LoadingReadyRun: CEX

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

CEX

For all the latest tech news, check out the Consumer Electronics Expo.

Watch Video

Some good points.

lol WTF DOES THE CUBE DO I WILL BUY IT TO FIND OUT!

Wow CEX is awesome!

i thought it was funny until james came on, i did not need a reminder that i will buy anything that glows, and 400 sounds reasonable if it can do...something, which im sure it can.

also, what was kathleen looking at, it seemed like there was something really interesting going on off camera.

MUST... HAVE... GLOWING... CUBE

I didn't notice it was called 'Cex', I feel stupid now lol

It's a Cosmic Cube.

This just in: HYDRA agents lead by the Red Skull attack CEX. Assault thwarted by Captain America and Iron Man. Iron Man stays to demo his new Mark VII Nazibuster armor.

the colours! DO WANT!

Now I'm reminded of the simpsons X3

Swaki:
i thought it was funny until james came on, i did not need a reminder that i will buy anything that glows, and 400 sounds reasonable if it can do...something, which im sure it can.

also, what was kathleen looking at, it seemed like there was something really interesting going on off camera.

Maybe the boys were playing strip poker...

Lucifer dern:

the cube is really an alarm clock, my bro got me one from Thailand for the equivalent of $5. I am amazed at how people are willing to pay $400 for it.

I want that cube so bad. It changes color, god dammit! COLORS!!!
But yeah, the video was pretty funny overall.

Loved the episode, especially the cube. If I ever get the chance, I may actually do that at a trade show.

Spectacular.

I, too, must own the cube.

I have this store in my town.. what do you think we call it?

Yup, thats right - Sex Exchange.

"Is it an iPhone?"

I do love LRR, it may not crack me up but it has its moments.

ONLY $400, what a bargain.... so much glowyness

Distorted Stu:
I have this store in my town.. what do you think we call it?

Yup, thats right - Sex Exchange.

We have one of those in my town too, makes it awkward when someone asks where you bought something and you have to say 'sex exchange', its a good store though.

OT: Great episode, I loved the stinger especially. I want one of those cubes :P

I look forward to more from Brian O' van der Brian Brian (or was it Brian O' Brianson?).

Auction the cube at Desert Bus! I'll pay 1000 for it, well not really, I already know what it is, it's a hologram projector cartridge from the LRR episode Redundancy, and we haven't even invented the technology yet.

TheEnglishman:
Auction the cube at Desert Bus! I'll pay 1000 for it, well not really, I already know what it is, it's a hologram projector cartridge from the LRR episode Redundancy, and we haven't even invented the technology yet.

B'aw, how many people (including me) did you just ninja with that post? But yeah.

"Is it an iPhone? Or at least like an Android?" "No!" "Then no one cares"

"We wanted to release something... make some buzz... get some capital... embezzle it"
At least that Touch Me guy was honest.

Yeah we have a "Cex exchange" in my town too- but most of the people I know call it "Kecks" in fear of use of the oddly amusing name when pronounced properly.

Even moreso when used in sentences such as;
"Did you know there's a Cex store in town? ... Yeah its got everything in there and it's really cheap- though its a shame it's all preowned"

Anyways- another great LRR episode :)

Marmalade:
Wow CEX is awesome!

Your completely right!

Ok now I'm curious, what is the cube?

Lol, that was a great episode.
We demand the next one to be focused on the cube.

Skeneo:

Lucifer dern:

the cube is really an alarm clock, my bro got me one from Thailand for the equivalent of $5. I am amazed at how people are willing to pay $400 for it.

why did you comment fool! you could have made a fortune!

Distorted Stu:

heh, complete with weirdo looking at the shiny products. Is it possible to go into a CEX shop and not find a weirdo looking at stuff? Other than at closing time I mean. I don't know if its the name or what but at the Stoke-on-Trent branch there is always at least one strange looking/act/smelling person there.

At first I thought this was about the store here in the UK. Then I learned. And yes, there is a store here in the UK called CEX.

The name is quite silly though, great episode this week!

Paul's alarm clock/holocube has made several appearances now!

Eduardo Edwards, are you sure you should move away from the Etch-a-Sketch? With its intuitive two-knob interface and all.

Also, with all the self-repeating names in this episode, I was almost expecting Herbert Erbedert to crop up again.

Heh. The names were good. Especially as you changed them every time you introduced the presenters...

But, yeah. I could see the CEX joke coming from the title alone.
It is a good question though... You'd think someone would have noticed that.

The television was a good one, though it reminded me of Sharp's television range that adds yellow to the standard RGB.

To be fair, Sharps idea has a reason, in that RGB alone can't reproduce the entire colour range humans can see...

But there's still some grounds for the joke in that televisions (and computer monitors) are meant to display a specific colour range...
(for NTSC it's usually considered 50% gamut, or about 50% of what the human eye can actually see)

And most modern monitors and can already display 80% gamut.
That's all well and good, but all the tv signals, dvd's, blurays, etc. are all encoded on the idea that the display can't show those colours...
So if you have a display that can show a wider range of colours than that, you usually end up with one of two things happening:
1. The display is calibrated to the correct colour range for the signal it's displaying - In which case, all the extra colour capability goes to waste and is never seen.
2. The display is calibrated to show it's maximum colour range - Which shows a lot of extra colour, but means what's being shown is often far removed from what it was intended to look like.

... Wow. I'm hopeless aren't I?
Explaining all that in the context of a joke? Like, who reading that would actually care? XD

CrystalShadow:
But, yeah. I could see the CEX joke coming from the title alone.
It is a good question though... You'd think someone would have noticed that.

And yet we have Computer Exchange here in England, whose logo is conveniently displayed outside every shop in startling white against a shocking red background: CEX
Demonstrated above by Distorted Stu.

OT: Amusing episode, and I definitely want the CUB3. NAO!

So far I think my favorite qoutes from that episode were:

"Is it an iPhone? Or at least like an Android?" "No!" "Then no one cares"

"We wanted to release something... make some buzz... get some capital... embezzle it"

And like everyone else I want that damn cube! D:

and thus the truth about CES is revealed (THe actual convention in Las Vegas that just ended)
If it's not google, and it's not apple, no one cares, you cna't get a piece of the market!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here