Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Creepiest Giant Spiders

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

"Trade in Black Ops for Castlevania" Damn, I think I'm in love. Awesome Top 5 anyways :P

I'm not really sure why some users are bitching so much about this show. The top 5's are just light hearted fun, the show not trying to be another extra credits and beside why would you want another extra credits. When the guys who do that show already do a great job. I'm enjoying the top 5's and look forward to seeing more, I have to said the creepiest spider for me was from limbo.

I'm pretty sure most people are calling her a bimbo due to her outfit choices, which is just sad. It shouldn't matter what any presenter wears.

List fail for not including the spiders from System Shock 2.

Granted they're not as BIG as the other spiders on the list (though they are larger than normal spiders, so they should totally count), but what other game had spiders so scary the developers released a patch to REMOVE them from the game entirely?

That's right: no other game. System Shock 2 pwns this list.

Spiders from Dark Messiah were pretty freaky. They were about the size of a big dog, and would hide in the shadows inside huts waiting for you...just like real spiders do. And these huts were thousands of feet up on the side of a mountain, so if you freaked and jumped out the door you'd probably die.

interspark:

HideYourSouls:
It should be noted that the spider's eye in Twilight actually was another spider, which was creepy...

i dont think it was, i just think the eye was also it's brain, meaning it could live on even after the body is crushed, even if it has to be carried around by it's babies

edit: if you talk to midna during the eye bit, she says something alng the lines of it being a persistant bug

Of course I am not familiar with fictional arachnids out of a fantasy based game-series, but the damn thing did have legs of itself, I consider it another spider..

PK2k9:
People calling Lisa hot. Lmao. Get out more.

People who can't accept personal preference. LMAO. Grow up.

Anyway, great episode Lisa. Keep up the good work.

While the subject didn't sound too interesting, this prove to be my favorite episode of the series so far.

The Spetsnatz reference was great and I loved the Hall Of The Mountain King on the background.

As for the creepiest spider, I'd choose the one from Dragon Age: Origins (PC version). She was called Broodmother, if I remember correctly. One of the couple points where I've absolutely had to lower the difficulty from normal to easy.

Never had a console and never played any of the games on the list.

Why are people getting bounced for saying they don't like the show where as people who say PERVERTED Tthings (about Lisa) are allowed to keep posting?!

OT: Why werent the tekkies or the Skulltulas listed?

Daedalus1942:
I wouldn't be surprised if Lisa's the one doing all the banning and suspension.
It says alot about her character and insecurities, IF this is actually the case.
if not, disregard this post.
-Tabs<3-

Lisa is a content producer, not a moderator, in the same way that Yahtzee and Graham Stark don't moderate this site. She has no powers in looking after the forums, only in the uploading of her own content. Forum moderation is left to us Red Guard and the Themis Staff.

Zombie_Fish:

Daedalus1942:
It says alot about her character and insecurities, IF this is actually the case.
-Tabs<3-

Lisa is a content producer, not a moderator, in the same way that Yahtzee and Graham Stark don't moderate this site. She has no powers in looking after the forums, only in the uploading of her own content. Forum moderation is left to us Red Guard and the Themis Staff.

Henceforth why I put "if not, disregard this post".
I didn't know for sure, it was merely if this was the case, now I know it's not.
-Tabs<3-

Signa:
Someone hasn't been gaming long enough. Thief 1 had spiders that trumped all those spiders despite their embarrassingly low polycounts. I still get goosebumps when I'm fighting them and they jump behind me so I can't hit them.

Oh god, don't remind me... in that attic on the Dock level. Those things freaked the goddamn crap out of me, so hard to kill and the noises... *shudder* I led them all into the water to escape them xD
Also, to be honest I'll be surprised if Lisa actuallly has played half of the games (if any) she mentions. Hell, she's probably not even a gamer, just eye-candy.
-Tabs<3-

Dropped those 2 guys, well mostly: Check
Better choice of subject: Check
Improved Presentation: Check
A more entertaining introduction: Check

Good work. This show is improving

+10,000 internets for using the spider from here

The more I watch this series the more I like it

Hence

Daedalus1942:

Zombie_Fish:

Daedalus1942:
-Tabs<3-

Henceforth why I put "if not, disregard this post".
I didn't know for sure, it was merely if this was the case, now I know it's not.
-Tabs<3-

Hence, not henceforth which means from here on out.

Good video, that Limbo spider? Creeps me the hell out for certain. I was watching a video on limbo...just...ergh...

Also, do people get so riled at other people putting their videos up or is it just cos it's a blond chick, my god, not like there's many of them around...

Elesar:
You don't like spiders?

Don't look up Ungoliant on google images. Trust me on that.

That thing is epic! :3 Spiders FTW.

I don't know, I was terrified by the giant spider in Code Veronica when it was UNDER the ice, let alone when I had to fight it.

bultuit84:
getting a serious fetish for hot girls swearing now

Wow, I am not the only one who has this. I really wish she would uncensor her vids XD

kara_bulut:
Lisa was not wrong

Scorpions are actually spiders because they have 8 legs.
That's what biology says anyway.

I'm sorry, my eye was twitching too much.

Scorpians and Spiders are arachnids. Arachnids are not necessarily spiders. It is the same thing as saying that a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't (necessarily) a square.

Mazty:

alex8039:

Mazty:

But who are you to deem what is garbage and what is not? Are you a renown critic or industry publisher?

A viewer with the ability to analyze what he saw? How does being a renown critic make the slightest difference? They start out as nobodies, and their opinions gain more weight as their notoriety goes up, nothing more to it.

A dog can analyse what it saw. The question is why should your opinion be worth anything? Being a renown critic usually implies (less on the internet, more in magazines such as Empire etc) that the critic has a lot of knowledge and experience, as well as being unbiased, when making comments. E.g. can say a film is good without having actually liked it due to personal preference.

Did you just compare a human to a dog? Seriously?

A dog looks at a piece of meat and thinks "Hungry: Yes, eat, No, don't eat. Play: No, tired. Ignore".

A human can look at the same piece of meat and analyse it to the point where we have it's molecular structure, description, artistic reproduction..

Your arguments are also stupid, the response by alex8039 made a very good point which you completely ignored. Critics are simply one of the faceless masses whose opinions people have learned to trust. They start out with what.. A Facebook post? A Tweet? Then as they gain notoriety they make their own blog, appear in magazines, on TV.

Granted, the person you slammed may not be someone who is yet at that level. But they have an opinion, I managed to learn something long ago which is everybody is entitled to their opinion. Within reason. If it's a movie, a video. They can think whatever they want, just like you can think whatever you want. But note the within reason. You have no right to smash someone on a whim, on their opinion of a video.

For example, my conclusion from this is that you're a fucking retard. However, because I think it is no need to go post your comments around my Facebook, etc and show people that you're self absorbed. You may disagree with their opinion or with mine, in which case ignore them. Do not say a single word. There's no need to, especially over a video.

Gods, I agree with you. The video wasn't completely garbage, I got a new game to look at from it. I didn't like her presentation, but that's besides the point. However, comparing their opinion to a dogs is low dude.

Pyromania192:

Spinwhiz:

Mackheath:
I kept my silence throughout this listing thing, but I am pretty darn tired of it. It's not funny, its not interesting, its not even remotely worth watching. It's the kind of MySpace garbage I came to this site to get away from. And now the Escapist fawns on it. -_-

Also...

What he said. And getting suspended for his blunt honesty-quite frankly- is quite sickening.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct

The rules are the rules.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but no one is entitled to attack others for sharing, or not sharing, that opinion.

Yes, the rules are rules. These gentlemen have done little than put forward their opinion that does not shower the video in praise. They have not verbally abused anyone and are being mature about it.

It seems to me that the mods who suspended the posters who arent all smiles and happiness are in violation of the very rules they are trying to uphold. Clamping down on free speach so that the community rings out with only one voice is attacking those who dont share it.

Mods are subjective. Not praise = ban.

Mods are still people, so of course their biased. Just because it's The Escapist doesn't mean anything. However, they're mods. What little respect we have left should be directed to them simply because, well, they're mods. Suck up or perma ban. :P

Bets this post is hammered. ^ ^

My goodness, she's so hot. :D

Funny stuff...good episode

Objection! Castlevania lords of shadow isn't unique enough to warrant a buy just for a spider not to mention it pretty much shits all over the previous castlevania storylines. The game should be renamed generic medievil 3D beatemup or something because that's all it is with a castlevania label slapped on =P

I see through your tricks maim, and although I can't comment on why the angry joe thing didn't work out since you seem to have vanished from there, I do know you're going for style over substance and that's not gonna fly with me.

Cyberjester:

Mazty:

alex8039:

A viewer with the ability to analyze what he saw? How does being a renown critic make the slightest difference? They start out as nobodies, and their opinions gain more weight as their notoriety goes up, nothing more to it.

A dog can analyse what it saw. The question is why should your opinion be worth anything? Being a renown critic usually implies (less on the internet, more in magazines such as Empire etc) that the critic has a lot of knowledge and experience, as well as being unbiased, when making comments. E.g. can say a film is good without having actually liked it due to personal preference.

