Trailers: Mass Effect 3 Earth Trailer

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mass Effect 3 Earth Trailer

Earth is under assault in Mass Effect 3.

Watch Video

Great trailer...

Hope the game lives up to it...

Looks kind of bleh. I don't know, I might have been soured after the last game.

Didn't we already had the same trailer weeks ago? Or is my mind playing tricks with me?

I'll repeat what I've said when this was in the News section: I don't like that Reapers are now giant walking things instead of spaceships. In fact I'm pretty sure that the Codex said that anything above the size of a frigate cannot land on a planet, and Reapers are twice the size of a dreadnought...

HK_01:
I'll repeat what I've said when this was in the News section: I don't like that Reapers are now giant walking things instead of spaceships. In fact I'm pretty sure that the Codex said that anything above the size of a frigate cannot land on a planet, and Reapers are twice the size of a dreadnought...

They already explained that in the first game, their ME drive decreases their mass enough for them to land.

HK_01:

Reapers can essentially manipulate gravity. Thats what Mass Effect technology is. Most ships just don't have a strong enough core to do so, but the Reapers do. Since they did create the tech and all.

OT: Not too happy about all the grey. Grey is boring and bland. And hopefully your choices actually have some consequence in this game.

Is it just me, or is Earth screwed?

HK_01:

D'you remember in the first game, on Eden Prime, where you enter the spaceport and Sovereign is floating there?

Also, why is this only being posted now? This is old news.

HK_01:

If you look closely at it, the Reapers arn't walking on the surface, they're hovering. And Reapers are able to go in-atmosphere. Remember their technology is far more advanced than anything the other galactic species had developed so far.

FoAmY99:

HK_01:

If you look closely at it, the Reapers arn't walking on the surface, they're hovering. And Reapers are able to go in-atmosphere. Remember their technology is far more advanced than anything the other galactic species had developed so far.

Yeah, he entered the atmosphere, he wasn't walking around on the surface of the planet...

I'm confused. Why is this being shown again? It was on the news feed weeks ago...

HK_01:

FoAmY99:

HK_01:

Yeah, he entered the atmosphere, he wasn't walking around on the surface of the planet...

I know. but the Reapers in the trailer aren't walking around either. They're hovering in place shooting up London with their tentacles.

WOO! Future London!

OT: Awesome trailer but somethings bugging me...is the guy (actor) real or CG?

FoAmY99:
I know. but the Reapers in the trailer aren't walking around either. They're hovering in place shooting up London with their tentacles.

If that's the case I have no (or less of a) problem with it, but to me it looked like they were using their "fingers" as legs and walking around, crushing buildings beneath them.

He ejected a thermal clip.

Fuck

Fr]anc[is:

Fuck

Why do people hate this? I don't understand, it's such a better mechanic than the heat meter from the first one.

bojac6:

Fr]anc[is:

Fuck

Why do people hate this? I don't understand, it's such a better mechanic than the heat meter from the first one.

How so? Both systems do the same thing, slow down your rate of fire by having to stop now and again, except in ME2 you can run out of ammo.

Fr]anc[is:

bojac6:

Fr]anc[is:

Fuck

How so? Both systems do the same thing, slow down your rate of fire by having to stop now and again, except in ME2 you can run out of ammo.

In Mass Effect 1, it was a rate of fire thing. You could only fire so quickly before needing to stop and wait. In 2, it's a total number of shots thing, so you get to choose when you wait. Instead of timing your cover around your gun (as in 1) you time your reloading around when you're in cover.

In other words, when the opportunity presents itself to run ahead to the next cover, and I need to decide if I have the firepower to make it, the decision in 1 is based entirely around the gun cooling off, something I have little control of. In 2, it's based on whether or not I just hit the reload button. It may amount to the same thing, and even cost you the same amount of time, but one gives me control while the other makes me a passive observer.

Also, I don't remember running out of ammo much. By making it a resource, you can't go shooting everything and have to pick your shots. Granted, I played through as a Vanguard and an Adept, so I was using a lot of biotic powers.

bojac6:

Fr]anc[is:

bojac6:

In Mass Effect 1, it was a rate of fire thing. You could only fire so quickly before needing to stop and wait. In 2, it's a total number of shots thing, so you get to choose when you wait. Instead of timing your cover around your gun (as in 1) you time your reloading around when you're in cover.

In other words, when the opportunity presents itself to run ahead to the next cover, and I need to decide if I have the firepower to make it, the decision in 1 is based entirely around the gun cooling off, something I have little control of. In 2, it's based on whether or not I just hit the reload button. It may amount to the same thing, and even cost you the same amount of time, but one gives me control while the other makes me a passive observer.

Also, I don't remember running out of ammo much. By making it a resource, you can't go shooting everything and have to pick your shots. Granted, I played through as a Vanguard and an Adept, so I was using a lot of biotic powers.

Mass Effect 1 was better for this because there was such a set up you could have that your gun would NEVER over heat so it was infinite ammo, not anymore

Quiet Stranger:

bojac6:

Fr]anc[is:

Mass Effect 1 was better for this because there was such a set up you could have that your gun would NEVER over heat so it was infinite ammo, not anymore

So your argument is the system worked better in the first game because you could use an exploit build to the point such that ammo and shot conservation were meaningless?

bojac6:

It certainly affected Infiltrators. I ran out of ammo for the Widow depending on the length of the mission(and how much I hunted around for thermal clips), but boy were those shots satisfying...

Irridium:

OT: Not too happy about all the grey. Grey is boring and bland. And hopefully your choices actually have some consequence in this game.

Well in the midst of a galactic threat attempting to wipe out humanity you cant have rainbows and flowers popping up all over the place. Im sure that the rest of the game will be colorful and varied.

Cpu46:

Irridium:

Well in the midst of a galactic threat attempting to wipe out humanity you cant have rainbows and flowers popping up all over the place. Im sure that the rest of the game will be colorful and varied.

True, but that doesn't mean everything turns grey. Including the people.

As other people have said, this is not a new trailer. It's good, but we saw it weeks ago.

bojac6:
So your argument is the system worked better in the first game because you could use an exploit build to the point such that ammo and shot conservation were meaningless?

Yep. Well, actually, it wasn't an exploit. Nobody was glitching or messing with cheat devices or anything. It's an RPG. I'm supposed to grow to become more powerful than I used to be. If my class and weapon mods allow part of that to be no cooldown time for my weapons, so be it. It certainly didn't break the game by any means either. Many of the fights were still quite challenging even with no worries about your gun overheating, including the bosses. So again. Not an exploit, just the result of leveling up, getting better equipment, and applying the proper mods.

Plus ME2's ammo system was a huge step backwards anyway. There's no reason why the guns shouldn't still be able to cool down over time like they did in the first time if you run out of thermal clips. I'd much rather have them combine the two systems or just get rid of the ammo- I mean "thermal clips" altogether than have my gun become worthless because I have no silly thermal clips. There is no logical explanation for why they still can't cool down over time like before instead of having to put away my sweet assault rifle and use this crappy shotgun. It also makes no sense that I run out of assault rifle "ammo" but still have shotgun and pistol "ammo" when they all use the same damn thermal clips.

I just hope that they will improve the ammo/cooling system again, and bring it back towards something more like what we saw in ME1 and move as far away from what we saw in ME2 as possible.

Irridium:

It does if buildings are being destroyed there's a lot of dust and smoke in the air getting all over the place, much like we observed in the trailer. I sure saw a lot of ruined buildings in the middle of an attack anyway. Makes since to me that things would get all brown and gray. Plus that is just one planet. If playing through the first two games doesn't already convince you that the entire universe won't be brown and gray, I'm just typing all this for nothing.

Irridium:

Cpu46:

Irridium:

Viewing through a haze of smoke, dust, and ash will distant objects appear grey. When ash settles on stuff it makes the object look grey. I agree that grey is boring and bland but in this case I understand why it was used.

Wtf. CAPTCHA??? since when have their been spammers on the escapist?

Straying Bullet:
Didn't we already had the same trailer weeks ago? Or is my mind playing tricks with me?

It's the same one that was released a few weeks ago. (damn you Escapist for getting me excited, thinking that there was a new trailer. You're like that twisted tease that told me there was a new DLC trailer when it was just the ME2 reveal trailer they had.)

HK_01:

Most arent walking only one to be fair.

bojac6:

That actually made sense, and I get it. It's not going to change the game for me, and I still prefer ME1, but it's a personal taste thing. I only seriously play soldier and that's mostly all you have are guns, and the more accurate of the 2 basic rifle runs out fast.

HK_01:

Just b/c Earth (or other alien ships) can't land on a planet doesn't mean that the Reapers can't. The technology they employ (some kind of anti-gravity drive for example) may allow them to land on the planet easily. Remember the Codex didn't really cover any Reaper tech...

Not expecting too much change in the way of gameplay considering they're developing this in a year, but the sheer amount of possibilities in the direction the story can take and the variables carried over from the first two games is mind blowing. Looking forward to an epic conclusion(s) to a spectacular trilogy.

Not expecting too much change in the way of gameplay considering they're developing this in a year, but the sheer amount of possibilities in the direction the story can take and the variables carried over from the first two games is mind blowing. Looking forward to an epic conclusion(s) to a spectacular trilogy.

Shit, double post. I'm new to this site is there a way to delete this extra post?

Is it just me, or does the Earth Shepard's looking down on look a lot like Reach?

Chrono212:
WOO! Future London!

OT: Awesome trailer but somethings bugging me...is the guy (actor) real or CG?

I'm gonna say CG with a real actors likeness. Pretty good CG and all.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here