Critical Miss: Children of Steam #2

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Time for desperate measures.

ALSO:

I was there....

I was there when the strength of men fell...

When we actually started to enjoy Kane and Lynch 2

Truly a PC gamer's ultimate version of hell.

what the hell are lance and chad supposed to be?

CitySquirrel:

Your typical IGN fan.

CitySquirrel:

Slowpoke's evolution

good thing I still own my old retro PCs, with all my classic games

I will live long enough

This is why being a mixed gamer is the best: console and Pc. In that situation we'd be fine. Still loving the comics! On of the best things on the escapist for me.

I'm glad I live in the Eden of Consoles. The loss of Steam did wound my collection, but many more games remain. PC gamers would be welcomed, if their pride will let them.

I choose to see that dig at the Escapist a dig at the forums, because they deserve it.

Jonci:
I'm glad I live in the Eden of Consoles. The loss of Steam did wound my collection, but many more games remain. PC gamers would be welcomed, if their pride will let them.

Notice they are playing the xbox 360 version of Alone in the Dark. After the fall of Steam, there won't be a place to hide from PC gamers' wrath.

Hah, Slowbro.

Oh neat, I'm immune from Steam. Although I don't even play non-handeld console games so I might be a whole different mutant breed altogether.

Glad i play Wow as well as games off steam.

You come off as incredibly elitist. Only people with powerful computers and connection to the internet can use Steam. Not everyone can afford both of those.

Ironically the IGN fans might be more likely to go to Direct to Drive which doesn't use additional DRM.

I use GOG. I live DRM free.

So this is what people who have absolute faith in Steam will go through.

Hilarious.

Rigs83:
I use GOG. I live DRM free.

Indeed. When the fire comes, we will survive.

Also, buy the Witcher 2 from GoG! No DRM when you buy from GoG!

Pseudonym2:
You come off as incredibly elitist. Only people with powerful computers and connection to the internet can use Steam. Not everyone can afford both of those.

Ironically the IGN fans might be more likely to go to Direct to Drive which doesn't use additional DRM.

My computer's not high powered. I can run Steam. Granted, I'm unlikely to fellate Steam any time soon, but still.

when the slowbros came in, i nearly fell off my chair. but yeah, i would survive it, i play pc and console

I only have a Steam account because it doesn't let me play Metro 2033. Otherwise - I don't need it, and never used it. Looks like I have some predispositions to be a badass in the Steampocalypse :P

When Steam falls, there will be cracks.

Trust me, PC gaming will be fine.

Why do those retarded Ex-capists seem so familiar...?

No, I'm serious. I can't put my finger on it. Does anyone know?

No trashing of gameSpot? Nice one with the slowpokes though.

I only used Steam for playing Black Ops... all my other PC games dont reqiure it...

so when this happens, ill be like...

Good for me I guess. I only play WoW and console games. Well, I do have Portal downloaded from steam, but I never play it anyways.

Looks like John Funk and Greg Tito, tho i could be horribly wrong on the Escapist pane. XD

Good thing i have a lot of old games still in CD/DVD format. (have since RE-bought them when it was going for soooooo damn cheap on Steam, i.e. the entire TruePC Battlefield series for $10)

fuck that i'm joining the horde! i will be feral, maddened, and hungry! GRRRRR Long Live Steam and Long Live Valve!

p.s. i can always fall back to Blizzard, my other great love ♥

Brilliance! Love the IGN burn.

Pseudonym2:

Well for a start, you don't need a powerful PC to use Steam, especially since many of the games on it are quite old and could on just about anything, eg. Fallout 2 or the Commandos series. Secondly, if you don't have an internet connection, how are you reading this webcomic?

You are aware that PC game sales make up like 7% of the market right?
PC gamers are what I refer to as a "Megaphone minority" a group that despite not reflecting a majority seems like they are bigger than they are by how loud and obnoxious they are.

Pseudonym2:

Steam has a games catalog ranging from early 90s (Doom) to 2011 (Dead Space 2). Every PC on the planet can run at least a dozen games on Steam.

Secondly, while it's true that not everyone has an internet connection, the vast majority do.

Souplex:
You are aware that PC game sales make up like 7% of the market right?
PC gamers are what I refer to as a "Megaphone minority" a group that despite not reflecting a majority seems like they are bigger than they are by how loud and obnoxious they are.

The 30 million users on Steam alone would like to have a word with you. Along with the 11 million WoW players. There's probably some overlap between those two groups, but my point still stands.

does that mean window games is the best on the pc now?

PLEASE, keep this going. I think this Children of Steam arc (yes, I'm calling it a story arc, shut up) is good enough to be a stand alone comic. It could be a humorous yet more critical view of games and the people that review and play them. Children of Steam are my two favorites out your archive. Keep up the good work.

Wow. That wasn't insulting to console gamers at all. I'm just glad to see that when the Escapist magazine sets down guidelines about not sparking off wars by baiting console fanboys they apply equally.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a console scrub, I don't know my left from right and the only way I can communicate to the people of this website at all is by smashing my head down on this weird thing covered in letters in front of me.

Personally, I'm loving the Children of Men theme lol.

Is this a Dollhouse (Epitaph to be precise) reference? Sure seems like one.

MelasZepheos:
Wow. That wasn't insulting to console gamers at all. I'm just glad to see that when the Escapist magazine sets down guidelines about not sparking off wars by baiting console fanboys they apply equally.

But then again, what do I know? I'm just a console scrub, I don't know my left from right and the only way I can communicate to the people of this website at all is by smashing my head down on this weird thing covered in letters in front of me.

I think it was intended to be a slam against ignorant gamers, not console gamers. There's ignorance on all platforms; it's just a common internet theme that "lol u can't play games on PC."

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here