Critical Miss: Y Ddraig Cach

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

I was going to rage, but Carter is from Canada.
*head explodes*

crotalidian:
...Is this actually a real thing that is happening?
Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

I am so glad to have moved to the US. with all its problems at least we doint have to deal with this idiotic system. /rant

1)scotland is worse than wales (we atleast have our own language)
2)all out tax goes to where? downing street exactly your moaning about us when the fact is england is the biggest leech on the planet
3)the assembely government can barley decide jack beacause downing street has al the power+ why would you want to sit on our goverment?
4)its this sort of narowminded cach that the english come up with which reinforces the stereotype of ENGLISH
/counterrant

but yeah i found the strip a good laugh at the inside jokes
like when americans take the piss out of canada you wont get it unless you already do

love a good banter with some of my english freinds

AC10:
*head explodes*

Really?
*head explodes*

Grey Carter:
For all my fellow Englishers out there. The title of the strip was originally going to be 'Y ddraig llwy' but I figured the reference might be a little obscure.

LMAO

Oh, Oliver, how we miss your little whistles.

Sodoff:

Swaki:
i had to google union jack, i thought he was talking about the comic, which sounded awesome.

but i get it, it would be like someone putting the horrible colours of *sweden* into my beloved dannebrog.

Not really, Dannebrog getting the colours of Sweden would be like the Union Jack mixing with the French flag.

...so the exact same colour scheme?.

i know it wouldent be the exact same, but since sweden and norway are our only "rivals" (as much as we love each other in Scandinavia we still hate other Scandinavians, Swedes being drunks and Norwegians being mountain monkeys :P) and since we all have the same basic flag it was the best example i could think of.

England's relationship with Wales, is less like the U.S. & Canada and more like the internal relationship of the Northern and Southern states. Even that doesn't seem a good comparison, since Wales and Scotland have been joined in the act of union for centuries and before that were subjugated for long largely unbroken periods of time.

No-one is seriously pushing for the dragon on the flag. Even those that are trying to carve out a national identity through small things like bringing back the Welsh language (practically a dead language at one point) don't usually go that far.

Also it should be pointed out Cornwall has been playing around with the idea of independence for centuries too...

Wahey! Wales!

I'll raise your Welsh jokes and say "English cousin-shaggers" or something along those lines.
For all of the English are terribly inbred and bla-bla-bla.

As a Canadian, I should be offended.. but I think I'm man enough to take it.

I am SO offended. how dare you compare my ancestors to Canadians!

;)

Hey! We produced Captain Kirk!

I live with some welsh people, and I once saw one of them eat a raw potato. That is all.

But canada is fucking awesome! Bryan Lee O'Mally came from there, and he made Scott Pilgrim, which was awesome, so by the transitive property Canada is awesome.

Summary: English man is upset that the Welsh have it better off.

Abraham Lincoln was part Welsh.

EDIT: Also, dragons (European ones, not the retarded Asian ones) are awesome.

Grey Carter:
For all my fellow Englishers out there. The title of the strip was originally going to be 'Y ddraig llwy' but I figured the reference might be a little obscure.

Tiny Soup Dragon, need I say more?

Hehe, first I heard of the ddraig being put on the UK flag ... ardderchog arfer gan Cymraeg!

Dublin Solo:
As a matter of fact, now that I think about it, I never really thought that Britain and England and United Kingdom were actually different things.

I will have to read about that, there are things one must know!

....Seriously? |: That's like saying North America, America, and the USA are the same thing.

OP: Bah, wasn't so good, to be fair, these days I don't feel A LOT of racial hate from all over the British isles. Though, to be fair, I don't get why Wales is a country...Must look that up.

At least it's better than a shit sandwich joke.

esperanto:
I live with some welsh people, and I once saw one of them eat a raw potato. That is all.

Im English and Ive eaten a raw potato ... I skinned it and put salt on it Im no animal.
my two nieces are ... half welsh NOOOOOO.

actually my mothers side came from Ireland through Wales and my dads side originates in Ireland aswell. its all pretty distant in the genes though.

That did give me a good chuckle :'3, I have a few Welsh friends and even they like mocking the Welsh, our ability to not give a shit about making even ourselves look like dicks is one of my favourite things about being English.

HEY! Don't you guys be DISSIN' Canada.

They've got poutine. And they know how to use it.

Pssh. Does that mean Wales is better than England?

standokan:
I never even heard about the welsh people before this strip but that doesn't make it less funny.

You've never heard of Wales? O.o

When first referred to as 'sheep molesters,' I was about to subtly walk away. I reward you 586/10 pts, however, with the ever so rich burn on Canada. The burn would have been epic, but all of the ice up there pretty much makes it pointless.

Quite funny, and was that Super Meat Boy being played on the TV? Just wondering.

I am English, I nearly pissed myself, well done!! XD

I'm living and working in Wales at the moment..I...shouldn't....find...this....so....funny!

crotalidian:
Wales is worse than Canada, they are self governed with their own budget and funds but also get tax money from England (we dont see any of theirs). and they have representatives on our parlaiment to help decide how we spend our money but English members cannot sit on the Welsh parliament (to decide how they spend our money).

So it's basically how Quebec wants to be? *badum-tish*

AC10:
*head explodes*

It's even worse than that really. He's an Englishman living in Canada.

"Hey."

That was awesome. But really, you can't knock Canada. They DID give us LRR.

Canada is awesome. . .

WHOA.

Best Union Jack ever:

Union Flagann! Spin on!

Who the hell do you think I am?

She's... she's CANADIAN?!?!
Well, that's better than Welsh...

I don't get it

ENGLAND
[dragon.jpg]
FUCK YEAH!!

subject_87:
Quite funny, and was that Super Meat Boy being played on the TV? Just wondering.

hey, I was also wondering that!

Stout is Canadian? Shameful indeed.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook