Zero Punctuation: Top 5 of 2010

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Top 5 of 2010

This week, Zero Punctuation's Yahtzee lists his top 5 best and worst games of 2010.

Watch Video

is the negative music the theme for clockwork orange?

Bwaaaaaah, when are we gonna get back to the new games xP.
Oh well, still hilarious and on top form, wheyheyyy:'].

Tbh though...true as ever.

Except FFXIII. I loved FFXIII.
even though it was kinda disappointing ><

I must be the only one who actually likes Bioshock 2

I'd agree with those lists, good choices

The music made me LOL!

I beleve everyone agrees that Bioshock 2īs place came as a suprise.

dex-dex:

Yes, yes it was thusly making it awesome.
Also the rag he used was Maple Leaf Rag.

... Jesus, I listen to too much music.

hahaha, kayne and lynch is that bad huh?
I thought he was serious for a second when he said halo reach...
But I personally hated Just Cause 2.....

*is still in shock that Final Fantasy 13 wasn't considered his worst*

Just Cause 2 is something I can see as GOTY, though.

I did go for 100%, and then gave up around 45%. Huge game is huge.

I still liked FF13 and Bioshock 2, though.

The background music really made this video. Also the joke at the end had me laughing hard.

Hmm well the shit pile was good except for BioShock 2... I had a lot more fun playing it than the first one.

Also not sure about those top 2 picks... but ok. Amnesia is great tho! Only 6 hours long... but it's 6 hours of HOLY SHIT! WTFBBQ!?

I did not see THAT one coming. You hardly even mention Just Cause 2... oh well, it's hard to argue when you put Dead Rising 2 on the list :).

i must say...i LoL'd...heartily...especially with the trickery for #1 worst game...very nicely done :D

RDR made #3? Guess he really was appraising by exception there

Frank_Sinatra_:

dex-dex:

Yes, yes it was thusly making it awesome.
Also the rag he used was Maple Leaf Rag.

... Jesus, I listen to too much music.

I thought so but I was unsure.
and I don't believe you listen to enough music!

teh_Canape:

no you're not the only one

I don't get why People like Amnesia. I couldn't find anything scary about it. It's just boring.

awesome use of music. and yes you did get me with the Halo: Reach comment. but if i had to change anything on that list it would be moving Metroid: Other M to second place. sure it wasn't as bad as kane and lynch but it definatly was pretty bad. oh, and mass effect 2 would have been put on the good list too, but for the life of me i can't figure out which game should be 6th

for some reason whenever the 'bad' music came on I could help but laugh

Hehehe Nice Lists Ben, had me for a second there when you said it "murdered a classic" I thought you meant Castlevania, but nop... I have to agree with that List. At least the Worst of 2010 since the Top was more like YOUR top while the worst was more like THE worst lol.

Except for Metroid and Bioshock, everything is pretty spot on. I'm surprised FFXIII wasn't higher on the list

teh_Canape:

Actually I enjoyed it more than the original Bioshock which I suppose is some form of Blasphemy. I didn't agree with a lot of his best of list but of course everyone has different opinions. What I do certainly agree with is the final thought "It wasn't much of a year was it?". We had some good games this year but there have certainly been more eventful times to be a gamer.

teh_Canape:

Actually, I did too. Sure, it wasn't a necessary game or even all that original, but it still returned us to Rapture and expanded upon its people and society. It's like getting off a big steel roller-coaster and then traipsing over to its smaller, wooden cousin. It's not as good a ride and it's bumpier and more nauseating in places, but hey, it's still a ride!

OT: Nice use of music.

bioshock 2 was a bit of a surprise... well not from a narrative standpoint, it couldnt hope to be as good in that regard as the original but from a gameplay standpoint it seemed much improved over the original.... ok maybe much improved is over doing it but it certainly seemed to play smoother

I guess their really wasn't much else mentioning this year... all I can think of is Bayonetta, and I didn't even play that...

Looking forward to 2011!

Review

Julian Daniel:
I don't get why People like Amnesia. I couldn't find anything scary about it. It's just boring.

It's not overtly scary. Most of the scariness comes from your own mind, that requires a certain level of intelligence.

couldn't agree more with you Yatzee!

i've played all of the games ecxept: Amnesia

(but i was kind of hoping for assasin's creed brotherhood to be on the top 5 good side)

I agree with his no. 1, that game did caused me to become dizzy after finishing it. Yes I'm one of those people who is brave enough to finish that shite of a game.

I'm quite disappointed that Super Meat Boy didn't make it to the top 5... Ah well, I guess Yahtzee doesn't really like platformers though.

Who'd have thought it, seeing his top 3 are sandboxes? :D

This was the funniest video he has ever made!

"bucket of retard pies"-Yahtzee

for a split second you got me with "halo:reach"...................I'm surprise Kane&Lynce 2 was the worst game of 2010 I'm surprise you didn't choose final fantasy XIII like every other motherfucker out there.

The music was annoying whilst trying to concentrate on what he's saying.
Other than that, yeah I agree with most of the choices.

No love for Mass Effect 2? Ah well, only other gripe would be that Bioshock 2, despite being kind of redundant, was still pretty good.

Well I didn't except Yahtzee to hate Other M that much

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or