Zero Punctuation: Top 5 of 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

coldshadow:
been a while since you made me laugh so hard.

You have a F@NBOY$ avatar.

Shit yeah

Judging by the very last statement on the video, I would say he wasn't enamoured with any game this year, with the 'good' five being the ones that he had the least bad things to say about.

Sort of agree with oppinion of last years quality (Excluding Mass Effect 2).

This is why I love this guys. If you wanna laugh so hard you cry watch and listening to the stuff BAWHAHAHAHAA

Misho-:
Hehehe Nice Lists Ben, had me for a second there when you said it "murdered a classic" I thought you meant Castlevania, but nop... I have to agree with that List. At least the Worst of 2010 since the Top was more like YOUR top while the worst was more like THE worst lol.

Castlevania was already murdered way before this latest piece of crap. It was murdered by all the other shitty 3D Castlevania games.

Haven't played any of the games on the list because I'm poor. Someone give me money. Please? Have a heart people, it's Christmas in a year! I've got kids and stuff.

Antonio Torrente:
no you're not the only one

Ranchcroutons:
Actually I enjoyed it more than the original Bioshock which I suppose is some form of Blasphemy. I didn't agree with a lot of his best of list but of course everyone has different opinions. What I do certainly agree with is the final thought "It wasn't much of a year was it?". We had some good games this year but there have certainly been more eventful times to be a gamer.

BlueInkAlchemist:
Actually, I did too. Sure, it wasn't a necessary game or even all that original, but it still returned us to Rapture and expanded upon its people and society. It's like getting off a big steel roller-coaster and then traipsing over to its smaller, wooden cousin. It's not as good a ride and it's bumpier and more nauseating in places, but hey, it's still a ride!

Quiet Stranger:
I loved Bioshock 2 so I think Yahtzee can go do something.....yeah, that's good

I highly disagree with Yahtzee on the Bioshock 2 part

JackandTom:
Your Not! It was awesome! Sure the enviroment was the same, but the story was still good and combat had been improved.

cool, it's nice to see I wasn't the only one ^-^

Two Angels:
I was shocked that Batman wasn't the number one game seeing as it was awesome and Yahtzee gave it much love!

That was his GOTY last year.

I agree with almost everything on the bad side (Not gonna bother with the good since we like 2 entirely different genres). The only change... Metroid Other M to #1. That series killed my favorite character in the most grossly offensive way possible.

teh_Canape:
I must be the only one who actually likes Bioshock 2

No =( I liked it too, I thought it was just pretty much more BioShock, with a few tweaks to gameplay (such as hacking and dual wield plasmids and guns) with a better moral choice system. The story was... well it wasn't as good as BioShock because there was no mystery and your objective was straight forward (find your little sister or die), while in BioShock you was lead along on a string to help someone you had never met only for bad things to happen and then an amazing plot twist but, I think the DLC (which I cannot get... Pc player and all that) is supposed to have the same philosophy as BioShock 1 in terms of story and everyone is saying it makes up for BioShock 2s mediocre story. Whats the DLC called Minerva's Den or something?

EDIT: I was mixing up a World of Warcraft character and a Greek God... my bad.

Optimystic:
So is he going to actually review Fable 3, or...?

He said in Extra Punctuation that he isn't.

I think I want to play his top 5 now, of course I'm still not sure if I would like Just Cause 2. But anyway, the bad ones: >:)
Bioshock 2: I liked the first one, did we need a sequel?
Final Fantasy 13: Yawn.
Force Unleashed 2: Here I thought Bioshock 2 was unnecessary.
Metroid Other M: It was ok. Gameplay was fine but blad and uninspired. Story was uninteresting, and I think I would have prefered Samus if she was still voiced by the woman who gave her a voice in Brawl. I'd rather play the Metroid Prime games.
Kane and Lynch 2!: AHHHHHHHHH!

I loved this episode. There is nothing else for Yahtzee to review next week, other than: FABLE 3! .... That won't happen.

