Zero Punctuation: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Watch Video

I really dont see the point to WoW...

I mean, I know a lot of people like it, but I guess it just isnt my style...cataclysm makes it look almost playable...but meh...

That's a lot of responses from people who clearly haven't watch it.

Since I actually did however I've got a question... how does the expansion impact those who don't have it? I haven't played in a few months and am now wondering when I do I'll be on top of a mountain or beneath a whole new town.

Also, Dwarves are the only Alliance race worth playing as haha!

Honestly I'm shocked that he did Wow, and so late again, but he said pretty much what we expected him to say (judging by his previous mentions of wow in previous reviews), still nonetheless the numbers part really freaked me as an ex-raider/ex-player out, cause essentially it's true.

OMFG this was epic! :D

NUMBEEEEEEEEERZ!

But like most people said, this was indeed a unexpected, but it was fun :-) I should get my lazy ass to buy Cataclysm soon.

"NUMBERS!!!!!!!!"

(no love for the Worgen why is that??)

Oh Yahtzee, we always appreciate you!
RAID TO WIN!
###########S!

Well, that was unexpected. I never thought he'd review WoW, but I'd also never think people still bother to send him emails. Oh well. It was fun I guess.

This was way unexpected O_O

I am happy :)

It really is all about numbers at the end of the day... Good shit Yahtzee, fuck the Alliance.

NUMBERS!
Whoa, feel the bitterness in this review. As someone who played WoW for a few months, found it killed my writing and quit, I totally sympathise with the anger Yahtzee expresses here. WoW may be fun for a while, but when the novelty wears off it is ultimately pointless and self-destructive.

Stabby Joe:
That's a lot of responses from people who clearly haven't watch it.

Basically.

I like numbers.

Judging by some of the drivel floating around the WoW forums, you'd think this "game" is nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet passed around a table by a bunch of fat nerds.

Thankfully, there is enjoyment to be had and Yahtzee does touch upon it, wisely getting out when he can.

Some of us were not so fortunate. But at least I play Horde.

LOK'TAR OGAR.

So... not worth getting eh?

lol didnt see this being reviewed a mummopager of all things!

Wow. Didn't expect that.

Hilarious review Yahtzee - and I played World of Warcraft for 3 months and got to level 40. I then got called a 'loser' by one of my friends with 5 level 80s. Go figure...

Holy shit, was that a Halo missile launcher Cataclysm used there?

Good review though, as always. The hills with "you sad twat" drawn on them in huge letters made me lol quite a bit.

I started playing wow a few weeks back and I think that I can completly agree with the statement: 'If you fly around you can see the last few weeks of you're life sailing past' But still a very enjoyable game nontheless.

Wait, How did he end up in a guild?

I count six people about to get suspended in 5....4....3...2....

On topic, I thought he'd never do this. Must be a sign of the impending apocalypse.

Wait why the fuck did you join a guild? I thought you were like a emo goth merc (I remember you an XP a while back that said that). Never played WoW, but I've heard many people talk about it to get the gist of it so I kind of know what a guild is like...sort of...not really. But then I again I prefer to have a life then waste it, that and I'm a cheap bastard

Now we await Yahtzee's review of Guild Wars 2!

Oh, and Mogworld was an amazing book, had some great laughs thank you Yahtzee!

Woah he was playing that on Christmas Day, I bet not even the ghost of Christmas past, present and future would be able to change his ways. That Mogworld make all sense now, well even more sense.

Seeing Wow on the front page as a Zero Punctuation was surprising... even more surprising was that he didn't spend the entire review ripping it apart...<.<

Well, a lot of people play WoW because of the social aspect rather than just the numbers.

But generally those are the people who are not completely addicted and don't spend hours trying to get exalted with every pointless faction for no reason other than they like the look. of all the pretty green bars. (YAY HYPOCRISY)

He hit on just why I've never played WoW: its overemphasis on the parts of Dungeons & Dragons that I always liked least (ie, "numbers") .

I think, dare I say it... he liked it quite a bit. The "anti-WoW" jokes(i.e no life etc.) seemed to be tacked on to keep this episode in line with the cynicism of ZP. Not surprised he likes WoW though, he did work for PC Gamer after all.

Haha, this ep somehow reminds me of the good old days of ZP. Didn't know what to expect and it felt genuine. You could feel the bitterness. It was eerie, yet awesome.

Stabby Joe:

Since I actually did however I've got a question... how does the expansion impact those who don't have it? I haven't played in a few months and am now wondering when I do I'll be on top of a mountain or beneath a whole new town.

If you're referring to the landscape changes, you'll log on at the nearest graveyard, unless you're in a major city. At least, that's what happened to my characters.

BlueInkAlchemist:
Judging by some of the drivel floating around the WoW forums, you'd think this "game" is nothing more than a glorified spreadsheet passed around a table by a bunch of fat nerds.

No, that would be EVE Online.

*Badum-tish!*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook