Trailers: Bulletstorm Skillisode 1

Bulletstorm Skillisode 1

Start to learn the skillshots to really rack up the points in Bulletstorm.

Watch Video

You know, for a game being marketed as kind of a mindless shooter in the vein of Serious Sam, this seems to have a lot of combos and things to keep track of.

135 of them

This looks like Soldier of Fortune cranked up to eleven.

Another epic game from the team behind Painkiller.
Boy, was that an original and fun title!

Oooh the skill system look like fun... although people MAY just find the highest point one and spam but, hey nice way to break up a regular FPS title

Can't get any manly n' immature than that. And I woundn't have it any other way.

Definitely my most anticipated game for the first half of the year, bring it on!

Hmm... This has definitely piqued my interest in the game. I may get this depending on whether it comes out before or after Brink.

Endron27:
Oooh the skill system look like fun... although people MAY just find the highest point one and spam but, hey nice way to break up a regular FPS title

They mentioned in a previous interview that you'd need to be creative. You can't just spam the same thing over and over; you wouldn't get as many points if you did.

This looks tasteless, but maybe that's the point.

Still, "dicktits" was on my mind the whole day at work.

I've never seen a quadruple-barrel shotgun before.

I love the Mercy one.

This has awakened my interest. I wonder, what other skill-kills are there?

The more I see of this game, the more I love it[1]. I won't be pre-ordering it[2], but it may very well be the first new game[3] I buy within its first month of release[4].

[1] Dicktits. Hehehe
[2] I don't pre-order shit
[3] as opposed to used game
[4] year, now that I think of it

Endron27:

It'll probably be similar to Tony Hawks games, were after you do a kickflip in a combo, you'll get less points for doing it over and over until it hits a min value.

I've never said this before but I'm calling this as GOTY.

It just looks like it has a perfect blend of Painkiller and something you actually need to use your head to play well.

It just looks like fun. Like playing marbles with miniature explosives!

A game by Epic Games? So I doubt I am to expect a fantastical story BUT I think I can survive with just mindless shooting

Kaboose the Moose:
A game by Epic Games? So I doubt I am to expect a fantastical story BUT I think I can survive with just mindless shooting

Nope, a game by People can Fly. So expect weaponry that could scare your dick off : P

Scrumpmonkey:

Kaboose the Moose:

Nope, a game by People can Fly. So expect weaponry that could scare your dick off : P

Epic Games are also devs in this project, so; guns..lots of guns and Gears of War style "vague" storyline.

Again, sounds like a fun weekend night with friends

So will this be like "Dark messiah of might and magic", only with guns? If so AWESOME!

While the whole combo system looks fun I don't really know how the story is going to work or how the game will play - that's kind of putting me off this game

Jesus Phish:

Endron27:

It'll probably be similar to Tony Hawks games, were after you do a kickflip in a combo, you'll get less points for doing it over and over until it hits a min value.

That's exactly what people can fly put into the game to prevent repetition of skillshots, and encourage variety

My main concern was that despite the looks, it would end up being a case of leash-shoot-kick, but it seems they're gonna push you to keep getting creative, and I imagine some of the 135 kills will only be available in some places, inspiring you to think of how to achieve them, should be fun!

'now, if I leash him off that railing, then run under as he falls, I can swivel around, blast him in the butt, add a grenade then punt him into a cactus'

That's my kinda forward planning!

I thoroughly dissapprove of ever encouraging the smashing, shooting, or otherwise maiming of a man's balls.

But the game looks fun.

Now this looks like it might be a fun game! :D

No "deep" plot, macho antics, interesting way of earning points from combo's and hopefully enough dakka to make even an Ork happy!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here