ReCape: Watching The Cape

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

ReCape: Watching The Cape

If you think that's a forced joke, you obviously didn't catch The Cape last night.

Read Full Article

Ugh, this is really, really bad. I couldnt make it past page 3. Its like they brought in a soap opera writer and told him to write like a comic book writer.
Edit: A bad soap opera writer

This is awful. Not the show, the recap. Personally, I though the show was really good. You, well, aren't. Also, you know why you were not omnipotent as a blogger? You aren't Summer Glau.

not that i have anything against you as a writer, but i saw the 6 pages, and immediatly lost interest, it would be much easier for me to actually just watch the show and form my own opinion :( (nooooo!)

p.s... captcha?! double nooooooo!

Ilikemilkshake:
not that i have anything against you as a writer, but i saw the 6 pages, and immediatly lost interest, it would be much easier for me to actually just watch the show and form my own opinion :( (nooooo!)

p.s... captcha?! double nooooooo!

Well, watch the show and then read it. She could make Firefly sound bad.

I watched it. Keith David was awesome as fuck.

Therefore, the show is awesome as fuck...

Did I mention Keith David was awesome?

This show reminded me of Batman and Robin.

Onyx Oblivion:

Agreed. As was Summer.

Reasonable minds should be able to differ.

Personally, it doesn't sound like I missed much. Of course I watched Bob's Burgers, which appears to have been equally as bad, and Hellboy-Golden Army (rock on)

cynical conservative:

Personally, it doesn't sound like I missed much. Of course I watched Bob's Burgers, which appears to have been equally as bad, and Hellboy-Golden Army (rock on)

The recap was much worse than the actual show. Personally, I'd give it a 7.5/10, which isn't bad considering that I expected a lot less from it. It's cheesy at parts, but in that classic superhero cheesy kind of way. It seems like it will be good for at least one or two seasons, and we'll have to evaluate its progress after that. Note that I'm a very tough critic as well...I'm of the firm belief that 99% of shows on basic cable are complete shit. Often, HBO and Showtime shows can be the only things worth watching.

Xzi:

cynical conservative:

The recap was much worse than the actual show. Personally, I'd give it a 7.5/10, which isn't bad considering that I expected a lot less from it. It's cheesy at parts, but in that classic superhero cheesy kind of way. It seems like it will be good for at least one or two seasons, and we'll have to evaluate its progress after that. Note that I'm a very tough critic as well...I'm of the firm belief that 99% of shows on basic cable are complete shit. Often, HBO and Showtime shows can be the only things worth watching.

Personally, I rate it somewhere below Firefly but above Bones (my second favorite show and a show I really like).

I loved the show, it doesn't take itself too serious and has a good amount of funny, cheesy moments. Grabbing stuff with a spider silk cape that's tougher than Kevlar is quite entertaining for whatever reason.

Onyx Oblivion:

I wasn't going to watch the show as it looked like a poor man's Batman but when I noticed Keith David and Summer Glau were in this, I HAD to watch. Keith David is quite the showman and I can't take my eyes off the beautiful and mesmerizing Summer Glau. I'm guessing The Cape will get canceled before it's time as everything she's been in has gotten canceled.

Trying to ride the snark wave much? This isn't a recap, it's a deconstruction. And your authority to make these snarks is shattered when you say children "that age" are annoyed by you reading out loud. 1) You already pointed out we don't know his age and 2) my brother is 14 and he loves it when I narrate and provide dialogue.

Anyway, you seem overly negative, like you saw the previews, thought you wouldn't like it, and then forced yourself to watch it so you could snark about it. But hey, I red this thinking, Oh, another Elizabeth article. Ugh, but it's actually about something that interests me, oh well, I guess I'll endure it. Don't know what it is, something about you rubs me the wrong way.

Is it possible for you to re-write this without the obvious bias? It's hard for me to take things seriously when that rears its disgusting head.

I love deconstructionist humor so much. This article was tremendous fun.

Post-article fanboy crying was a nice bonus.

I've been put off of the show by it's horrendous title.

The Cape? Fuck, it just sounds terrible.

LifeCharacter:
Is it possible for you to re-write this without the obvious bias? It's hard for me to take things seriously when that rears its disgusting head.

I know, what is with people giving their opinions and trying to entertain people? The audacity! This article should have been a simple transcript, followed by an ACCURATE numeric score!

cynical conservative:

I couldn't make it through Bob's Burgers.

OT: I had completely forgotten about The Cape. I made it through all 6 pages of this recap and it sounds like I didn't miss too much except unintentionally funny acting and made-for-TV bondage scenes (which, as Soap Oprah's have proven, cannot carry a show on their own) As bad as it sounded though, I liked Birds of Prey so maybe I would be interested in this show?

This "recap" (i.e. "sardonic summary") is not very good. I didn't laugh, it was excessive in length, and it lacked wit. I would recommend reading the written reviews of Noah Antwiler of "The Spoony Experiment" fame if you want to see this kind of thing done well.

laryri:
This show reminded me of Batman and Robin.

That's exactly what I though when I was watching it as well.
Let's see... Guy loses most of the things in his life that are important to him and decides to attempt to take back the city from the corrupt police and criminal underworld. But first he needs special fighting, stealth, and disappearing skills, so he's trained by a sort of mentor and he's also given a special gizmo to help him fight crime. He also meets a computer whiz named Ora- whoops, Orwell, who will help him track criminals and give him in mission status updates. And so on and so forth.

OT: It wasn't too terrible, but I couldn't help comparing it to Batman the entire time, making it seem pretty bad.

Shamus Young:

"Humor" is actually funny.

Shamus Young:

LifeCharacter:

I know, what is with people giving their opinions and trying to entertain people? The audacity! This article should have been a simple transcript, followed by an ACCURATE numeric score!

When the opinion is tainted by the person being insufferably annoying it's hard to even think of it without mentally adding, well, this:

Shoggoth2588:

cynical conservative:

I couldn't make it through Bob's Burgers.

OT: I had completely forgotten about The Cape. I made it through all 6 pages of this recap and it sounds like I didn't miss too much except unintentionally funny acting and made-for-TV bondage scenes (which, as Soap Oprah's have proven, cannot carry a show on their own) As bad as it sounded though, I liked Birds of Prey so maybe I would be interested in this show?

Just try it. I seriously think that "review" (quotation marks used because it's as much a review as Fox "News" is news) should have ended with the above image.

This sounds worse than what I'd heard about it. That's really saying something.

The show completely lost me as soon as were were supposed to be rooting for a 'super hero' who's mentors were as bunch of bank robbing thugs who would happliy cut his fingers off, kill him then dump him in the desert if hadn't had a convienently easy way for them to rob even more banks while pointing shot guns at innocent bystanders.

My personal idea of a superhero is someone who takes people like that out.

-_-

Who's idea was it to just rip-off Batman with a super hero idea that is twelve times as silly?

HG131:

Humor? Like how you put up a herp durp face to make fun of the original poster! Yes, truly you are an expert in humorology. Cunningly played. Truly you have avenged the honor of this highly original and entertaining television show.

Fumbleumble:
The show completely lost me as soon as were were supposed to be rooting for a 'super hero' who's mentors were as bunch of bank robbing thugs who would happliy cut his fingers off, kill him then dump him in the desert if hadn't had a convienently easy way for them to rob even more banks while pointing shot guns at innocent bystanders.

Batman was trained by murderers, thieves and other not so good people.

Shamus Young:

HG131:

Humor? Like how you put up a herp durp face to make fun of the original poster! Yes, truly you are an expert in humorology. Cunningly played. Truly you have avenged the honor of this highly original and entertaining television show.

Actually, it's trollface.

haven't watched it yet, but as far as pop culture reviews go, I always trust avclub, well not always but they do have great reviews of the shows and quite a few other things.

Link to review: http://www.avclub.com/articles/pilottarot,49783/

The way they talk about it, interests me.

HG131:

Mysnomer:
Trying to ride the snark wave much? This isn't a recap, it's a deconstruction. And your authority to make these snarks is shattered when you say children "that age" are annoyed by you reading out loud. 1) You already pointed out we don't know his age and 2) my brother is 14 and he loves it when I narrate and provide dialogue.

Anyway, you seem overly negative, like you saw the previews, thought you wouldn't like it, and then forced yourself to watch it so you could snark about it. But hey, I red this thinking, Oh, another Elizabeth article. Ugh, but it's actually about something that interests me, oh well, I guess I'll endure it. Don't know what it is, something about you rubs me the wrong way.

It might be the fact that she has no taste (as this proves).

Scrub the sand out, would ya?

OT: The trailer looked awful, and Chuck is back on next week, so I'm really questioning whether I should even bother with this, or to at least watch the pilot for the inevitable lulz.

Shamus Young:

LifeCharacter:

This article should have been a simple transcript, followed by an ACCURATE numeric score!

I'm afraid that sort of excitement will remain solely in the hands of box-packing businesses.

I saw advertising, and it wasn't even trying to pretend it was good.

I guess it's better than... um... nothing, actually.

I take that back. Nothing is a lot better than this drivel.

Mysnomer:
Oh, another Elizabeth article. Ugh, but it's actually about something that interests me, oh well, I guess I'll endure it. Don't know what it is, something about you rubs me the wrong way.

Seconded. All her articles have left me with a bad taste. This one doesn't help.

Shamus Young:

Commenting on an article I found to be poor = crying.

Really? Can we not comment on an article without being called a crying fanboy? Is this really the road that we want to follow?

Shamus Young:

Reverse Counter Fan Boy... ACTIVATE!!!

HG131:

Fumbleumble:

Batman was trained by murderers, thieves and other not so good people.

yeah the retcon version... I wonder how far Batman, as an icon, would have gotten if that was his orignal origin, ... and even 'if' your point had merit, at least he turned against them in the end.. he didn't hang out with them.

double post.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62222)