Did you just compare a human to a dog? Seriously?

A dog looks at a piece of meat and thinks "Hungry: Yes, eat, No, don't eat. Play: No, tired. Ignore".

A human can look at the same piece of meat and analyse it to the point where we have it's molecular structure, description, artistic reproduction..

Your arguments are also stupid, the response by alex8039 made a very good point which you completely ignored. Critics are simply one of the faceless masses whose opinions people have learned to trust. They start out with what.. A Facebook post? A Tweet? Then as they gain notoriety they make their own blog, appear in magazines, on TV.

Granted, the person you slammed may not be someone who is yet at that level. But they have an opinion, I managed to learn something long ago which is everybody is entitled to their opinion. Within reason. If it's a movie, a video. They can think whatever they want, just like you can think whatever you want. But note the within reason. You have no right to smash someone on a whim, on their opinion of a video.

For example, my conclusion from this is that you're a fucking retard. However, because I think it is no need to go post your comments around my Facebook, etc and show people that you're self absorbed. You may disagree with their opinion or with mine, in which case ignore them. Do not say a single word. There's no need to, especially over a video.

Gods, I agree with you. The video wasn't completely garbage, I got a new game to look at from it. I didn't like her presentation, but that's besides the point. However, comparing their opinion to a dogs is low dude.

"Ah f**k man luk at dat! F**kin' Nike trainee's! Gotta gimme sum o' dem!"
That really any different to a dog?
I'm not saying a human is limited to the thinking of a dog, but they can be as simplistic as a dog at times hence why you have to always give substance to an argument.
My argument is not stupid as you so delicately say, it's completely right and if you get yourself a higher education you would learn that I am right, or enjoy failing university.
Do you really think reviewers for Empire and acclaimed magazines started on facebook or twitter? Let's see - no because those things are fairly new. Try student newspapers, local papers, smaller magazines etc then building up to a better position.
You are only entitled to an opinion if you can back it up with logic. Saying "cuz i say so" isn't a reason, but conceited nonsense. This isn't about rights, please drop that liberal bullsh*t term. If someone doesn't give substance to their view, I can point it out. It is as simple as that.
What the hell are you on about "posting around facebook being self-absorbed?" And with the retard comment are you wanting to be suspended??

If you can't see how a view without substance is utterly pointless and no better than an animal, the education system has failed you.

Elesar:
You don't like spiders?

Don't look up Ungoliant on google images. Trust me on that.

Omg, that is awesome!

Epic spiders!

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Creepiest Giant Spiders

If you're squeamish, look away! Lisa recounts the Top 5 creepiest giant video game spiders.

Watch Video

It's important to note that none of the Spider-Women (Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Mattie Franklin, Charlotte Witter or Veranke) were actually bitten by a spider. Double check your geek facts please.

This one scares me most of all, especially since I don't have a high defense against magic or magical spiders.

Nerdfury:
So it appears to me that anyone who mentioned not liking this series gets suspended or put on probation. Nice.

If you are critical yet not constructive in your posting of site content (as in, coming in here JUST to be a jerk and speak negatively about the show) then you will get moderator attention. The bad kind. If you use constructive criticism and are polite when you post, you will be fine. Most people who were suspended beforehand had prior offenses. :)

Just wanted to clear that up to anyone who is unsure of how this works. :D

Pyode:

PK2k9:
People calling Lisa hot. Lmao. Get out more.

People who can't accept personal preference. LMAO. Grow up.

Anyway, great episode Lisa. Keep up the good work.

Not a personal preference mate. Whatever I say is fact.

Must show video to sister

-M

Yikes! that Limbo spider really creeped me out

I'm Kinda Sad that none of the Giant Spiders in The Resident Evil Games made it into the Top 5... I mean those things freaked me out when I first saw them lol

PurpleTartan:
I'm Kinda Sad that none of the Giant Spiders in The Resident Evil Games made it into the Top 5... I mean those things freaked me out when I first saw them lol

But... but...

What about the Resident Evil Spiders o_o;;

They scared the be-jesus outta me when the first game came out ;-;

EDIT: Ack, ninja'd a week in advance! That'll show me for clicking the comments link on the video page and insta posting :o

poor poor spiders... and to think they help our ecosystem off mosquitos and shit.

sorry but i just have to say this, you said that the spider in dmc grows a tail and looks more like a scorpion and this makes him a spider scorpion hybrid but scorpions and spiders are both arachnids, a scorpion is essentially a spider with a tail that stings and (correct me if im wrong) an exoskeleton.
so yea not as much distinction between scorps and spiders ass you may think.

I just KNEW LIMBO was going to be on here. That fucking spider made me shit my self!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here