Overview: Lego Universe

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Overview: Lego Universe

If you build it, they will come.

Read Full Article

Hmmm, saw this in the shop the other day, curious, used to play with lego all the time as a kid. But as much as i love Being able to build and show off(Minecraft addict).Sounds intresting, Dont think i could really afford another MMO at the moment.

Lego! Yay.

Shame I already spashed out on minecraft.

good im not the only one who thought "Lego Minecraft"

If this is F2P i'll try it. Otherwise, :(

John Funk:
Read Full Article

But then I visited some of the most highly-rated player spaces. I saw castles that stretched upwards for hundreds of Lego-feet, ancient-Japan-themed mazes, and sites that took full advantage of the game's trigger functionality. When you ride a plane into the air, type "crash land" into chat and watch it spin and burst into Lego bits, there's no denying that this sort of thing is really, really cool ... as long as it's in the right hands.

I will now be taking bets on how long it'll take some dickhead to recreate 9/11 and create a media furore about how Lego promotes terrorism. Any takers?

DTWolfwood:
good im not the only one who thought "Lego Minecraft"

If this is F2P i'll try it. Otherwise, :(

It's P2P, so you're in the same boat as me....no. Which is sad, I love legos and I want to play it so bad.

Minecraft for babies???

i would buy it, but i don't like having to keep paying in order to keep a game.
P2P is like paying $5 for a burger, then having to pay another $1 each time you take a bite,
as well as each minute it takes to digest it.
not fun.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
Minecraft for babies???

and thou art highly ill informed.

SonicWaffle:

John Funk:
Read Full Article

But then I visited some of the most highly-rated player spaces. I saw castles that stretched upwards for hundreds of Lego-feet, ancient-Japan-themed mazes, and sites that took full advantage of the game's trigger functionality. When you ride a plane into the air, type "crash land" into chat and watch it spin and burst into Lego bits, there's no denying that this sort of thing is really, really cool ... as long as it's in the right hands.

I will now be taking bets on how long it'll take some dickhead to recreate 9/11 and create a media furore about how Lego promotes terrorism. Any takers?

If that's really the first thing that came to your mind when you heard they can make anything they want that makes me sad.

Sounds good to me, too bad I can't afford to play an MMO right now.

Hmmm, so it is like Roblox with better graphics. Though I wonder how truly customizable each person's space is. Because if you know how to script and other fancy computer graphic and game coding, you can make pretty much anything in Roblox that does just about anything. I've seen Stargates that work and take players to other places when you dial the right address(different places with different addresses), and a working TARDIS that materializes and then the player gets in it and travels to other places. And that stuff is created by players.

I'll be impressed with Lego Universe, if it does everything that Roblox does, but also deals with the lag that is a major problem that Roblox hasn't dealt with.

So in terms of the actual gameplay side of that game, how does that work? Are there actual "classes" that effect battle, move speed, jumps, ect.(I saw you looked like a samurai)?

I might consider this, I absolutely loved LEGO as a child. I still have about 6 full crates in my wardrobe, with each 'class' of brick divided into each one. But then again, I could just play LEGO.

I love legos. I always have. Part of me just wants to "squeee" everytime i see them.

But.... i dont want to pay 40 bucks for the game, and then another 15 every month there after.

if i do end up buying this game im going to make a robot statue and ill call it john.

I'm playing with getting in. Any word on what the different factions are like Funk? A little hint, just to get a taste?

I actually enjoyed my time with this game and its achievement-focused gameplay, but I do wish that there was a virtual lego builder you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for.

This reminded me of how when I was young I had a huge bucket of BLOC pieces and a tiny set of Lego pieces so I was sure Lego was the cheap useless knockoff.

The game seems more interesting than one might think, but does it do anything Minecraft doesn't?

When I saw the video I thought of minecraft, but its pay to play so screw that.

I enjoy Lego games, but I think its really hard to screw up lego.

That being said, i love Lego games that let your build. Gives me my excuse to make a Mission next to a Wooden Cowboy fort next to a Medievil castle. So its needless to say I wanted to play... but then I saw it was P2P. Which made me sad. Then made me rage. Then made me go home, bust out my legos and do it on my bed and turn into a five year old.

