Name Game: Luke's Legacy Part 2

Luke's Legacy Part 2

The beginning of bonds.

Read Full Article

I liked the look of the district managers, fatty.
Also I like where this story is going.

I don't get it.

And here comes trouble...

Maybe I just need to give this comic a chance, but I never did get into this strip's art style and humor. Maybe this isn't my cup of tea?

With that said, I am curious how this will continue.

I don't get it. I really don't.

poiumty:
I don't get it.

Straying Bullet:

From what I see, it isn't suppose to be funny as much as background information on one of the characters.

However, I am laughing because I know that in retail you can be promoted by remembering to zip yourself back up after leaving the bathroom. There are a lot of incompetent people out there.

The look on the manager's face made me chuckle

You know, these kind of subplots are cool and all, but they always suffer from one major problem: they are only funny and interesting if you read all the episodes together. Now it'll just mean that we are going to read a few comics that just don't contain much humor on itself.

It looks like the district manager is a hutt. I guess the company's an equal opportunity for everyone. Giant space slugs included.

poiumty:
I don't get it.

Straying Bullet:

Like the other guy said it's background about why he doesn't work to hard before he got a job there he thought you had to work hard to get ahead but he was finding out that isn't always true and in working there the less he seemed to the better off he was so he was about to quit being the ther most one could do to not do anything.

So one character is named luke one is named lando, so is the guy with blue eyes called han

Ahhh... so that's why I can't seem to get a promotion at work! I've just been working too hard!

Oooh, the suspense. I'm intrigued about where this will go.

I think the inherent humor comes from him saying "Hey Ugly" to the guy that he needs an interview from. And ends up getting the job due to it being a prequel.

Broken Orange:
Maybe I just need to give this comic a chance, but I never did get into this strip's art style and humor. Maybe this isn't my cup of tea?

I've been trying to give it a chance, but it just keeps being boring. Oh look a bunch of go no-where 20 somethings work in a store and hate it but this time instead of a convenient store, record store, restaurant, or big box store they work in a game stop!!! Seriously not very original, which is fine, but they have yet to deliver a good story.

For those of you who didn't get it. Have you ever worked in minimum wage jobs before? It's just showing how easy it is to get rewards with minimum effort in this kind of environment. It's not necessarily funny so much as satire.

This is awesome. Reminds me of my buddy dustin. He did nothing while working at sobeys and never got any trouble. He actually worked one day and got in trouble for poor performance. Next day he did nothing and people were talking about how good he had been working.

I wish my first job was like this. I would have been assistant manager in no time lol. Oh well, good stuff.

I can't find this entertaining as it is to depressingly accurate. I have never worked in retail myself, but I can safely say that almost every job I have done has looked upon individuality and independent thought as big no no's, and as for work ethic, well that just means someone else has more time to take the credit for what you did.
I could go on about my thoughts on middle management but I would probably get hit with the ban hammer.

Too bad that he isn't an actual person, that would show my mom what potential being lazy has.

Wish my job was like that.

If some guy came to me and said Hey Ugly then demanded an interview....He would be FLYING out the door.

LITERALLY.

zombie711:
So one character is named luke one is named lando, so is the guy with blue eyes called han

The black guy's name isn't actually Lando, he tries telling them that a couple of times but they refuse to hear it. It's just hilarious racism.

...it actually is hilarious.

So far I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Interesting thus far~

Wabblefish:
I liked the look of the district managers, fatty.
Also I like where this story is going.

Super Special Awesome LOL!!! He reminded me of Wart from Super Mario Bros. 2

Check it XD

bdcjacko:

Broken Orange:

I've been trying to give it a chance, but it just keeps being boring. Oh look a bunch of go no-where 20 somethings work in a store and hate it but this time instead of a convenient store, record store, restaurant, or big box store they work in a game stop!!! Seriously not very original, which is fine, but they have yet to deliver a good story.

In the same boat. I'm finding it hard to be interested in this strip. Or Critical Miss to be frank.

Not through lack of effort, no. I can see plainly these people are trying. It's just that Critical Miss is too negative-orientated, which I guess to some(most) is funny. For me, I at least like a little bit of upbeat.

And then Name Game, unfortunately was beaten to their premise by a gaming comic that has long ceased being funny. And even less fortunately, they're not pulling it off.

Another thing, mostly relating to this arch that I find I can't grit my teeth into is... I can't relate to these characters, the focus character is one I don't know anything about it.

(You can probably regard this part as the On Topic section...)

I know it's a seemingly ridiculous argument 'I don't find this back-story about the character I don't know much about interesting because I don't know much about him'.

But at the same time it's, in my opinion, entirely valid.

None of the characters in this comic have really been established... The comic's not been around very long and with a cast of so many characters it's important, I think to give each of them a healthy amount of time to show some characteristics besides 'He's the douche' 'He's black' 'She's the girl' 'It's an octopus' etc.

Build up intrigue, Then you move onto back-story. Make people wonder why the guy doesn't try at his job before foisting us into an explanation about a character some people wouldn't even have noticed till now(I didn't).

I mean there's three characters that figure-head the comic(well, they're on the logo) and I know next to nothing about them besides their names so far and thanks to this back-story I know one of them is an unenthusiastic worker... Not much there to endear myself to.

I want to be interested in these comics.
But both of them just aren't hitting the right spots for me...

I genuinely hope that'll change, because regardless I still read them, and I'd love nothing more than to enjoy them while I'm at it.

This comic is kinda hit and miss so far. There's a couple I laugh at, and there's others where I fail to see any humor. Usually I enjoy it though.

For those commenting on this and critical miss... Well, I cant really say which way they will go at this point... Sometimes they have a good one, other times not.. As for Manly guys Doing Manly Things... Its still going awsome.

Broken Orange:

Same here. I'll check how this story ends but frankly; I'd take Critical Miss over this comic any day. That shit is just incredibly hilarious imo.

i like this comic, i dont really laugh, but it makes me smile

Axzarious:
As for Manly guys Doing Manly Things... Its still going awsome.

Brando bless the vastly superior loser of the webcomic contest.

Though Critical Miss has been gradually improving.

This should be good...

AND THE PLOT THICKENS!

I like the throwback to this comic in A Boy and his Bike part 5.

"Hey ugly!"

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here