Trailers: Duke Nukem Forever Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Duke Nukem Forever Trailer

A taste of the Duke Nukem that was originally under development by 3D Realms.

Watch Video

I knew that the beginning was far too familiar. With the new Crysis 2 Trailer (new right?) I thought this was a breakthrough >.>

Ah well I remember this one, decent but dated.

meh. I think it will be a MASSIVE disappointment.

This trailer is really old, it's been around for ages.

I'm glad it's finally coming out and I'll be one of the first in the line when it does.

Isn't this trailer from 2007 or something?

Looks good. When is it out?

This is an old trailer considering there is no mention of Gearbox or whoever took over.

KEEP THE DREAM ALIVE FOR THOSE WHO ARE STILL ALIVE!!!!

I really am anticipating this new Duke Nukem because while reading a Playstation magazine, I came across an article for upcoming games that mentioned a 2011 release for Duke Nukem Forever is likely. I got my fingers crossed.

Will spell this out for those who need a bit of assistance: This is the trailer for Duke Nukem Forever made by 3DRealms when it was their property. Yes, this was made a long time ago. Note the comment included:

Team Hollywood:

Watch Video

This is not a trailer for the Gearbox production, as that will be a lot less dated. And a lot more cool.

...Better than the Duke Nukem Trilogy trailer, I guess?

samsonguy920:
Will spell this out for those who need a bit of assistance: This is the trailer for Duke Nukem Forever made by 3DRealms when it was their property. Yes, this was made a long time ago. Note the comment included:

Team Hollywood:

Watch Video

This is not a trailer for the Gearbox production, as that will be a lot less dated. And a lot more cool.

Dated? It looks better than every other FPS to date 0-o

Also this will be an over simplified FPS with regeing health and short small levels, it will suck...but at least it will be released......

I expect Gearbox to surprise people (they make good games), but if this is actually an old 3dRealms trailer, then I bet that footage wasn't made with the in-game engine: it's too polished, considering that it looks more like the Doom3 engine (with its direct usage of Maya and LightWave objects) rather than the Epic Unreal Engine (or 'Warfare') that 3dR was supposedly using-- and blaming for all the delays.

Still, it's the Duke. They've got my money just on nostalgia alone.

Oh for fucks sake... what was Gearbox thinking buying the project? It has been over a decade since the last Duke Nukem game, and there has since been titles that are infinitely better than the original series. There is no chance in hell that this game will be anything more than just another bland FPS that will be dumped into the growing pile of failed ambition with games like Haze, Halo 3: ODST, and The Conduit.

isnt this an old trailer?

ZippyDSMlee:

samsonguy920:

Team Hollywood:

Watch Video

Also this will be an over simplified FPS with regeing health and short small levels, it will suck...but at least it will be released......

I agree that it does look good, but one has to wonder which engine that trailer was made from(if it was even made off a game trailer. Knowing 3DRealms and their bull they were throwing around...).
And I wouldn't sell Gearbox short. I am just about willing we are in for some pleasant surprises.

samsonguy920:

ZippyDSMlee:

samsonguy920:

I agree that it does look good, but one has to wonder which engine that trailer was made from(if it was even made off a game trailer. Knowing 3DRealms and their bull they were throwing around...).
And I wouldn't sell Gearbox short. I am just about willing we are in for some pleasant surprises.

Probably using dev hardware and not a scaled down game engine, they do that alot for trailers.

I dunno Everyone from ID to Value to Epic just break their awesome games into dim poorly thought out half assed mediocre meh, I really have o hope left for the game being great, above average it should be but even then thats not saying much...

Huh, broken video again... not a good sign of thigns to come.

Cannot find clip.

WTF

Can't view either here.

Always bet on the duke!

Why the old thing? Just to celebrate the likely 2011 release?

At least this trailer makes me appreciate Gearbox'es work a lot more.

ZippyDSMlee:

samsonguy920:

ZippyDSMlee:

Probably using dev hardware and not a scaled down game engine, they do that alot for trailers.

I dunno Everyone from ID to Value to Epic just break their awesome games into dim poorly thought out half assed mediocre meh, I really have o hope left for the game being great, above average it should be but even then thats not saying much...

As long as it's not another cookie-cutter clone of Call of Duty, which really really really ^100 is not likely, and has every feel of the Duke to it, I will be overjoyed.

I only have this to say:

TROLOLOLOLOLOLO Trolololuu~

*Daa da da da Daat da*

Looks like a super buff Homer Simpson.

why the repost of the same trailer that was on here months ago?

fail escapist.

I find it sad that 3D realms was working on this for what? 12 years? and then went belly-up. later Gearbox came along and picked up the project and will release it by the end of next year, meaning that they put it together from scratch in about 1.5 years.

Wow! an utterly generic promo that tells us nothing! Who's surprised?

I think this game is gonna sell massivley just because people have never heard of a game taking 12 years to develop and people are just going to want to see what all the fuss was about, personally if the price isn't too hefty on the game 150+ I will definitely see what took so long.

Personally I love the soundtrack of this trailer from :38 onward

Why did the video ask for my age? I mean, nothing happened except Duke flexing his muscles and delivering a lame one liner at the end.

I cannot wait until this comes out...actually, I just want to see Yahtzee rip this apart!

WaderiAAA:
...delivering a lame one liner at the end.

I dunno, I thought it was clever...with all the anticipation and the "when you see it, you will shit bricks" meme. Got a chuckle from me at least.

Don't know what everyone is so excited about though. The best Duke Nukem games have been abandonware for years now.

icypain:
meh. I think it will be a MASSIVE disappointment.

Even if it was the best game ever, its been in development for 14 year...the hype is to immense.

samsonguy920:

ZippyDSMlee:

samsonguy920:

As long as it's not another cookie-cutter clone of Call of Duty, which really really really ^100 is not likely, and has every feel of the Duke to it, I will be overjoyed.

I suppose but I bet it will be mediocre >>

God the graphics are amazing! for like several years back! XD

still ♥

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook