Trailers: Dragon Age II Exiled Prince DLC

Dragon Age II Exiled Prince DLC

Exiled Prince will be the first DLC that will be included with Dragon Age II at release.

Watch Video

Get fucked. Making us pay for DLC on release day.
This series is looking worse with every screen

First I thought that were was going to be more DLC for Dragon Age: Origins and was like "M'kay"

Then I noticed that it was actualy a first-day DLC for Dragon Age II and punched my sandwich.

Seriously, as the guy somewhere above me said, get fucked.. or atleast have the decency to lie about it and release it a month later as normal DLC.

David Bray:

ThePirateMan:
First I thought that were was going to be more DLC for Dragon Age: Origins and was like "M'kay"

Then I noticed that it was actualy a first-day DLC for Dragon Age II and punched my sandwich.

Seriously, as the guy somewhere above me said, get fucked.. or atleast have the decency to lie about it and release it a month later as normal DLC.

What's the big deal with release day DLC?
Release day DLC is used when the developers are finished with the actual game, and have nothing else to do but sit on their hands and wait for the ignorant people to give them the date at which they can continue to do their job.
There is a big gap of time between the game being finished and the game being shipped to stores and bought, so release day DLC is a perfectly acceptable move.

David Bray:

You had to pay for other DLC on day one before? What's changed now?

Forget the haters, embrace the accent, the glorious, glorious accent. *rolls around floor with glee* Just keep saying 'murder.'

Conceptualizing the butthurt surrounding the DLC is rather beyond me, hell I preordered the game months ago anyway.

EnigmaticSevens:
Forget the haters, embrace the accent, the glorious, glorious accent. *rolls around floor with glee* Just keep saying 'murder.'

Ah, Taggart.
Great accent, but not sure about the voice acting for the prince - it sounded a bit wooden...

carnkhan4:

EnigmaticSevens:

Ah, Taggart.
Great accent, but not sure about the voice acting for the prince - it sounded a bit wooden...

Who needs emotion when you have a voice like that!! *falls over*

Wow that looked.... poor. I know you shouldn't be a graphics whore but those visuals were... well they were horrific.

wow...even ME2 had a better strategy with day 1 DLC (free with the Cerberus Network)

manythings:

David Bray:

No i didn't, i got it free with the new version i bought. This move punishes everyone except those who bought a lacklustre signature edition.

Scrumpmonkey:
Wow that looked.... poor. I know you shouldn't be a graphics whore but those visuals were... well they were horrific.

Whoa whoa...you thought those graphics were bad? Shouldn't it be enough being able to tell one object apart from another?

lucky_sharm:

Scrumpmonkey:

Whoa whoa...you thought those graphics were bad? Shouldn't it be enough being able to tell one object apart from another?

Erm... no.

David Bray:

manythings:

No i didn't, i got it free with the new version i bought. This move punishes everyone except those who bought a lacklustre signature edition.

Lacklustre? With the signature edition you get this DLC, the OST and 4 extra items all for free.

David Bray:

No one is making you buy the DLC. If you don't want to pay for it then don't.

Scrumpmonkey:

Boo fucking hoo? Who cares about graphics as long as the gameplay and story are good and it runs smoothly?

Canid117:

Scrumpmonkey:

Boo fucking hoo? Who cares about graphics as long as the gameplay and story are good and it runs smoothly?

I care :(
Dwarf Fortress was good and all, but I expect more from a recent game.

Count Igor:

Canid117:

Scrumpmonkey:

I care :(
Dwarf Fortress was good and all, but I expect more from a recent game.

Ehh, this is Bioware we're talking about. They could make a game that stared stick figures and looked like a flip book and it'd still fall in love with the characters and story enough to adore the game.

On the topic of first day DLC:

As long as the content is worth the money, I'd much rather have additional content added to the game when I'm still on my first play through. Returning to the game for another play through to experience DLC always seems hollow to me. Plus, it helps developers squeeze a bit more money out of the people who buy used editions of games, which in the case of a company like Bioware, I'm ok with. Not to mention that they've given everyone a chance to get all of this first day DLC for free if they preorder the game before the 11th (or some day close to there)

In short, as long as DLC is worth the money, I don't really care that much when it comes out. I'll gladly pay a few extra bucks for an extra hour or so of content.

Canid117:

Scrumpmonkey:

Ermm.. Me.

David Bray:

manythings:

David Bray:

http://eu.dragonage.com/dragonageii/game-info/pre-order/

The signature edition has more than the original DA:O did. One character and a set of armour vs. A character, four special items and the OST. If you don't care about those things you can just buy the regular one.

Scrumpmonkey:

Canid117:

Scrumpmonkey:

Ermm.. Me.

Then pick a different developer? Epic make stuff that looks great and is entirely devoid of... well everything that makes a game interesting.

If this was accessible to new game buyers with a download code, then fine. If, however, this is only free to signature edition owners then I say no to your day 1 DLC. It SMACKS of nickle and diming your full price paying fans.

Do what I do, wait for the inevitable compilation edition. I learned my lesson from DA:O.

Scrumpmonkey:

If those visuals were "horrific", then I pity you. You know, since there are probably 2, maybe 3 games in the world worthy of being graced by his majesty's approving gaze..

wait they have DLC before the game is actually out?

Ooh. Day one DLC. Great. That's.. that's, you know, great. After all, we just can't wait for that extra half hour of superfluous content.

Wait, is this just taking the place of that project $10 thing? Except instead of pushing customers away from used games it's pushing us towards special editions? Pretty clever.

So really, is this just a marketing experiment--sorry; marketing experiment-cum-cash grab?

Well. At least I'm sure a character who wasn't written into the main storyline totally won't feel shoehorned in or anything. Totally.

Hmmmmm, not sure how its a cash grab or such, if you pre-order Dragon Age 2 before the eleventh of January, if memory serves, then it automatically is a Signature Edition, and it doesn't cost extra either. With all the games being bought used, and that most of the money a game makes is around its release, I think its understandable they would do something like this. And I like that they are rewarding those who pre-order early.

I would preorder... but I'm currently in the wrong country! Dammit!

Well i got the free upgrade to signature edition so yay me.

Haters gonna hate.

I, for one, will only be mad if he's not romance-able. *sighs at cute prince's scottish brogue*

I know absolutely nothing of the DLC.. But I will still buy it for that erotically awesome accent.

Yep, the accent sure is awesome.
Its the 2nd most awesome accent ive ever heard, right after that Avvar War guy in DA Awakening that talked a mix between scottish and jamaican.. :P

I think most comments about 1st-day DLC miss the point, that being a shift from buying a game you can resell to buying half a game and half DLC and only being able to resell the game.

this dlc character does not look that interesting compared to the stone prisoner.
that is just my opinion.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here