Shamus Plays: WoW #11: What? More Work?

Shamus Plays: WoW #11: What? More Work?

Norman and Gobstab kill another pig, only this time it's a crime.

Read Full Article

Can't help but wonder if Norman is just going to go full circle and actually become evil. This is the first real time he has "knowingly" done something evil.

Is Norman actually getting any stronger though? I have been wondering because all we seem to hear about is burning flesh. I would actually like to see how he would fair in a real boss fight. One of those big fellows in a real dungeon with a small group. Wish we could see him join a guild for laughs.

O that last quest is fantastic thats the kind of quest i like! killing a dude to cover up your own crimes XD

I know you are meant to be covering your own crimes.....but isn't that Princess' head mounted on his wall?

crotalidian:
I know you are meant to be covering your own crimes.....but isn't that Princess' head mounted on his wall?

Maybe it's the lighting, but it looks too dark.

Still, I like the logic. Pig died, guy has a pig head on his wall, guy killed pig, kill guy.

I never noticed that before, although, I don't remember the quest at all. Not even sure if it was in the game back when I played through there.

Funny stuff tho!

The line "Genius, you are waisting for yourself" is brilliant. Keep them coming Shamus!

Having never done ANYTHING on the Alliance side, I love laughing at the ridiculous stuff going on there, but I hesitate to wonder what ludicrous crimes of questing have been going on in the horde side.

I will say, there used to be a long line of quests in Orgrimmar leading to the first dungeon that involved the Burning Blade, and one significant part of the quest line required you to infiltrate a secret cult that is hiding in Orgrimmar. You talk with the guy, learn all his stupid secrets, and proceed to a dungeon in which you pretty much entirely wipe out the cult there. Except for that one guy. Who is there forever. And we all just pretend he wasn't there to bring us down. Now, with the phasing technology in Cataclysm they made a new, similar quest involving different characters... but that other guy is STILL THERE. And you can't even pretend like Hellscream is a keep-your-enemies-closer type guy, or even a I-have-any-amount-of-compassion-at-all type of guy. Madness!

Neeru Fireblade, you are the Horde's stupid little secret.

(By the way. His name is Fireblade. He works with the Burning Blade. How he managed to infiltrate our fair city is a rather telling tale of incompetence and failed background checks, I assume.)

I find this series to be far more enjoyable than WoW itself.

Note: I have indeed played WoW. A long time ago. Up to maybe level 37. It's not really my thing.

This series just keeps getting better and better. The best part is Norman constantly trying to explain away how lazy and/or incompetent the guards are. Seeing how he's such a goody two-shoes, it leads me to wonder why he chose to become a warlock (or was that touched upon? I forget).

Side note: Killing off James Clark because of the death of Princess must be one of the new quests, because I don't remember doing that on any character I've taken through Elwynn.

Killing James Clark is, indeed, a Cataclysm addition, as is the convenient timing that puts Princess right in front of you when she "MUST DIE". The old quest had you running all the way to the pumpkin farm just to kill Princess and then running all the way back.

Saying sorry to someone before you murder them? Is Norman Canadian?
And what's a bear?

Going to Westfall, I take it? Bash Horatio Lane in the face for me!

The human area wasn't the only wacky one. Does Teldrassil still have that Satyr that gives you quests, even as your night elf swears undying vengeance against the Legion?

This series is pretty much the reason I got back into WoW haha.
And it's one of the 2 reasons I even bother checkin the Escapist (Shamus and the news)
Now it's time to find more ridiculous quests!

You going to Westfall? Won't the game try to hijack the narrative?

I'm a little confused about one thing. Sure he didn't kill the pig but it listed a bunch of other stuff like robbery, arson and murder so he's not guilty of killing the pig, who cares?

Patrick Dare:
I'm a little confused about one thing. Sure he didn't kill the pig but it listed a bunch of other stuff like robbery, arson and murder so he's not guilty of killing the pig, who cares?

Norman's apprehension comes from how he's well aware of the fact that he isn't guilty of killing the pig so it stems to shadowing the validity of his crimes with doubt too. If group A excuses B of X, Y & Z and C knows Z isn't true, C's immediate reaction would be to think that X & Y aren't true either.

Also, enjoying this series and wish the weeks would pass by faster so I could get more. Keep up the good work!

This was the most clever one yet.

If listing the disappearance of Princess is a new addition for Cataclysm, then you have to think the false accusation is on purpose, right?

Nice one Norman. He's really starting to be less of a sissy now.

I must say, this has become my favourite read here on the escapist. the charachter development is good, the humour is exellent and I can't wait to see where this goes.

Yessss. I'm looking forward to the insanity of Westfall being properly satirized.

And these are the good guys, eh? Hilarious!

coldfrog:
(By the way. His name is Fireblade. He works with the Burning Blade. How he managed to infiltrate our fair city is a rather telling tale of incompetence and failed background checks, I assume.)

It would have fooled me. What are the odds a guy named Fireblade happens to work with the Burning Blade? That's like finding a blacksmith named Smith Black.

is it just me, or does norman remind anyone else of a cross between Brutha (small Gods, discworld) and Rincewind (discworld)

I didn't know that quest is a cover-up. My human warlock must be overjoyed to hear that.

Optimystic:
The human area wasn't the only wacky one. Does Teldrassil still have that Satyr that gives you quests, even as your night elf swears undying vengeance against the Legion?

Yes, he's still gives you quest and you still turn him into a toad.

Orekoya:

Patrick Dare:

Norman's apprehension comes from how he's well aware of the fact that he isn't guilty of killing the pig so it stems to shadowing the validity of his crimes with doubt too. If group A excuses B of X, Y & Z and C knows Z isn't true, C's immediate reaction would be to think that X & Y aren't true either.

Also, enjoying this series and wish the weeks would pass by faster so I could get more. Keep up the good work!

Ah, but the difference is, (I'm assuming the description in the image is the actual thing)it says he's a "suspect" but it doesn't say he's guilty of it, whereas the others don't note him as being a suspect of them and thus probably has actual evidence against him on those things... (I assume he's a suspect because... well look at the things he's done...)

Ok, don't ask me why I posted that but whatever... er, OT, Love the series, and it's nice to see the crazy stupid quests that seem to populate the WOW universe, If only the made sense.

soulfire130:
I didn't know that quest is a cover-up. My human warlock must be overjoyed to hear that.

Optimystic:

And then you kill him in Darkshore.

SomethingAmazing:

soulfire130:

Optimystic:

And then you kill him in Darkshore.

And then there is yet another satyr in Ashenvale whom you do a short quest chain for to turn him into a human. While I usually wouldn't bat an eye at this sort of thing, he acts like a complete douche while he is a satyr.

EDIT: The satyr in question here is sitting in the middle of a night elf camp that is constantly being attacked by orcs.

Altar:

Orekoya:

Patrick Dare:

Ah, but the difference is, (I'm assuming the description in the image is the actual thing)it says he's a "suspect" but it doesn't say he's guilty of it, whereas the others don't note him as being a suspect of them and thus probably has actual evidence against him on those things... (I assume he's a suspect because... well look at the things he's done...)

Ok, don't ask me why I posted that but whatever... er, OT, Love the series, and it's nice to see the crazy stupid quests that seem to populate the WOW universe, If only the made sense.

I agree with you on that, but the thing is: in Norman's eyes those guards have become shiftless liars who won't lift a finger to save people five feet away because it would interrupt their duty of patrolling. What constitutes a man being guilty in their eyes?

Anybody else notice that James has Princess' head on his wall. Seems like if he didn't want to get blamed he shouldn't have mounted the prize Sow's head in a house with no door.

The human starting area the most mundane boringness dealing with the problems of farmers. It doesn't really get any better until you get to Duskwood.

Elf starting area

"You must quest across all the lands to find the sacred moon tears the ancient oracle prophesied that will prevent the demonic corruption threatening to engulf our civilization!"

Human starting area

"I lost my pig, help me find it"

And most of the dwarf quests revolve around delivering beer.

Oh man, I just had that problem with the bears on another quest the other day. Dang Hillsbrad Stags. This is just getting better to me, since I've started getting to playing WoW a bit more.

Migratingchimp:
Anybody else notice that James has Princess' head on his wall. Seems like if he didn't want to get blamed he shouldn't have mounted the prize Sow's head in a house with no door.

Princess is grey and has two husks, the head on the wall is brown and has four tusks, so that isn't Princess, just some boar.

so norman is traveling to westfall its a step up in conflict thats for sure but its nothing compared to the undead starting zone that is a huge huge step up in conflict.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here