Escape to the Movies: The 2010 MovieBob Awards

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The 2010 MovieBob Awards

This week, Bob awards the standout performances in some unusual categories.

Watch Video

Pool-cleaning robot is going to get sooooooo snubbed at the Oscars.

Fine, I'll watch Splice Movie Bob
I've been meaning to see Wildthings as well but I keep forgetting it's name.

Onyx Oblivion:
Pool-cleaning robot is going to get sooooooo snubbed at the Oscars.

They're afraid he might get possessed during his acceptant speech!
And you ask WHY Movie Bob?

Eh, I was going to get Splice on DVD but didn't have enough money at the time due to buying other things. As soon as I get enough, I'l get it as soon as possible. It better be good Bob!

I got Splice through the post just yesterday :D I agree that it's an awesome film!

Also still need to watch that last film... I forget its name.

Why do I get the feeling that there is going to be Wallace Wells/Pool Cleaning Robot slash fiction coming up in the near future because of this...
WHY BOB WHY!?!

Also Splice was one of the best movies I'd seen all year not just because it was great but it indirectly inspired this video

Good on ya, Bob. Was really wondering what movie you were gonna do this week. And, you're right, this year blew for movies.

Also, in before the "don't bash Palin, she's hot" kid Palin supporters gripe about how she's picked on too much.

That was a very Anakin-esk no.

Why? Cause it prints money, that's y.

I soooo can't wait for Bob's review of Transformers 3. That's going to be deliciously nasty. Also, I'm still counting down the inevitable Avengers flop. If that movie ISN'T a disaster I will be AMAZED.

I laughed out loud at the ending :D

He wasn't kidding. He did turn it into a comedy sketch.

Yeah, not a good year, but would have still liked a definitive best movie of the year. And the avengers sounds like it's going to be really good!

Consider Splice on my Netflix queue.

I disagree that Prince of Persia was a disappointment. In my opinion it was revolutionary in the sense of being the first movie based on a video game that was OK and not total scheit on a crusty croissant.

I'm sorry but i thought Splice was a terrable movie, but thats just my opinion.

Just wondering, seeing as this is at least the second time you talk about absence of good movies in 2010, did you forget about Inception? Just went back to check, your review at the time remarked it as amazing, best movie of Nolan's career (which is no easy competition) and something you loved for both the action and the 'cleverness' of the movie (sorry, I'm against the word cerebral).

In fact, looking back over the movies (and your subsequent reviews), we had a good fight movie (The Fighter), Black Swan where you needed a change of pants for several reasons, an actually decent romantic comedy (Love&Other drugs), Four Lions, The Social Network, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Toy Story 3, Kick ass, Shutter Island, and a number of others that I don't care to mention for various reasons. Was it really that crappy a year? I mean might've not been anything spectacular, but labeling it crappy seems unfitting.

Maybe the "Ninja's... Damn" line is on a Deleted Scene or is in the directors Cut maybe?

I too was looking for that line just because of MoiveBob's mention of it^__^

I loved splice, but I am not sure is I have the cash to buy it.

BlueInkAlchemist:

That means an episode of it came from nextfilx will be about splice right? *happy dance*

2fish:

BlueInkAlchemist:

That means an episode of it came from nextfilx will be about splice right? *happy dance*

Yes. It'll be on the poll next week, after I get around to reviewing Law Abiding Citizen.

I thought Splice was one the most overrated movies a I saw this year. It had a lot of big ideas but they were all stupid or just factually incorrect. I can't say more without spoilers but most of movie were based on ideas that were debunked decades ago.

To be fair, there was a massive drop off on the Sarah Palin show. There are people watching it but not a a lot if that makes anyone feel better.

Honestly, the Ninjas line not actually appearing in the film is a point in its favor in my book, because by the time the movie was actually released, I had heard the line so fucking much that its mere utterance drove me to hit things, leading me to believe that the movie was nothing more than styled catchphrases over anything that might be narratively engaging.

...From all appearances, that's actually right on the money. I guess I can't fault the line for that, then. >_>

Bob, it could be worse, the director of the new Godzilla movie could be Uwe Boll.

Splice sucked, Machete sucked, Mel Gibson is an under-appreciated actor who's got more going for him than a whiny "critic" (term used loosely here) like Bob would ever have the backbone to admit.

Also, in a year where releases included Inception, Toy Story 3, Black Swan, King's Speech, True Grit, Social Network and a plethora of others, Bob goes on to focus on some crappy ninja movie that never even made it theaters in most parts of the world?

I'm shocked they picked Edwards to make the next Godzilla. A lot of bigger directors wanted to do one (even Tarantino is said to have had an idea for one), so why not put it in the best possible hands (well, besides it costing less to hire someone cheap)?

I thought The Expendables was the biggest disappointment of the year. It had all the elements to be a fun action flick, and a handful of great moments that showed just how much better it could of been. Which is why I felt extremely betrayed by its inability to pull off anything.

HankMan:
Fine, I'll watch Splice Movie Bob
I've been meaning to see Wildthings as well but I keep forgetting what it's name is

Shameless lipstick lesbian male-gaze pandering aside, Wild Things is actually a good caper flick. Works on the same level as the Wachowski's Bound.

I knew he wasn't going to be happy that the "Monsters" director is now directing Godzilla.

When he Said why to that robot face near the end Does that mean there is gonna be a Transformers 3?

It's interesting that Toy Story 3 and Inception (both of which Bob called fantastic movies) have been glossed over both in this video and the previous.
(That said, as I'm a Scott Pilgrim fanboy I shall just be glad he remembered that)

Calling 2010 a bad year for films, on the other hand was...harsh, to say the least, and completely wrong, to take it a step further.

I dunno Movie Bob i'm becoming less of a fan of yours, for one you spend a very large amount of time on comics and thier movies, and people like the traditional categories because that is what people care about, rather than jokes about pool cleaning robots, make jokes out of your other show and get this one back to it's roots, in the beginning there was one thing MOVIES.

Fox KITSUNE:
Maybe the "Ninja's... Damn" line is on a Deleted Scene or is in the directors Cut maybe?

I too was looking for that line just because of MoiveBob's mention of it^__^

IT WAS LEFT OUT...damn.

That sucks though, really sucks.

Why would they do that?

I was wondering how Bob was going to take the new director to the Godzilla move.

he could always use the "empty weeks" to review older movies most people didn't see....
like Equilibrium or brick, or something.

I knew as soon as I saw the "Biggest Disappointment" category mentioned what Bob was going to pick for it. I remember having that same reaction as a child when some line from a trailer of some cartoon movie didn't make it into the final cut and I was devastated.

Please tell me that wasn't Mel Gibson holding Punxsutawney Phil? What a disturbing image.

Next year'll be better, Bob, I hope.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or