I would be interested if they ever added a Bionicle expansion pack. Other than that, I've had a VERY limited experience with Lego aside from the movie games. The P2P aspect isn't much of a turnon, either. I may consider it in the future, but not now.

I said this when they first annouced this and I will say it again; this shit will not fly. Also, no, minecraft and this game is 2 completely different thing even when they are on the theme of building stuff. Minecraft is a sandbox builder while this game you have to build your own sandbox.
Making this game F2P is also not possible since the only way they can make money at that point is to sell "blocks" to build; why the hell would I buy virtal Lego blocks when I can get the real thing and make what I want to be able to show it on display?

I was in the Beta event for Lego Universe, and despite its rather childish UI (which makes sense as its geared for kids), My main problem with the game was the severe lack of content. The storyline of the game is there, its good, but at least come launch time there wasn't much too it.

Some stuff that wasn't covered in the overview was you can tame pets, who don't help you fight in combat, but allow you to dig up treasure. As well as the awesome dragon fight on the ninja world. This is one area where you need someones help cause you are very likely to die and by the time you get back the the dragon you'll have to start over from 100% health otherwise.

Also not covered were the 4 different factions, who offer 2 classes each. In my time in beta I played a Samurai, and an Engineer and had a lot more fun on the Engineer.

Its a fun game, but being P2P... It needs more content before I'll ever consider paying for it.

it looks like second life, lego edition, probably has blockier penises then normal second life

Tom Goldman:
I actually enjoyed my time with this game and its achievement-focused gameplay, but I do wish that there was a virtual lego builder you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for.

Yes... if only there were some game that didn't charge a monthly fee where you could craft things out of blocks. And what if you had to collect those blocks, from a giant bucket or maybe even a pit or tunnel of sorts. Surely this game where you craft things from blocks would need some sort of multiplayer, so you could show me your buildings and I could show you mine...

If only...

I'll tell you one thing for certain, who ever makes a game like that will get rich.

The plot of land looks rather small doesn't it? Not enough space for anything really awe inspiring from what i seen.

First though I had was this looks like a minecraft clone but made with Lego.

mindlesspuppet:

Tom Goldman:

Yes... if only there were some game that didn't charge a monthly fee where you could craft things out of blocks. And what if you had to collect those blocks, from a giant bucket or maybe even a pit or tunnel of sorts. Surely this game where you craft things from blocks would need some sort of multiplayer, so you could show me your buildings and I could show you mine...

If only...

I'll tell you one thing for certain, who ever makes a game like that will get rich.

Maybe one day we'll get a game like this... maybe it will even have zombies and cows and pigs and chickens and such...

Swifteye:

SonicWaffle:

John Funk:
Read Full Article

If that's really the first thing that came to your mind when you heard they can make anything they want that makes me sad.

If you read an article stating that players can create buildings that stretch "upwards for hundred of Lego-feet" and make them look like real-world buildings if they so choose, and then crash planes into them and you didn't immediately wonder how long it would be before some douche decided to recreate 9/11, you clearly haven't spent much time among the denizens of the internet :-P

Even if I had the money I donīt think I wouldīve bought it anyway, it looks awesome nonetheless.

Tom Goldman:

Should be at least a couple usefull ones at http://www.ldraw.org/

mindlesspuppet:

Tom Goldman:

If only...

I want them to be Lego blocks, damn you!

I too have a confession to make, i love lego.

And im good at it, but im 17 so yeah.

roostuf:
I too have a confession to make, i love lego.

And im good at it, but im 17 so yeah.

Whats the problem in that? Im 20 now and it isnt 4 months ago i bought some LEGO just for the fun of it... And you can earn some fat cash if you have some of the rare/collectors mini-figures...
LEGO is one of the only things that makes me proud of my country...

OT: I was in the beta, but i really only played it once since it for some reason took me 30 minutes to get past the first loading screen... Kinda lost my interest after that...

Is it out? I was tracking that game but got bored since last,last year and look how it turned out!

I love my Lego :3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or