LoadingReadyRun: CEX

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

While I got the "CEX" joke before I played the clip, given that C in Consumer is pronounced as a K, it probably should be "Kecks".

Haha That cube part was hilarious. We WILL pay obscene amounts of money for any shit that anyone can trick us into buying.

hahaha "you people make me sick." I love it.

Aww. You made Kathleen, I mean Jenny, sad faced.

Seriously though, where does one find said alarm clock/holocube?

Swaki:

also, what was kathleen looking at, it seemed like there was something really interesting going on off camera.

I kinda thought that was part of the joke; that she really wasn't interested in what she was having to cover.

Has nobody ever said that out loud? HAHAHA so true!

i was expecting the last name to be unique lol. I liked the end where he just admits they got nothing.

Distorted Stu:
I have this store in my town.. what do you think we call it?

Yup, thats right - Sex Exchange.

That store looks nice. The one in Cardiff is all dank and horrible. Plus I've heard a lot of bad things about it. They sell pre-owned PC games with the CD key already used or not even in it. But they won't exchange or refund it.

Lucifer dern:
lol WTF DOES THE CUBE DO I WILL BUY IT TO FIND OUT!

ditto :P

I just had CEX and it felt so cube?

I'm not sure what's more funny, this or the tsunami of also-rans and knock offs trying to capture a market that not even a year ago none of them would even acknowledge.

Question: Does the Cub3 play Soltar?

"Is it an iPhone, or at least a really good Android phone?" "No." "Then no one will care."

Poor Microsoft. They reboot Windows Mobile, and people ignore it. (Although I've heard people say that it's selling better than AT&T expected.)

But at least this video's topical, what with CES having just happened. (And with more Android can you can shake a stick at!)

Rainboq:
Now I'm reminded of the simpsons X3

Yeah, it reminded me about the Simpsons to. :P

Was that bit about the TV suppose to be a spoof on the color yellow commercials that George Takkay did a while back? Cause it made me laugh.

Distorted Stu:

Curses! You beat me to it! (Is that the middlesbrough branch?)
http://uk.webuy.com/

CrystalShadow:
Heh. The names were good. Especially as you changed them every time you introduced the presenters...

But, yeah. I could see the CEX joke coming from the title alone.
It is a good question though... You'd think someone would have noticed that.

The television was a good one, though it reminded me of Sharp's television range that adds yellow to the standard RGB.

To be fair, Sharps idea has a reason, in that RGB alone can't reproduce the entire colour range humans can see...

But there's still some grounds for the joke in that televisions (and computer monitors) are meant to display a specific colour range...
(for NTSC it's usually considered 50% gamut, or about 50% of what the human eye can actually see)

And most modern monitors and can already display 80% gamut.
That's all well and good, but all the tv signals, dvd's, blurays, etc. are all encoded on the idea that the display can't show those colours...
So if you have a display that can show a wider range of colours than that, you usually end up with one of two things happening:
1. The display is calibrated to the correct colour range for the signal it's displaying - In which case, all the extra colour capability goes to waste and is never seen.
2. The display is calibrated to show it's maximum colour range - Which shows a lot of extra colour, but means what's being shown is often far removed from what it was intended to look like.

... Wow. I'm hopeless aren't I?
Explaining all that in the context of a joke? Like, who reading that would actually care? XD

I care, and I appreciated it. The television bit right at the beginning struck a chord most with me. When it comes to cameras, I know there's a whole lot of shit going on, there's some numbers, they go up, they're expensive. But when Sharp announced the TV projecting yellow, it dug into a particularly jaded part of my mind and just spread it's bullshit around. Thanks for explaining the stuff about gamut, though, that's something I didn't rightly know.

My favorite part were the names! Brian O'Brians, Steven Stevens, Edwardo Edwards, Jenny Jesen. Keep up the delicious comedies LRR!

I loved this episode. Can't believe it took me until Matt came on to recognise the naming scheme.

An 8 day con?!? Who knew there was that much new tech been released this year! As always you guys write a good show

Also, my iPhone is not going to like this new anti bot posting image

-M

It's funny because it's true. Very funny, in fact.