Two Angels:
I was shocked that Batman wasn't the number one game seeing as it was awesome and Yahtzee gave it much love!

1. That was released in 2009.

2. It was his GOTY 2009.

I have to admit, i never saw Just Cause 2 coming.

This reminds me of how unpredictable Yahtzee can be. I mean he did give Uncharted 2 a place on his Best of 2009 list and he did retroactively describe Littlebigplanet as "pretty good". But including Red Dead Redemption on this list and putting Just Cause 2 of all things at the top of it? Yahtzee has really outdone himself this time.

And personally I'm glad that Yahtzee seems to be aware of his frequent hypocrisy.

teh_Canape:
I must be the only one who actually likes Bioshock 2

Not quite. I get why people hate it, but I honestly enjoyed it, and there were times when it surpassed the first game, in my opinion.

alex8039:
Review

Julian Daniel:
I don't get why People like Amnesia. I couldn't find anything scary about it. It's just boring.

It's not overtly scary. Most of the scariness comes from your own mind, that requires a certain level of intelligence.

Wow, really? He doesn't like the game because he's not as smart as you are? That's a little obnoxious, isn't it?

OT: Pretty good list, actually. I'm glad he didn't actually pick the really predictable ones for #1 Worst game. Hopefully we'll be back to individual games next week, though. This "end of the year" crap is getting old.

Frank_Sinatra_:
Also the rag he used was Maple Leaf Rag.

... Jesus, I listen to too much music.

Hmmm. If you recognized this one, maybe you could go back to the Soulcalibur IV video and tell me the title of the music Yahtzee used for the 'technical difficulties' screen? Been trying to find the answer for ages now, unsuccessfully.

OT: I've only played two out of the top five there. Sigh... maybe I really do need to give Dead Rising 2 a try.
Also, I'm surprised at Bioshock 2's ranking. Sure, it was a largely unnecessary game, but you can't tell me anyone found it to be worse than, say, Crackdown 2. :\

That joke at the end was great. I could feel the hate dripping from my monitor there.

Two Angels:

Eh, actually that was his 2009 GOTY. I personally loved this list, specifically how he roasts his top 5 worst.

I suppose Mass Effect 2 is number 6 or 7 on top games and fable 3 is in the same boat for worst games.

I did. Other M was bad. Really bad. Story plot was shit. Game play was shit. Even character develepment was shit. I think other M should be 1 on the worse list. Of Corse Kane and Lich was going be bad. number 1 was ok at best. Which ok is a far strech.

I was more shock about his top 5 list. Which I could totally agrea with his worse 5 list other then 1 and 2 spot. Think they should be switch.

I did like his top 4 and 3 spots. Both good games but really did not care for the others.

alex8039:

Julian Daniel:
I don't get why People like Amnesia. I couldn't find anything scary about it. It's just boring.

It's not overtly scary. Most of the scariness comes from your own mind, that requires a certain level of intelligence.

Why insult someone because they disliked a game?

Agreed with nearly every one of those. Although I was really expecting Demon's Souls to be on the bad list. I can tell he didn't like that game in his review and I'm glad I wasn't the only one. Still his top 5 I can only agree with a couple of them and would replace them with others. All in all though another good video by Yahtzee.

alex8039:

Giest4life:

alex8039:

That's the foundation of any good psychological horror. Clearly this concept is wasted on you.

So say those who chew glass and claim it to be therapeutic within the right mindset.

W... what? Sounds like an argument anyone can use anywhere.

[quote]I'm glad the concept is wasted on me, because there must be something else that made me like this game. What's this, someone likes a game for a reason other than your own? *gasp*

Didn't say that's the only thing to like about it. However in response to the person finding it boring and not scary.

Exactly. Saying that something requires intellect to enjoy can be used--and is used--to, literally, justify anything. And it would be right.

Fair enough; if you didn't mean that then I offer my apologies.

