Trailers: Dragon Age II Rise to Power Trailer

Dragon Age II Rise to Power Trailer

Rise to power as Hawke, the Champion of Kirkwall.

Watch Video

*sigh* It might not be anything new, yet that in no way diminishes the awesome.

And if I may say, while I felt petty for longing for this in Origins... Thank the Maker for Mage Finishers! Magi are already flash bang 'incinerate the essence of your soul with a tornado made out of fire', tis about time we got a suitably kick as fatality!

Could do with some more combat, facial punchings are always good for a laugh. The directors cut of the trailer with him fighting the Qunari is much better.

Argh, March can't get here fast enough...

Wait, this is an old trailer...

...but I don't care, because Dragon Age 2 will be awesome, and I'm giving my preorder receipt a loving poke every morning.

I hope the use of "him" in the dialogue is old or optional, because I insist on being able to play a Ladyhawke.

I'm I the only one after watching this thinking "This is Ferelden!"

Didn't Hawke used to be called the Champion of Leothering? When did it change to Kirkwall?

Sabrestar:
I hope the use of "him" in the dialogue is old or optional, because I insist on being able to play a Ladyhawke.

Yeah you can play as a Ladyhawke. There was something about it a while ago but it's totally an option.

Oh goody, and the long and proud bioware tradition of pretending the female version of the hero simply doesn't exist continues, anyone else want to take bets that femme-hawke has better voice-acting and is more compelling overall?

I just hope they learned to color the sky something besides grayish-brown. Seriously, that's all I ever saw in DA:O.

Still, excited.

Stevepinto3:
I just hope they learned to color the sky something besides grayish-brown. Seriously, that's all I ever saw in DA:O.

Still, excited.

Heh, it looks the the entire game is suffering from drabness. Seriously, not once in that trailer did I see a hint of natural green. I don't know where the developers got the idea that having their world be a brownish-gray wasteland was a good idea, but they need to re-evaluate their art design. This game just got significantly less exciting for me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here