Does the cube act as some kind of companion? Does it have weight?

CUB3:All your hopes and dreams...In a cube! Only $400 Buy two get 1 twice the price!

Fightgarr:

CrystalShadow:
Heh. The names were good. Especially as you changed them every time you introduced the presenters...

But, yeah. I could see the CEX joke coming from the title alone.
It is a good question though... You'd think someone would have noticed that.

The television was a good one, though it reminded me of Sharp's television range that adds yellow to the standard RGB.

To be fair, Sharps idea has a reason, in that RGB alone can't reproduce the entire colour range humans can see...

But there's still some grounds for the joke in that televisions (and computer monitors) are meant to display a specific colour range...
(for NTSC it's usually considered 50% gamut, or about 50% of what the human eye can actually see)

And most modern monitors and can already display 80% gamut.
That's all well and good, but all the tv signals, dvd's, blurays, etc. are all encoded on the idea that the display can't show those colours...
So if you have a display that can show a wider range of colours than that, you usually end up with one of two things happening:
1. The display is calibrated to the correct colour range for the signal it's displaying - In which case, all the extra colour capability goes to waste and is never seen.
2. The display is calibrated to show it's maximum colour range - Which shows a lot of extra colour, but means what's being shown is often far removed from what it was intended to look like.

... Wow. I'm hopeless aren't I?
Explaining all that in the context of a joke? Like, who reading that would actually care? XD

I care, and I appreciated it. The television bit right at the beginning struck a chord most with me. When it comes to cameras, I know there's a whole lot of shit going on, there's some numbers, they go up, they're expensive. But when Sharp announced the TV projecting yellow, it dug into a particularly jaded part of my mind and just spread it's bullshit around. Thanks for explaining the stuff about gamut, though, that's something I didn't rightly know.

Yeah, Much appreciated here too.

also, Kecks?

also known as gruds, pants and thusly, lolz

cheers

Distorted Stu:

The router's in their buildings are also called 'Unprotected Cex' (well, in the one over here in Huddersfield anyway)

Also, to LRR, stop stealing my name generation ideas I used in my IT coursework! At least you didn;t get Zebulon Zebulonson (Zebulon is a real name, look it up)

Just a cube? Pssssssh! Show me a hypercube then we'll talk.

Four hundred dollars? By that price, the CUB3 will dominate the market for... um... glowy cube things. I bet it's not all that it's worked up to be.

this is eerily accurate of the games market.
and it makes me sad
very sad
also the names are pretty typical

I think infnitv was making fun of the quad color by Toshiba... :D

Marmalade:
Wow CEX is awesome!

Yeah, but soon it turns to in and out over and over again and boredom sets in.

Aww poor Alex. He had a nice presentation and he was happy, but then got bashed cause of the fact it isn't a iPhone.
Nice job though guys.the cube bit at the end was hilarious.

Kruxxor:

Distorted Stu:

That store looks nice. The one in Cardiff is all dank and horrible. Plus I've heard a lot of bad things about it. They sell pre-owned PC games with the CD key already used or not even in it. But they won't exchange or refund it.

If British TV has taught me anything, it's that everything in Wales is dank and horrible.

-m

:p

Megacherv:

Distorted Stu:

The router's in their buildings are also called 'Unprotected Cex' (well, in the one over here in Huddersfield anyway)

Also, to LRR, stop stealing my name generation ideas I used in my IT coursework! At least you didn;t get Zebulon Zebulonson (Zebulon is a real name, look it up)

After seeing this I now want to open a Sex Exchange franchise!

midnightalone:
An 8 day con?!? Who knew there was that much new tech been released this year! As always you guys write a good show

Well, they will apparently let anyone in....

The CUB3, it changes colors! Wow.

Marmalade:
Wow CEX is awesome!

Yeah, I know. I love CEX. I love it so much sometimes I'll watch other people at CEX. I just love those CEX shows.

Haha, hilarious!!!! :)

'Is it at all visible to the human eye?'

'No, not at all.'

'Does it raise the price?'

'Significantly.'

Thanks, LRR for making me laugh!!!! :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username: