Another Decade of Tabletop Gaming!

Pages PREV 1 2

Archon:

Wow.

I certainly can't claim to be anything but nerdy, but I have no idea why you think I wrote fan fiction.

The end of the article is you becoming a best selling author and your magazine becoming a cultural icon after having survived the Mayan Apocalypse, I use 'fan fiction' pretty broad in this case, more like 'wish fulfillment fiction'. Which is funny for the same reasons.

Irony's Acolyte:

Well I know for a fact that there is already virtual tabletop programs out there. In fact there's even a group here at the Escapist which is dedicated to playing online "pen-and-paper" RPGs. Its pretty convenient for those that don't have a local group to play with and a bonus for those that do.

Although you're probably right that they'll get even more popular. People will still get together to play games like this, its part of the experience; but just like multiplayer in video games, playing online can be worlds more convenient.

Yeah I've looked into these online tabletops but it wasn't easy to find a group playing, and I don't have time at the moment to dedicate to this.

Descent: journey's in the dark is a great cooperative dungeon crawler if you guys haven't played it.

I've thinking about joining a group again recently actually. I miss the flexibility and atmosphere which only tabletop gaming offers.

Archon:

TheWeis:

Archon:
Don't be silly. These "videogames" are just a fad for the kids. I guarantee you that by the decade's end, more people will be playing D&D than World of Warcraft or Left for Dead. Want to bet?

Are you kidding? Do you really think video games are a fad? I certainly hope not if you're a writer for the escapist, because I assume a person who submits a column here would watch or read the other content being put up here. Video games aren't going away.

So yes, $20 says D&D shrinks further or goes digital while video games grow.

My bet was that more people will be playing D&D than Wow or LFD. Think it through.

You are willing to bet that more people will be playing Dungeons and Dragons than WoW/L4D by 2019/2020?

I'll take that bet, or my name isn't Captain Technicality!

Archon:
Only on The Escapist does an article featuring a naked girl laying on a Satanic altar lead to a debate about the calendar. :-|

Oh man, that's awesome!

Amnestic:
[quote="Archon" post="6.254947.9551254"]

You are willing to bet that more people will be playing Dungeons and Dragons than WoW/L4D by 2019/2020?

I'll take that bet, or my name isn't Captain Technicality!

Thanks for getting my joke and responding in turn :)

Anacortian:
What a beautiful dream. I am, however, taking you at your word for the 2013 release date of your book. Let me know when I can pre-order it.

/This.

I want this book and I demand kickass illustrations.
Illustrations filled with half-dressed females and demonic symbols.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here