demo would come out though, so I'll give it a chance

This trailer was quite silly. I hope the real game doesn't use these writers. Otherwise? We be screwed, cap'n. It'll become a wasteland of CryTek physics puzzles and billions of generic alien grunts in NYC. At least they could have picked Anchorage or, I dunno, Madrid. At least the game looked pretty, if generic.

shaboinkin:

crazypsyko666:

shaboinkin:

I asked the same question when I first heard it was taking place in NYC. Then I noticed the lack of ice which made no sense considering the aliens main attacks were ice based.
The original island had a whole lot more character than a major city that a lot of other games used for a setting.

The more I think about it, the more I start to question if I even want to play the damn game. I'm sure a demo would come out though, so I'll give it a chance

I actually watched this video on Gametrailers first, and you know what? They thought it looked AWESOME. They thought the narration was cool, the dialogue, the enemies, and the writing.

UGH.

I swear, I've heard that soundtrack before...

but anyway, since I never really played the original crysis only played it once at my mates place, it was okay, just really a standard FPS, nothing to innovative or special being added to the genre, but I guess some people like that, and we all know of games that tried to add special things to the game to enhance it, but in the end just ended up being a mosh pit of unnorginization with the entire game play being completely based on that mechanic* cough cough* Gears of War *cough cough*

But I guess we will just have to see how crysis 2 plays out, I hope it will have at least something innovative and fun to play around with, just not your average, go in, beat the shit out of everything, sit there waiting for pickup while chomping away at enemies who have whipped cream for armour and mindlessly run straight into your bullets even if you're not aiming at them.

But yeah, we will see.

In response to questions in the thread:
"Why no ice based attacks?" - I'd probably guess they didn't make the aliens use them this time because they figured out they didnt work well enough.

"Why in NYC?" - I'd probably guess they had the aliens attack them because, well the US did strike at them in the first game.

(It's just my opinions, and I'm entirely open to debate that *doesn't* consist entirely of calling me mentally deprived.)

FinalDream:
It still all looks rather generic shooterish to me.

My thoughts exactly. It's a downright beautiful generic shooter, but still a generic shooter.

when the game trailers turn into movie trailer monologues? XD

looks fantastic. Hope they finally realize that poor optimization of their graphics/textures is a poor excuse as to y their game cant be played on ultra high settings <.<

thefreeman0001:
the music hurt my ears >_< it looks ok so far ill reserve judgement til i play it.

It's Nine Inch Nails... it's actually one of my favorite songs, the name is 'Just Like You Imagined.'

They also used it in the original trailer for 300.

I am sad it hurts you ears!

Hellyeah-777:
I swear, I've heard that soundtrack before...

See the above post.

crazypsyko666:

shaboinkin:

Neptunus Hirt:

Surely the aliens would be attacking the entire world, and with him being an American soldier (or at least sounds like one) he would be defending him home turf?

I've got a question. I'm not too tuned into the Crysis universe, never have been, but in a time of huge international alien invasion, don't you think the countries with that kind of tech (epic nano-suit tech, that is) just kind of set aside petty squabbles like prices and money and stuff and just make a million of them?
It just seems to me that if one nano-suit soldier can kick the whole alien regieme up the arse, 65 million could squash the aliens like bugs.

dogstile:

crazypsyko666:

shaboinkin:

Surely the aliens would be attacking the entire world, and with him being an American soldier (or at least sounds like one) he would be defending him home turf?

Ugh, sure I guess. But at that point, they would have dozens upon dozens of possible locations for this game to be played, and of all places, why New York? We all know how important New York is, but it's just so cliche. Hell, the hills of San Francisco would make a much better playground. lots of vertical terrain, sprawling cities, narrow streets littered with cars and similar objects. If they wanted a really gritty level, they could just go about 20 miles to Oakland. Of the entire country, hell, the whole world, why post-apocalyptic New York? Again?

One of my favorite parts of Fallout New Vegas was the fact that it took place in the middle of a nowhere part of the U.S., featuring a city that very few games had previously explored. So haven't these developers got the hint yet? We're still wrecking New York and DC, people. This is ridiculous.

Looks very promising, though all trailers look or seem promising! Still gonna preorder it!
I'm not optimistic about square enix doing the cinematics.
Interesting to see how the new cry engine does in an urban environment. Far Cry 3 coming around the corner?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here