Because it was a good game. Play that at night with the lights off. You heart is racing. Yat is right. to many horror games are not scary cause you have a big gun to kill anything that wants you dead. This game you ran and hid from everything. Having to keep your lights on. The people screaming. It was down right terriorfing.

dex-dex:
is the negative music the theme for clockwork orange?

Yes, and it is awesome.

Most horror games rely on ugly nail filled antagonists to scare you, Amnesia dark decent is all in your head, Its the phycological terror that gets to you

LordXel:
I think I want to play his top 5 now, of course I'm still not sure if I would like Just Cause 2. But anyway, the bad ones: >:)
Bioshock 2: I liked the first one, did we need a sequel?
Final Fantasy 13: Yawn.
Force Unleashed 2: Here I thought Bioshock 2 was unnecessary.
Metroid Other M: It was ok. Gameplay was fine but blad and uninspired. Story was uninteresting, and I think I would have prefered Samus if she was still voiced by the woman who gave her a voice in Brawl. I'd rather play the Metroid Prime games.
Kane and Lynch 2!: AHHHHHHHHH!

I loved this episode. There is nothing else for Yahtzee to review next week, other than: FABLE 3! .... That won't happen.

Not that I disagree with you or anything but why not (referring to Fable 3)? I mean sure he most likely didn't like it but that didn't stop him from reviewing games like Eve Online, Sonic Unleashed, Scribblenauts, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days, and of course Too Human.

Very funny and good list.

It's very sad that I have to agree about Kane & Lynch 2, that game was the biggest pile of shit I played this year (closely followed by Alpha Protocol). I liked the first Kane & Lynch and was looking forward to the sequel, in the end it felt like a kick to the crotch rather than entertainment.
With that said, I found Just Cause 2 to be somewhat boring.

Now I really want an egg and cress sandwich. Mmm food.

That Guy Who Phails:

Optimystic:

So I guess that whole Borderlands thing was just a fluke?

Stop mourning for Mass Effect 2.

Literally every critic on the fucking planet is jizzing all over its glossy cover, it has won every video game award known to fucking man.

I don't think your purchase needs any more justification than that.

Xocrates:

Sh1nobu:
I beleve everyone agrees that Bioshock 2īs place came as a suprise.

The really sad part is I actually expected him to do it. Which isn't the same as saying that the game deserves it.

To be perfectly honest, it saddens me a bit that much of the hate for Bioshock 2 has less to do with its quality and more to do with Bioshock fans who never even gave the game a chance by deeming it crap for the simple reason that it was both unnecessary and (arguably) not quite as good as the first.

I never realized BioShock 2 got any hate... people might say that the story is a bit mediocre compared to BioShock 1, but they cannot deny that it improves the game in several places, and apparently the DLC Minerva's Den combines both the improved gameplay from BioShock 2 and the atmosphere, story and plot twist from BioShock 1... so it should be the 'perfect' game. Damn I wish I could play it...

ForgottenPr0digy:
"bucket of retard pies"-Yahtzee

for a split second you got me with "halo:reach"...................I'm surprise Kane&Lynce 2 was the worst game of 2010 I'm surprise you didn't choose final fantasy XIII like every other motherfucker out there.

Final Fantasy XIII was a bad game because it has a terrible core design. Kane and Lynch 2 is just trying to look shit.

Mass Effect 2 doesn't deserve a place in any "top game of 2010" simply for the way it took any difficulty out of the franchise, as well as having one of the more illogical sequel stories in recent memory.

So I take it you're not a Minecraft person?

More insubstantial than a fart in an elevator?
A blowjob powered motorbike?
AND he managed to burn me? TWICE?

Fuck's sake, Yahtzee outdid himself this time.

Burned... what, really? honestly? seriously? yahtzee... come on!

A1:

That Guy Who Phails:

Optimystic:

So I guess that whole Borderlands thing was just a fluke?

Guess so.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or