Daily Drop: Light Bulb

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Light Bulb

Daily Drop sheds some light on the floor.

Watch Video

"Bam! I heard that blast all the way over here! Hee Hee!"
(Someone can correct me if I got that wrong.)

I feel the light bulb deserves an honourable mention for surviving your onslaught for a little while there :)

It's funny how you hear Graham shouting "no way" when it survives the 1st drop.

"WHAT THE-?!?"

Made me laugh. Good stuff.

I think everyone's favorite part was the entire crowd freaking out on the failure drop.

The reaction to the first drop was the highlight of the video

... Sheds some light on the floor.

That already had me cracking up.
But the reaction to the failure was the funniest thing...

Then again, watching a lightbulb bounce is definitely a surprise.

Who makes lightbulbs that are that durable? Damn.

As many others have said, best part is easily the reaction to the first drop. Great stuff there, so many people trying not to drop f-bombs. :p

A sphere is one of the strongest shapes you can have. There's a reason they are shaped like that.

Actually I think that a light bulb (brand new out of the box) will pretty much always do that. If the lightbulb is new and has no scratches or imperfections you can get it to bounce back once. If it has been dropped once though the tiny scratches that are created from the first drop make it shatter the next time it has an impact.

A neat party trick that I heard once is take a new lightbulb and bet that you could toss it against a brick wall and then catch it without breaking. When the next person tries it, it should shatter on the second throw.

Those reactions were awesome,guys. I lol'd.

Impressively hardcore lightbulbs you guys have, though :p

Hero bulb laughs at your puny gravity.

WAT?!

Loved everyones suprised expressions lol

Fucking lightbulbs, how do they work?

Janitor was right. They are strong at the spherical area...

Zakarath:

Well first, brave teams of hunters and explorers are sent to the north pole where the enter the hollow earth through an entrance cunningly concealed by Santa Claus (who, incidentally, is simply a fence for the various thieves guilds operating inside the planet). Once inside the track down the presumed mythical pixie dragons. Once the hunters manage to capture one, the team's resident spirit binder strips the pixie dragon of it's essence and traps it in a tiny bar of tungsten. This bar is spirited to the surface where it is divided into many smaller pieces and enclosed in a glass that so the spirit is unable to escape (it is common knowledge that bound spirits cannot possibly cross a plane of glass).

When an electrical current is applied, the pixie dragon's spirit is angered causing it to glow as per it's natural response to such stimulus.

Wow, that was surprising.

when my sister asked me what i was watching and i showed her. she said "that is such a waste of time" :3

Eclectic Dreck:

Zakarath:

Well first, brave teams of hunters and explorers are sent to the north pole where the enter the hollow earth through an entrance cunningly concealed by Santa Claus (who, incidentally, is simply a fence for the various thieves guilds operating inside the planet). Once inside the track down the presumed mythical pixie dragons. Once the hunters manage to capture one, the team's resident spirit binder strips the pixie dragon of it's essence and traps it in a tiny bar of tungsten. This bar is spirited to the surface where it is divided into many smaller pieces and enclosed in a glass that so the spirit is unable to escape (it is common knowledge that bound spirits cannot possibly cross a plane of glass).

When an electrical current is applied, the pixie dragon's spirit is angered causing it to glow as per it's natural response to such stimulus.

Logically then the natural visual sightings of the pixie dragon would be in a cloud of smoke, which is the escape signal, allowing the pixie dragon to get away, meaning you need a new bulb.

This is very similar to the nixie dragon, which powers your computer. The two are not identical however.

I lol'd.

Here's what I can't figure out: Between this, salt and pepper, and a couple others, it seems like things break better when the part you DON'T want/expect to break hits the ground first. Does the vibration loosen the glass up or something?

Wow, them light bulbs are tough. That reaction from the Daily Drop crew is a nice touch. I think the chalk will break on the second drop.

KEM10:
I think everyone's favorite part was the entire crowd freaking out on the failure drop.

Definetly! That was, unexpected XD

Should have crowbarred it to teach it a lesson! :p

I think this is the first the crew ever spoke, except for crowbar. But that's more of a manly grunt of frustration, rage and euphoria.

Definitely a solid drop.

lol it was hilarious when the first drop failed and u hear the loud, WHAT!

Epic commentary is epic.

Nerf Ninja:
A sphere is one of the strongest shapes you can have. There's a reason they are shaped like that.

The sphere isn't really very sturdy. The reason being is that is has nowhere to displace the force to. It just kind of caves in.

i just watched the reactions at least 10 times. just replaying those 20 seconds over and over and over.

Damn that first drop was amazing, I thought it would just shatter like cheap glass and not you know, bounce around like that. Pretty sure my reaction matched the groups reaction in the video, just shock at it. :D

goddz001:
when my sister asked me what i was watching and i showed her. she said "that is such a waste of time" :3

Ah, she may be right. But it's such a *Fun* waste of time!

LadyRhian:

goddz001:

Ah, she may be right. But it's such a *Fun* waste of time!

yes. but i wouldve been impressed if she asked who the idiots who got such a "bright" idea ;D

The bulb survived the first drop and everyone went "o.O." That had me not only repeat that drop, but made me laugh.

Best episode of 2011 so far.

KEM10:

I just loved the "seriously?" in the background.

sethzard:
It's funny how you hear Graham shouting "no way" when it survives the 1st drop.

I believe that was Jer but I could be wrong.

Reminds me of a kind of uppercut... You can see the trail as it flips up.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here