288: Crafting Oblivion

Pages PREV 1 2

Blackadder51:

EDIT: Also if possible can move this discussion to the thread linked in the article, i would hate to fill this thread with off topic information.

Sorry to not bring this up on the escapecraft forum, but can you provide detailed, easy directions to the Imperial City site or a map of the area? I got killed during the project and can't find my way back there from the spawn point.

maninahat:

Blackadder51:

EDIT: Also if possible can move this discussion to the thread linked in the article, i would hate to fill this thread with off topic information.

Sorry to not bring this up on the escapecraft forum, but can you provide detailed, easy directions to the Imperial City site or a map of the area? I got killed during the project and can't find my way back there from the spawn point.

type /compass

head North.

Also look for the imperial dragon on the map.

http://wokka.org/mine/current.png

So what's the plan to avoid the ever rampant griefing? Not to be a doom-sayer but I find more griefing videoes than I do actual nice videoes about MC.

Aww, yeah, Escapia. Time to fire up Minecraft and support the cause.

Another amazing project. Actually, there's no way this isn't the biggest I've seen, unless the Imperial City is smaller than a spaceship (I assume it's supposed to be 1:1? I don't remember reading it). Should log on, just to say I helped!

I don't have enough time to devote to a project like this, or I would have made a Normandy a long time ago. I did make an off-proportion (way too fat - hit the ceiling) Barad-dur, complete with Eye of Sauron, the AC symbol/logo, the Tri-Force, a Master Sword shrine with 4 Tri-forces forming a pyramid... Couple other things. Nothing on the massive scale of these - even the tower only took 3-4 hours I think.

Way too much awesome stuff to do in too little time, hmm?

Build a city in survival mode? With actual mining and mobs? I salute you for your commitment to realism and verisimilitude.

I wish that I could help, but my computer's being a bitch right now. :/

Wow, you guys must have no lives!
*salutes awesome attempt*

Spacefly:
I really do wanna give minecraft a go, and now that I have my own laptop I probably will. And the phrase "digital Lego" has made me sure I'm going to try it very soon.

Also, to John Funk (who probably won't read this but what the hey), outside my university library, there is a memorial thingy, loads of large upstanding slabs of stone,

I never read the words on them before but today as I was passing by I noticed the name John Funk on one of them, so I stopped and read it, I don't remember the exact works but it said something like John Funk from long Island commemorates his Irish ancestor George Funk or something, I dunno if its just a coincidence or maybe its the same John Funk.

No relation, sorry :)

Reading this gives me the creative twitch // Would creating a 1:1 scale version of Undercity be totally out of the question?

-M

Wow this is impressive work. Can't wait to see pictures 'n the likes of the finished product.

Heh, Nice job Black, Lion, and Lath, lord knows you deserve the praise!

What this a shameless bump!?

Hehe, well its more or less an update and to tell you guys its still being worked on.

Much more work has been done since this article and i have some piccys, of course going to this forum has all of the info and pictures. =D

http://www.escapecraft.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=618

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

as a worker on this i have to say its fun. we are also getting payed in Diamonds for our work here.

and Blackadders TNT givaways make the whole thing go faster. :D

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54305)